PDA

View Full Version : Presidential candidates

Rum_Pirate
08-25-2017, 11:20 AM
When do you expect Presidential candidates (front runners?) to start emerging(?) for the next election for POTHUS from all parties?

S.V. Airlie
08-25-2017, 11:23 AM
When do you expect Presidential candidates (front runners?) to start emerging(?) for the next election for POTHUS from all parties?A bit more than 2.5 yrs. However Trump has already started with his rallies and he's already submitted the paperwork.

switters
08-25-2017, 12:14 PM
It has already started, blue team looking at Kamila Harris and Corey Booker, Perez went down with Clinton. Hickenlooper is on the long list, I really used to like him but after he turned into frackenlooper I'm not sure what team he is on anymore. Then again anyone making the primaries is bought and paid for, unless they are Trump.

Red team ready to run anyone but Trump. Blue team slogan, we are not Trump, and we have better pizza, something like that. It is going to be a crowded field of red and blue candidates who are not Trump in 3 years.

S.V. Airlie
08-25-2017, 12:24 PM
It has already started, blue team looking at Kamila Harris and Corey Booker, Perez went down with Clinton. Hickenlooper is on the long list, I really used to like him but after he turned into frackenlooper I'm not sure what team he is on anymore. Then again anyone making the primaries is bought and paid for, unless they are Trump.

Red team ready to run anyone but Trump. Blue team slogan, we are not Trump, and we have better pizza, something like that. It is going to be a crowded field of red and blue candidates who are not Trump in 3 years.Both parties are always looking, I'm basing it on when one announced and Trump has a step up already with his rallies and filling the paperwork to receive funding for 2020.

Gerarddm
08-25-2017, 12:24 PM
Harris
Booker
Warren
Gavin Newsome
Dwayne Johnson ( WTH )

Perhaps Lincoln Chaffee will make a fool of himself again?

Remember, at this stage of the cycle Bill Clinton was barely a blip on the radar screen. Ya never know.

MICHELLE 2020? LOL.

jack grebe
08-25-2017, 12:25 PM
I just hope someone can come up with a slogan that is not..... NOT TRUMP, and
strategy that doesn't put any focus on him.

Tell me what you are going to do, why, and how.

TomF
08-25-2017, 12:36 PM
CNN is reporting today (http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/25/politics/kasich-hickenlooper-2020-unity-ticket/index.html)that there are nascent talks between Ohio Governor Kasich (GOP) and Colorado Governor Hickenlooper (Dem) on running together on a "Unity" ballot. Kasich for Prez, Hickenlooper for VP.

They'd be potentially running on a platform including proposals both for health care and immigration reform, which would be seen as workable starting spots for people not at the whacked or obstructionist ends of the spectrum.

That could be very interesting, reducing the Trumpists to their rump and giving a home for right-leaning Democrats.

CWSmith
08-25-2017, 12:41 PM
CNN is reporting today (http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/25/politics/kasich-hickenlooper-2020-unity-ticket/index.html)that there are nascent talks between Ohio Governor Kasich (GOP) and Colorado Governor Hickenlooper (Dem) on running together on a "Unity" ballot. Kasich for Prez, Hickenlooper for VP.

They'd be potentially running on a platform including proposals both for health care and immigration reform, which would be seen as workable starting spots for people not at the whacked or obstructionist ends of the spectrum.

That could be very interesting, reducing the Trumpists to their rump and giving a home for right-leaning Democrats.

Interesting idea, but unless they change Congress they will still come up empty. Plus, they are a good bit too conservative for me.

TomF
08-25-2017, 12:44 PM
Oh, conservative as all heck. But sane.

This would be an attempt not so much as a "unity" ticket, IMO, as a sally to re-take the Republican party. To allow the Trump base to peel off into a fringe party of their own, and create a new center-right party with an interest in governing.

Yeadon
08-25-2017, 12:44 PM
No one has any idea who these Kasich and Hickenlooper fellows are. They're all just a big pile of Kucinich to me.

The Rock is a Republican, FTR.

TomF
08-25-2017, 12:49 PM
No one has any idea who these Kasich and Hickenlooper fellows are. They're all just a big pile of Kucinich to me.

The Rock is a Republican, FTR.Against Trump, he'd win. Is he smart enough to be able to assemble a good team, and take advice?

Rich Jones
08-25-2017, 01:23 PM
After DT's impeachment, President Mike Pence will run for election. Will other Republicans, seeing him as a very weak candidate, primary him?

For the Democrats? I haven't a clue. Warren is too far left. Cory Booker is a lot of flash but no proven substance. It'll be someone not widely known at this time.

SKIP KILPATRICK
08-25-2017, 01:30 PM
always a bipartisan favorite

http://www.madmagazine.com/sites/default/files/MAD-Magazine-Alfred-for-President-Brink.jpg

skuthorp
08-25-2017, 04:16 PM
I could support Alf.

mdh
08-25-2017, 07:26 PM
Didn't Trump just annihilate Kasich in the primaries?

TomF
08-25-2017, 07:34 PM
Which is why if this happens, it would be a non-partisan, "unity" candidacy. Not as a Republican official candidate.

mdh
08-25-2017, 07:43 PM
Cruz killed him in the closed primaries, Trump in the open primaries.

TomF
08-25-2017, 07:46 PM
Yeah, and Trump's approval with anyone outside his rump of a base are in the septic tank.

Kasich looks like a grownup. A lot of Rep voters are tired of the toddler.