PDA

View Full Version : What do you think will be the next fake News story about Trump?

genglandoh
07-19-2017, 09:12 AM
It seems that almost everyday the Dems in the News media have some silly unimportant fake News story about Trump.
Today the fake News story is about Trump having a secret meeting with Putin during the G20 Meeting.

Really secret?
During a G20 dinner with the world leaders and spouses Trump gets up and talks with Putin for an hour.

Old Dryfoot
07-19-2017, 09:15 AM
sad

SKIP KILPATRICK
07-19-2017, 09:16 AM
Drink up!

http://www.funnyordie.com/thumbnails/00acea07ad/fullsize

Garret
So - you are saying he did not do that? If he did, then it's not "fake news". It may not be worthy of mention (I'd disagree with that) - but it's not "fake".

Keith Wilson
That he's a competent leader, and has the best interests of the American people at heart.

Steve McMahon
07-19-2017, 09:18 AM
I expect the next fake story will come from the same place as all the fake stories.....Fox News.

SKIP KILPATRICK
07-19-2017, 09:19 AM
Why not get the fake news right from the horse's ______. (You fill in the blank)

http://i2.cdn.cnn.com/cnnnext/dam/assets/170209140010-01-sean-spicer-0208-exlarge-169.jpg

Flying Orca
07-19-2017, 09:20 AM
Is Graham self-flagellating again?

BrianY
07-19-2017, 09:20 AM
the next fake news story will be about how Trump was acting presidential, working closely with his international peers and making coherent statements outlining detailed and rational policy positions andplans on matters of significant domestic and international importance. Such a story would, of course, have to be fake, because the man seems to be incapable of doing any of these things.

SKIP KILPATRICK
07-19-2017, 09:24 AM
the next fake news story will be about how Trump was acting presidential, working closely with his international peers and making coherent statements outlining detailed and rational policy positions andplans on matters of significant domestic and international importance. Such a story would, of course, have to be fake, because the man seems to be incapable of doing any of these things.

That is already running on Fox News & Brietbart. That's why his minions like Geng still worship at his alter.

Peerie Maa
07-19-2017, 09:31 AM
Is Graham self-flagellating again?

No, just proving that he is to old to learn.

Keith Wilson
07-19-2017, 09:32 AM
FWIW, the story about his meeting with Putin is NOT 'fake news'. He really did meet with Putin. Whether it's important or not, or whether it was a good idea or not, that's a matter of opinion about which people may disagree.

'Fake news' means when a news story reports things as fact that are simply not true, like Obama being born in Africa. It is not an interpretation of facts that one disagrees with.

Chris Smith porter maine
07-19-2017, 09:34 AM
Has there been a fake news story about Trump, seems to me the only fake news is coming from Trump and friends, no contact with the Russians is front and center...

Norman Bernstein
07-19-2017, 09:35 AM
It seems that almost everyday the Dems in the News media have some silly unimportant fake News story about Trump.
Today the fake News story is about Trump having a secret meeting with Putin during the G20 Meeting.

Really secret?
During a G20 dinner with the world leaders and spouses Trump gets up and talks with Putin for an hour.

If you were anything but naive, you'd understand that a meeting between adversarial heads of state, with NO other person from our side in attendance, is an EXTRAORDINARY event. It is hardly 'fake' news, since 1) it happened, and 2) it's unusual and extraordinary.

John of Phoenix
07-19-2017, 09:44 AM
Why do you gentlemen keep hammering this poor troll with facts? It's frikin' cruel.

genglandoh
07-19-2017, 09:48 AM
It is a fate news story because the news stories are making is sound sinister.

It was a dinner party conversation in front of everyone at the dinner.

CWSmith
07-19-2017, 09:50 AM
The next fake news story will be that he is accomplishing great things and any failures are the fault of others.

SKIP KILPATRICK
07-19-2017, 09:53 AM

I'm sorry you're right..... it's just a dinner party among good friends. Nice wine some good nosh!

What could be sinister about that?

