PDA

View Full Version : Mattis and Tillerman both disagree with their boss

CWSmith
08-30-2017, 03:04 PM
Trump is saying that "...talking is not the answer" with North Korea.

His Secretary of Defense Mattis seems to disagree.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/trump-says-talking-not-the-answer-on-n-korea-mattis-disagrees/ar-AAqZpxb?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartandhp

Trump is already on the record saying that Tillerson "...does not get it."

I wonder who he will fire next until he finds a true 100% "yes man"?

S.V. Airlie
08-30-2017, 03:09 PM
I think both will resign first, who needs added headaches? Baby sitting and diaper changing isn't part of the job description.

Glen Longino
08-30-2017, 03:13 PM
I wonder if Donnie would pardon Mattis if Mattis slapped him upside the head two or three times!

John of Phoenix
08-30-2017, 03:20 PM
I've read a couple of military analysts say that if either Mattis or Tillerson quit, it's time to head for the bunker - two scoops is going to war.

mmd
08-30-2017, 03:27 PM
Hopefully his minders will stay for the betterment of their country and humanity in general.

S.V. Airlie
08-30-2017, 03:30 PM
Hopefully his minders will stay for the betterment of their country and humanity in general.The General might, that's his training. Not sure about the Sec. of State.

peb
08-30-2017, 04:54 PM
Neither on will quit. They both see themselves as very important in providing critical stability in an administrationtration that is not balanced. They will also not allow each other to be fired on one of Trump's whims. They would marshal a cabinet vote on the 25th before they would let that happen. They are both serious people, not perfect, but not dumb. They see their respective roles as pretty dang important considering who is their boss.

Sent from my BLN-L24 using Tapatalk

Glen Longino
08-30-2017, 05:02 PM
I'm glad you said that, peb!

CWSmith
08-30-2017, 05:04 PM
peb, I hope you're right. It just seems like too much optimism.

peb
08-30-2017, 05:10 PM
Nothing optimistic about it. It's actually quite a precarious situation even if I am right. But I hope I am right also. Those two men are pretty dang important in my mind, I certainly hope they realize it themselves.

Chris Smith porter maine
08-30-2017, 05:17 PM
Neither on will quit. They both see themselves as very important in providing critical stability in an administrationtration that is not balanced. They will also not allow each other to be fired on one of Trump's whims. They would marshal a cabinet vote on the 25th before they would let that happen. They are both serious people, not perfect, but not dumb. They see their respective roles as pretty dang important considering who is their boss.

Holy cow you believe things are this bad, and tillerson is going to save us, ExxonMobil denial guy, is going to save the union. I have much more faith in career government types, diplomat's are trained and developed.

Osborne Russell
08-30-2017, 07:09 PM
I wonder if Donnie would pardon Mattis if Mattis slapped him upside the head two or three times!

:D

"Any and all offenses arising from or in the course of the affaire de dope slap (123 USC 456)."

peb
08-30-2017, 07:23 PM
Holy cow you believe things are this bad, and tillerson is going to save us, ExxonMobil denial guy, is going to save the union. I have much more faith in career government types, diplomat's are trained and developed.
I didn't say Tillerson will save us. I hope we don't end up needing saved. But we have a president who is at best unpredictable. Career government types and diplomats don't have the position, access, respect, etc to help keep things on track. Tillerson and Mathis have all those things

skuthorp
08-30-2017, 07:27 PM
I have asked this question before.
If you were in Donald's SS detail and he was about to press the red button what would you do?

TomF
08-30-2017, 07:40 PM
25th on the near Horizon.