PDA

View Full Version : Justice Dept. Demands Data on Visitors to Anti-Trump Website

Hallam
08-18-2017, 08:03 PM
In an article in the NY Times....

The Justice Department is trying to force an internet hosting company to turn over information about everyone who visited a website used to organize protests during President Trumpís inauguration, setting off a new fight over surveillance and privacy limits.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/15/us/politics/justice-department-trump-dreamhost-protests.html?mcubz=0
According to the group Avazz,

Trump is forcing an internet provider to turn over 1.3 million names and details of everyone who visited an anti-Trump website! From anywhere in the world!

ron ll
08-18-2017, 09:20 PM
I say we flood the site with visits. Give 'em a few hundred thousand more to sift thru.

oznabrag
08-18-2017, 10:42 PM
I say we flood the site with visits. Give 'em a few hundred thousand more to sift thru.

I say we show up on their doorstep.

FLASHMOB!!!!

100,000 devoted citizens just frothing at the freakin BIT to give them their names!

They have to give us theirs, though.

We really need those names.

Lew Barrett
08-18-2017, 11:18 PM

Great idea. Name the site.

In a similar vein I have periodically monitored the hate sites for years. I look them over every few months to see what the miscreants are up to. Any accounting of those will find me from time to time although I am not a very frequent visitor. That's because I have love and a sex life already and don't need to waste my time looking for somebody like minded who also needs a date.

ron ll
08-18-2017, 11:55 PM
Great idea. Name the site.

http://www.disruptj20.org/

Lew Barrett
08-19-2017, 08:03 AM
Went there. I wonder if I'm on a list now.

ron ll
08-19-2017, 10:59 AM
I did too. Guess they know me now. (Pretty tame site BTW). If I'm on a list of anti-Trumpsters, can't think of a list I would rather be on.