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/02/09/article-2276038-17730A73000005DC-426_632x435.jpg

Norman Bernstein
07-19-2017, 09:59 AM

No, they aren't.... they are reporting it because a President virtually never meets with an adversarial head of state without his own interpreter and at least one other staff member, like the secretary of state, etc.

It's being covered because it's unusual and newsworthy.

ron ll
07-19-2017, 10:03 AM
How much do you guys spend on troll food each month?

S.V. Airlie
07-19-2017, 10:08 AM
genglandoh (http://forum.woodenboat.com/member.php?31100-genglandoh)
http://forum.woodenboat.com/images/statusicon/user-online.pngSenior Member

Join DateDec 2010LocationOhio USAPosts8,307

http://forum.woodenboat.com/images/icons/icon1.png Re: What do you think will be the next fake News story about Trump?

Look at some facts geng, Trump met with Putin for two hours that morning with interpreters for both participants, lasted 2 hours!Publicized. No problem!
Second meeting at night, the WH says for only a few minutes. Those in attendance, Putin, Trump and a Russian interpreter, no one else. Not publicized. Interesting to note the reports from other attendees say the talked for an hour not a few minutes.

Now, what did Trump and Putin have to say that wasn't covered in the morning's meeting? Got any ideas geng?

And then, we have the apparent "love affair" between Trump and Putin. Well publicized.

SKIP KILPATRICK
07-19-2017, 10:15 AM
How much do you guys spend on troll food each month?

Not much. You can tell from my posts I only feed them low quality troll chow. It's a byproduct of making byproducts.

genglandoh
07-19-2017, 10:16 AM
genglandoh (http://forum.woodenboat.com/member.php?31100-genglandoh)
http://forum.woodenboat.com/images/statusicon/user-online.pngSenior Member

Join DateDec 2010LocationOhio USAPosts8,307

http://forum.woodenboat.com/images/icons/icon1.png Re: What do you think will be the next fake News story about Trump?

Look at some facts geng, Trump met with Putin for two hours that morning with interpreters for both participants, lasted 2 hours!Publicized. No problem!
Second meeting at night, the WH says for only a few minutes. Those in attendance, Putin, Trump and a Russian interpreter, no one else. Not publicized. Interesting to note the reports from other attendees say the talked for an hour not a few minutes.

Now, what did Trump and Putin have to say that wasn't covered in the morning's meeting? Got any ideas geng?

And then, we have the apparent "love affair" between Trump and Putin. Well publicized.

Your information is wrong.

Putin and Trump were having a conversation in front of everyone at a dinner party.
There was no special private meeting.

Garret
07-19-2017, 10:24 AM

Putin and Trump were having a conversation in front of everyone at a dinner party.

1) people can talk at a large table without others overhearing

2) Because the only translator present was a Russian - the Russians are the only ones who will have a transcript - so they can make that transcript say anything they want & no one but Trump can gainsay it. Certainly a stupid thing for Trump to do - and possibly opens himself up to (more) Russian blackmail.

Of course TTT calls it fake news - but it is not - not only did the meeting happen (as I said earlier), it was a very dangerous thing to do & shows just how ignorant & arrogant the man is.

S.V. Airlie
07-19-2017, 10:26 AM

There was no special private meeting.Where? Are you saying he didn't have a 2 hour meeting with Putin in the morning? Or was it, he's made it clear he doesn't like Putin. Maybe it's that only a Russian interpreter attended the meeting. Oh wait, the second meeting WAS publicized.

Put your money where your mouth is and tell me exactly where I was wrong in your own words geng!

Chris Smith porter maine
07-19-2017, 10:33 AM

Not true the only people privy to what was said we're Trump, Putin, and a Russian government translator, so yup private and goes against established protocols.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2017/07/18/politics/trump-putin-g20/index.html

genglandoh
07-19-2017, 10:34 AM
Where? Are you saying he didn't have a 2 hour meeting with Putin in the morning? Or was it, he's made it clear he doesn't like Putin. Maybe it's that only a Russian interpreter attended the meeting. Oh wait, the second meeting WAS publicized.

