PDA

View Full Version : Are they incapable of learning?

Norman Bernstein
10-05-2017, 08:30 AM
It appears that way....

“Energy Secretary Rick Perry took a chartered jet to Ohio last week, according to an airport management company, the day before fellow Cabinet member Tom Price resigned over his use of private charter flights for government business,” Reuters (https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-perry-flight/energy-secretary-took-charter-flight-day-before-price-resigned-idUSKBN1C934F) reports.

S.V. Airlie
10-05-2017, 08:36 AM
Really, what can anyone say?

CWSmith
10-05-2017, 08:40 AM
Can we all say entitlement?

LeeG
10-05-2017, 09:43 AM
It might be possible there were no commercial flights there and govt aircraft aren't cheaper to operate.

Canoeyawl
10-05-2017, 09:46 AM
Rick Perry? Learning?
You're kidding....

https://cbsnews1.cbsistatic.com/hub/i/r/2010/04/27/96c54c0e-a642-11e2-a3f0-029118418759/thumbnail/620x350/c68d8951683a5dc53f2aece26ba5630d/image6438642x.jpg

John of Phoenix
10-05-2017, 09:59 AM
From the same article:

On Monday, the watchdog agency overseeing the U.S. Interior Department said it had opened an investigation into the use of charter flights by Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke, who took a recent private flight from Las Vegas to Kalispell, Montana, that cost $12,000.

So yes, they ARE incapable of learning.

mmd
10-05-2017, 10:18 AM
Did you ever consider that, due to the plethora of weapons in the hands of ordinary US citizens coupled with the gun-owners' pathological hatred of all things government, politicians might feel unsafe flying commercially? <wink, grin>

Canoeyawl
10-05-2017, 10:36 AM
Did you ever consider that, due to the plethora of weapons in the hands of ordinary US citizens coupled with the gun-owners' pathological hatred of all things government, politicians might feel unsafe flying commercially? <wink, grin>

Some of them probably need a charter flight just to carry their security detail.

It is difficult to get guns on to an airplane these days. It makes one wonder if guns should be regulated in more public venues. Or might that be an infringement?

mmd
10-05-2017, 10:42 AM
Need guns to protect your home? Then leave your guns at home.

Glen Longino
10-05-2017, 12:00 PM
I have home guns and truck guns so I don't have to move them around place to place.
At home I have guns hidden around the house so one is nearby regardless which room I'm in, under cushions, in flower pots, magazine holders.
In the truck there is a gun concealed in a pocket in the headliner, one in the door panel, one in the console, one on the floor between my feet.
I'm not paranoid or addicted!

Oops...wrong thread...intended to post on gun addiction thread! I'll leave it here!

John of Phoenix
10-05-2017, 12:09 PM
one on the floor between my feet.Those can be tricky, buddy. I knew a guy once... well you can guess. ;)

CWSmith
10-05-2017, 12:10 PM
I have home guns and truck guns so I don't have to move them around place to place.
At home I have guns hidden around the house so one is nearby regardless which room I'm in, under cushions, in flower pots, magazine holders.
In the truck there is a gun concealed in a pocket in the headliner, one in the door panel, one in the console, one on the floor between my feet.

Oops...wrong thread...intended to post on gun addiction thread! I'll leave it here!

Glen, I am curious. What is the level of violent crime where you live? Have you or a family member ever been the victim of violent assault, robbed at gun point, threatened with bodily harm?

I only ask because I may need to relocate someday and I want to be careful where I go. I'm just wondering why you live in constant fear? I grew up in Baltimore, lived in seacoast Virginia, northern Delaware and now New Hampshire and I've never been the victim of or witnessed violent crime. I heard about it, but I never experienced it (except in 6th grade when a nut kid brought a knife to school and threatened me with it - he was expelled and the problem was solved).

John of Phoenix
10-05-2017, 12:14 PM
I think there's a lot of sarcasm in that post though he is a former LEO.

Glen Longino
10-05-2017, 12:29 PM
:)Bingo, John!
I have one 50 year old H@R 12 gauge single barrel shotgun.
I should have posted a big ole smiley face on that post.
Thanks for your concern, CW!:)

CWSmith
10-05-2017, 12:39 PM
:)Bingo, John!
I have one 50 year old H@R 12 gauge single barrel shotgun.
I should have posted a big ole smiley face on that post.
Thanks for your concern, CW!:)

Glen, we all know people like that. Your post was right on the nose! Good spoof. :)

john welsford
10-05-2017, 01:33 PM

I get that this is a spoof post, but I know a guy just like that. I asked him one day, while outside the USA together ( I live in New Zealand and he in Texas ) what it was like living in such fear. He couldnt understand the question. That bothered me a lot.

John Welsford