PDA

View Full Version : Senator Jeff Flake (R, NV)

CWSmith
07-30-2017, 09:47 AM
He's on Face the Nation right now. Interesting fellow. He is definitely speaking off the usual Republican script complaining about Republican overspending, attacks on social values, etc. He's also speaking against Trump.

I don't know much about him, but he has a new book out and it seems that he is not a typical Republican of today.

Then again, he is supporting Trump on tax reform and regulations. Reading between the lines, it means more for the rich and more pollution. So, he does not excite me, but he is better than many these days.

Garret
07-30-2017, 10:27 AM
He talks a relatively good talk, but his votes are more in lockstep.

CWSmith
07-30-2017, 10:37 AM
^ Pity, but what I heard from him only sounded good only in comparison to much of what I hear today.

David G
07-30-2017, 10:54 AM
Ayup -- http://forum.woodenboat.com/showthread.php?226306-Brooks-Jeff-Flake-plants-a-flag

johnwill
07-30-2017, 11:42 PM
Senator Flake is from Arizona, not Nevada. One may not agree with him on much, but if there were more Republicans like him, surely Democrats would be able to work together with them to improve things.

Sky Blue
07-31-2017, 12:29 AM
Flake represents the "old" Republican Party. He's a country club Republican. Soft spoken, nice smile, gentlemanly. Business lobby, MIC, globalism, open borders, and all the rest of it. That isn't where the party's voters are, in the states that matter in Republican federal politics right now. Flake sounded very much like a Democrat in his interview this morning. He needs to do what he needs to do, but there's little activism on Right for the policies he represents.

Indeed, consider that Donald Trump very nearly won Minnesota's electoral votes in 2016, and would likely won them were Gary Johnson not on the ballot.

No other Republican Primary candidate in competition with Trump could have come within 10 points of Trump's performance there (to say nothing of Pennsylvania, Michigan and Ohio).

The proof is in the pudding. Flake and his patrons just don't want it eat it.

bamamick
07-31-2017, 10:51 AM
The best thing I heard him say this morning was that the two parties have to start working together because what we have now is not government. I wish there was more of this kind of talk, but even more in the way of action.

The bottom line is that the vast majority of these people are not doing what they are paid by the taxpayers to do.

Mickey Lake

Paul Pless
07-31-2017, 10:55 AM
ahem, dude voted for trump care
dumbest **** ever

oznabrag
07-31-2017, 11:41 AM
ahem, dude voted for trump care
dumbest **** ever

I heard him on PRI this AM, and all he's doing is trying to blame O'Bama.

Of course, he's using a 19-jointed strategy to get there but, as always, the Republican Party isn't 'entirely' responsible.

I call BS.

Donald F Trump is the ONLY logical result of their seditious campaign.

Osborne Russell
07-31-2017, 12:46 PM
Flake represents the "old" Republican Party. He's a country club Republican. Soft spoken, nice smile, gentlemanly. Business lobby, MIC, globalism, open borders, and all the rest of it.

Mormon.

Ian McColgin
07-31-2017, 05:02 PM
He rails against Republicans selling out to the New Deal. Historical consciousness is one thing but this . . . Makes Herbert Hoover look forward thinking.

oznabrag
07-31-2017, 05:19 PM
Mormon.

There's only one 'm' in 'Moron'.

SMARTINSEN
07-31-2017, 05:55 PM
Talk is cheap, don't go by what he says, go by what he does. He might as well have posted this little rant in the bilge for all the effect it will have.

Canoeyawl
07-31-2017, 09:01 PM
He's a republican, do we need to know any more than that? Sheese...