Put your money where your mouth is and tell me exactly where I was wrong in your own words geng!

Sorry if I did not make myself clear.
1. The morning meeting was an official working meet.
2. During the G20 dinner Trump and Putin has a informal conversation like many do at dinner parties.
It was in front of everyone not private.

Norman Bernstein
07-19-2017, 10:37 AM
2. During the G20 dinner Trump and Putin has a informal conversation like many do at dinner parties.

How is it, you know what they talked about?

How do you know that anything they said to each other was heard by anyone else?

None of that has appeared in the press.

Chris Smith porter maine
07-19-2017, 10:38 AM

The second meeting was in front of everyone what was said was private.

Shang
07-19-2017, 10:41 AM
Why do you gentlemen keep hammering this poor troll with facts? It's frikin' cruel.

True, particularly considering how much money geng saves each one of us--we don't have to spend a penny subscribing to right-wing boiler plate "news" publications because geng reports all of those to us for free.

Good geng! Come for a biscuit.

S.V. Airlie
07-19-2017, 10:49 AM
It was in front of everyone not private.Not really answering my question. And in sight but, out of hearing. How long a rope do you need geng?

Vince Brennan
07-19-2017, 11:20 AM

Really secret?

Yea, Graham Cracker, REALLY secret... it qualifies as a "secret meeting" if there is no record of what was discussed, and if you don't think that a hour is a very long time to be having a conversation about Vlad's physical fitness regime, or what kind of tack he prefers to use when riding, or how cute Ivanka is, then your view of the possibilities for discussion are coming out of a pop-tart box.

Nicholas Scheuer
07-19-2017, 11:35 AM
Of course we Dems notice, we went from a POTUS demonstrating historically high levels of integrity to a POTUS demonstrating (again, historically) absolutely NO integrity.

genglandoh
07-19-2017, 11:47 AM
Here is a video showing many people having conversations at the G20 Dinner.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3VV3oLlWJs

S.V. Airlie
07-19-2017, 11:55 AM
Here is a video showing many people having conversations at the G20 Dinner.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3VV3oLlWJsOh geng, this video was before the meal not AFTER when Trump and Putin had their one hour chat. Nice try! I doubt Trump would miss a meal before his meeting, look at his waistline!

Nicholas Scheuer
07-19-2017, 11:59 AM
Bottom line, genglandoh, is that integrity MEANS something to us Dems.

Chris Coose
07-19-2017, 12:09 PM
Taking near an hour to speak with the Chinese guy about N.Korea wasn't near as important as getting a few intimate quality moments with his BF/slave master.

SKIP KILPATRICK
07-19-2017, 12:16 PM
https://media.newyorker.com/photos/596f6e0f3cdfa859e4ba4b63/master/w_649,c_limit/DC071917.jpg

Ninth person in room!!!!

S.V. Airlie
07-19-2017, 12:20 PM
https://media.newyorker.com/photos/596f6e0f3cdfa859e4ba4b63/master/w_649,c_limit/DC071917.jpg

Ninth person in room!!!!No one has checked the closets yet!

genglandoh
07-19-2017, 12:36 PM
Just some facts about the G20 dinner.
1. Each G20 Leasder was only allowed to have one interpreter at the Dinner.
2. Trump was sitting next to the wife of Japanese Prime Minister so he had a Japanese-speaking interpreter.
3. State department members were not invited to the dinner.
4. Melania Trump was sitting next to Putin.
5. The purpose of this dinner was to have the G20 leaders to have informal conversations and get to know each other better.

S.V. Airlie
07-19-2017, 12:38 PM
2. Trump was sitting next to the wife of Japanese Prime Minister so he had a Japanese-speaking interpreter.
5. The purpose of this dinner was to have the G20 leaders to have informal conversations and get to know each other better.Then, why didn't Trump USE his own interpreter? Based on your post, he was there right?

