PDA

View Full Version : Idea for elections in the US.

Reynard38
09-28-2017, 12:12 PM
Crazy I know but why not add a third option on presidents ballots. No confidence. If no confidence garners more votes than either candidate we start over on an accelerated timeframe with new candidates.
Would make voter suppression an unattractive proposal for starters.

elf
09-28-2017, 01:20 PM
I prefer two votes per candidate - yes and no.

Subtract the nos from the yesses and the person with more yesses wins.

CK 17
09-28-2017, 01:27 PM
I don't think the average American idiot can deal with such a complicated ballot.

elf
09-28-2017, 01:31 PM
And one other thing. Eliminate the Party Line ballot entirely. People have to either vote or not vote for each candidate.

bailfaster
09-28-2017, 01:33 PM
About the only thing that would make either political party pay any attention would be a net vote of "non-incumbent" for an election cycle and a half

Nicholas Carey
09-28-2017, 02:24 PM
I've always maintained that what we need is a "None of the Above" choice on the ballot for every elective office. If "None of the Above" wins, the election for that office is re-run in 60 days, with a completely new slate of candidates (Nobody on the prior ballot is permitted to run again).

BrianY
09-28-2017, 02:29 PM
I'm in favor of ranked voting...put your choices in order of preference.

Also, no "winner take all" primaries.

skuthorp
09-28-2017, 03:39 PM
I've always maintained that what we need is a "None of the Above" choice on the ballot for every elective office. If "None of the Above" wins, the election for that office is re-run in 60 days, with a completely new slate of candidates (Nobody on the prior ballot is permitted to run again).
Same here, even with 'ranked' or preferential voting you can end up with two candidates you'd not allow in your front door, and I to have been advocating a 'none of the above' box to tick.