John of Phoenix
07-19-2017, 12:40 PM
6. Line up a Polonium supply for mcconnell and ryan.

TomF
07-19-2017, 12:41 PM
Apparently, the G20 leaders themselves mostly felt that it was very odd indeed (http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-40658999).
But Mr Bremmer of the Eurasia Group says that G20 leaders were surprised by what had happened."I know a lot of people in that group, and many of them - including all of America's principal allies - they found it remarkable, they were concerned by it, it was noteworthy and so it got out," he told MSNBC (http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow/watch/trump-putin-had-second-undisclosed-hour-long-encounter-at-g20-1003025475985).

LeeG
07-19-2017, 12:47 PM
Why don't you guys trust Trump, he said it was informal. He also said there were millions of illegal voters. If he says it it's true, whatever he says even if it's hyperbolically true.

genglandoh
07-19-2017, 12:48 PM
Then, why didn't Trump USE his own interpreter? Based on your post, he was there right?

Trump had a Japanese speaking interpreter at the dinner, not a Russian speaking interpreter.

S.V. Airlie
07-19-2017, 12:50 PM
Trump had a Japanese speaking interpreter at the dinner, not a Russian speaking interpreter.So, there wasn't an American interpreter, Strange to say the least!

Lew Barrett
07-19-2017, 12:53 PM
The purpose of this dinner was to have the G20 leaders to have informal conversations and get to know each other better.

This might have been relevant had Vlad and Don not already been on very intimate terms before the meeting.

Canoeyawl
07-19-2017, 01:01 PM
This might have been relevant had Vlad and Don not already been on very intimate terms before the meeting.

Are they still going on about the showers?

isla
07-19-2017, 01:04 PM

True. The guy standing between them with the notepad is the 'interpreter'. Melania speaks Russian and Putin speaks English, so he is not needed to translate, he is just taking notes. When Trump sits with Putin the translator is not required because Putin speaks English, so again the 'translator' is just taking notes. So is it not extremely inappropriate that Trump's translator, who obviously speaks English, was not asked to take notes for the US administration?

https://heavyeditorial.files.wordpress.com/2017/07/gettyimages-810374636.jpg?w=782&h=495

genglandoh
07-19-2017, 01:05 PM
So, there wasn't an American interpreter, Strange to say the least!

Please read and try to understand.
Each G20 Leader was allowed only one interpreter.

Trump decided to have a Japanese speaking interpreter because he was sitting next to the wife of Japanese Prime Minister.

S.V. Airlie
07-19-2017, 01:09 PM

Trump decided to have a Japanese speaking interpreter because he was sitting next to the wife of Japanese Prime Minister.
You said that geng, doesn't answer the question as to why there isn't an American interpreter. I'm guessing the Japanese interpreter was with the Japanese contingent.

Garret
07-19-2017, 01:11 PM

Please read & try to understand post #49. THIS is the problem - the only record of the conversation is held by the Russians. I guess since they're your guy's best friends it's OK & we now trust the Russians to keep notes for us.

genglandoh
07-19-2017, 01:15 PM
True. The guy standing between them with the notepad is the 'interpreter'. Melania speaks Russian and Putin speaks English, so he is not needed to translate, he is just taking notes. When Trump sits with Putin the translator is not required because Putin speaks English, so again the 'translator' is just taking notes. So is it not extremely inappropriate that Trump's translator, who obviously speaks English, was not asked to take notes for the US administration?

https://heavyeditorial.files.wordpress.com/2017/07/gettyimages-810374636.jpg?w=782&h=495

That is a good point.
Maybe Trump should have had his interrupter take notes of all his discussions with all the leaders he talked with during the Dinner.

I have to wonder if this is normal at these informal causal dinners?

amish rob
07-19-2017, 01:17 PM

I guess I don't understand why a long table, some pitchers of water and some pizzas don't work.
Why do these cats always need to hobnob at such fetes?

On the people's collective dimes.

Peace,
Robert

S.V. Airlie
07-19-2017, 01:17 PM
That is a good point.
Maybe Trump should have had his interrupter take notes of all his discussions with all the leaders he talked with during the Dinner.

I have to wonder if this is normal at these informal causal dinners?Interrupter? Got a nice ring to this.

John of Phoenix
07-19-2017, 01:18 PM
Putin is fluent in German and speaks superb English (all those years as a KGB spy) though he rarely does so in public. The translator was necessary to put all that trumpTwitterBabble into something coherent.

Norman Bernstein
07-19-2017, 01:18 PM

From what I've been able to find out, it almost NEVER happens, in any conversation with a foreign leader, and ESPECIALLY with an adversarial one, there isn't someone to be a note-taker for each side.

Peerie Maa
07-19-2017, 01:20 PM
I guess I don't understand why a long table, some pitchers of water and some pizzas don't work.
Why do these cats always need to hobnob at such fetes?

On the people's collective dimes.

Peace,
Robert

Its a test of who is U and who is non-U.

amish rob
07-19-2017, 01:25 PM
Its a test of who is U and who is non-U.

Yeah. Who do those people really represent? Not me. :)

Peace,
Robert

Peerie Maa
07-19-2017, 01:42 PM
Yeah. Who do those people really represent? Not me. :)

Peace,
Robert

Be fair, only one of them is expected to.

isla
07-19-2017, 01:46 PM
That is a good point.

This is the President of the United States and the President of Russia we're talking about here. Two countries with decades of adversarial history. Sabre rattling with nuclear weapons, the whole cold war thing. Putin is ex-KGB. Anybody with half a brain cell could see the potential advantage of taking notes during this conversation. Putin obviously recognized the potential intel that might be gathered in even a casual conversation. It would appear that Trump did not.

The WH argues that Trump had a Japanese interpreter because he was scheduled to sit next to a Japanese lady. Putin had a Russian interpreter when he was scheduled to sit next to Melania, who is Russian. What? Come on! I bet the 'interpreter' was a spook, present just to take notes.

S.V. Airlie
07-19-2017, 01:49 PM
This is the President of the United States and the President of Russia we're talking about here. Two countries with decades of adversarial history. Sabre rattling with nuclear weapons, the whole cold war thing. Putin is ex-KGB. Anybody with half a brain cell could see the potential advantage of taking notes during this conversation. Putin obviously recognized the potential intel that might be gathered in even a casual conversation. It would appear that Trump did not.

The WH argues that Trump had a Japanese interpreter because he was scheduled to sit next to a Japanese lady. Putin had a Russian interpreter when he was scheduled to sit next to Melania, who is Russian. What? Come on! I bet the 'interpreter' was a spook, present just to take notes.Some here would be thrilled to have "half a brain"!

amish rob
07-19-2017, 01:49 PM
Be fair, only one of them is expected to.

Haha! You know what I mean! :)

That was super funny.

Peace,
Robert

Kevin T
07-19-2017, 01:55 PM
That is a good point.

Great Caesar's Ghost, you can't be this naive, there is nothing informal, nor casual about these dinners. They may call them informal and casual, but every move, every utterance (at least during competent administrations) is scripted, vetted and clearly thought out in advance.

What are you picturing when you use the phrase "informal casual dinners," Vlad invited SCLOTFW to wander down the block for beer and burgers?

It's called brinksmanship, gamesmanship and jockeying for position. When the SCLOTFW makes any kind of offhanded remark it has an effect. He can cause markets to drop or rise, he can make allies nervous and embolden enemies.

Then again you might be quite comfortable with the Russians having a toehold in American elections, stock markets, cyber realms, etc.

TomF
07-19-2017, 02:01 PM
We wrote briefing books for the study and use of leaders attending much lesser "informal dinners." Agonized over the agendas they may wish to raise, and triple-checked with the relevant experts on those topics to define the terrain, the likely positions of the other guy, suggested talking points for our guy, and the overall objective we'd recommend pursuing. Every participant had the same kind of cast-of-thousands preparing them to effectively be the point of the spear.

You'd be boggled by the amount of staff time and expertise reflected in every sentence of such a briefing book.

It is in no way credible to consider such events as casual, unstructured times to chat about baseball scores or what kids in your country wear when going to the beach.

S.V. Airlie
07-19-2017, 03:24 PM
Oh look here. Maybe that second meeting with Putin bore fruit, Trump is now halting any aid to the anti-Assad factions in Syria. Putin is thrilled!

Garret
07-19-2017, 03:30 PM
Oh look here. Maybe that second meeting with Putin bore fruit, Trump is now halting any aid to the anti-Assad factions in Syria. Putin is thrilled!

Fruit? I thought TTT had to have 2 scoops of ice cream?

S.V. Airlie
07-19-2017, 03:39 PM
Fruit? I thought TTT had to have 2 scoops of ice cream?Peach ice cream!

Chris Smith porter maine
07-19-2017, 04:00 PM
A lot of their after dinner conversation was in code.

Putin: The raspberry vinigrette was fabulous.

Translation: We will loan you another $500 mil.

Trump: I thought the lobster bisque had too much salt.

Translation: Thank you, we will promote more NATO infighting.

Putin: Your wife is stunning, as usual.

Translation: We want Belarus.

Spew I going to need a waterproof laptop.

Chris Smith porter maine
07-19-2017, 06:44 PM
5. The purpose of this dinner was to have the G20 leaders to have informal conversations and get to know each other better.

Umm pretty sure she speaks English she graduated from here want to try again or is the current administration that inept

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sacred_Heart_Professional_Training_College

Chip-skiff
07-20-2017, 12:48 AM
Putin had a Russian interpreter when he was scheduled to sit next to Melania, who is Russian.

Melania is from Slovenia, which is bordered by Italy, Austria, Hungary, and Croatia. Where did you get the weird notion that she's Russian?

isla
07-20-2017, 05:15 AM
Melania is from Slovenia, which is bordered by Italy, Austria, Hungary, and Croatia. Where did you get the weird notion that she's Russian?

My apologies, I thought I read somewhere she had some Russian ancestry although she was born and grew up in Slovenia. Guess I was mistaken. However, I think my original point is still valid, she and Putin both speak German and English, so a Russian translator was not required.

If this guy is not translating what is he doing? Taking their orders for cocktails?

https://static.independent.co.uk/s3fs-public/styles/story_large/public/thumbnails/image/2017/07/08/12/melania-trump-putin.jpg

John Kirby, a CNN diplomatic and military analyst who was a spokesman for the State Department during the Obama administration, said smaller, informal meetings were common and were often where "heavy lifting" could get done. But he also pointed out potentially problematic aspects of the meeting.

"While smaller pull-aside meetings are common, it is strange that a pull-aside with someone like Putin -- especially Putin -- would not include at least another national security official and a translator," Kirby said.

He pointed out that the lack of a US translator or other support meant the US would be without a scrupulous translation or a record of what was discussed.
"In this case, we have none of these things," Kirby said. "And only the Russians will have a transcript. Not good."

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/07/18/politics/trump-putin-g20/index.html

KMacDonald
07-20-2017, 06:40 AM
It's good to see that Donald has been able to normalize relations with Russia. I consider it a great diplomatic success.

TomF
07-20-2017, 06:44 AM
Because it's normal for nations to point nuclear weapons at each other, buzz each other's aircraft and naval vessels, and wage ongoing covert ops of various kinds against each other and the others proxies. :)

KMacDonald
07-20-2017, 06:46 AM
Because it's normal for nations to point nuclear weapons at each other, buzz each other's aircraft and naval vessels, and wage ongoing covert ops of various kinds against each other and the others proxies. :)
It's always prudent to have a backup strategy.

isla
07-20-2017, 06:52 AM
It's always prudent to have a backup strategy.

It would be great and wonderful thing if Trump and Putin could establish a long lasting peaceful relationship, which would benefit both countries and the rest of the world. But it's not gonna happen. Most likely they are discussing how best to divide the world between them :rolleyes:

Meanwhile..

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-russia-bomber-alaska-coaststealth-fighter-jets-kodiak-island-trump-putin-f22-raptor-stealth-jets-a7690381.html

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/raf-typoon-jets-scrambled-russian-blackjack-bombers-intercept-north-scotland-lossimouth-coningsby-a7571691.html

Chris Smith porter maine
07-20-2017, 01:22 PM
It's good to see that Donald has been able to normalize relations with Russia. I consider it a great diplomatic success.

Crimea, Ukraine and Syria all thank you for your support.

genglandoh
07-20-2017, 01:31 PM
My apologies, I thought I read somewhere she had some Russian ancestry although she was born and grew up in Slovenia. Guess I was mistaken. However, I think my original point is still valid, she and Putin both speak German and English, so a Russian translator was not required.

If this guy is not translating what is he doing? Taking their orders for cocktails?

https://static.independent.co.uk/s3fs-public/styles/story_large/public/thumbnails/image/2017/07/08/12/melania-trump-putin.jpg

John Kirby, a CNN diplomatic and military analyst who was a spokesman for the State Department during the Obama administration, said smaller, informal meetings were common and were often where "heavy lifting" could get done. But he also pointed out potentially problematic aspects of the meeting.

"While smaller pull-aside meetings are common, it is strange that a pull-aside with someone like Putin -- especially Putin -- would not include at least another national security official and a translator," Kirby said.

He pointed out that the lack of a US translator or other support meant the US would be without a scrupulous translation or a record of what was discussed.
"In this case, we have none of these things," Kirby said. "And only the Russians will have a transcript. Not good."

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/07/18/politics/trump-putin-g20/index.html

Once again each G20 leader was allowed only one translator at the dinner.

Putin's translator may not have been there because he needed translation between English and Russian.
He may also have the ability to translate other languages.
This way when other G20 leaders have little side conversations with him, he could understand them.

Chris Smith porter maine
07-20-2017, 01:43 PM

Putin's translator may not have been there because he needed translation between English and Russian.
This way when other G20 leaders have little side conversations with him, he could understand them.

And once again he brought a Japanese translator to dinner with a woman who speaks English, dude is corrupt or incredibly in inept.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.marketwatch.com/amp/story/guid/0AC30F22-6D50-11E7-9FD7-B313D5E4F219

Keith Wilson
07-20-2017, 02:20 PM
Mr. Putin speaks English quite well. Perhaps they needed a translator to put Mr Trump's remarks into coherent English?

isla
07-20-2017, 02:29 PM

If Trump, Melania and Putin could converse in English, even if slightly awkward, then Trump's translator could have sat in on the conversation to take notes. Trump or Melania could have helped him out if he missed a bit. At least there would be an official US record of the conversation.

If they could converse in English then this Whitehouse statement is totally bogus..
Trump and Putin spoke through the Russian president’s translator, since the American interpreter who traveled with Trump did not speak Russian, the White House said.

It seems to me that Putin speaks pretty good English..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=awWAd-jdwDg

Also..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbjGTG6L9E4

genglandoh
07-21-2017, 11:59 AM
LOL. The brain trust on this forum constantly gets it wrong.

Title: Why didn't Japan's First Lady speak to Trump?
Her previous diplomatic encounters have almost always been through an interpreter and when the BBC requested an interview with her in the past, they said she would only accept if it is conducted in Japanese.
Link: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-40678881

David G
07-21-2017, 12:02 PM
http://static.politico.com/dims4/default/5b8fb7a/2147483647/resize/1160x%3E/quality/90/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fstatic.politico.com%2F6a%2F3c%2F 29fbac2840a2b9862f95f16dba23%2F8-tom-tomorrow.jpg

David G
07-21-2017, 12:04 PM
http://static.politico.com/dims4/default/84bc7a3/2147483647/resize/1160x%3E/quality/90/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fstatic.politico.com%2Fc3%2F15%2F 89f5815040eba591a7652ca7f420%2F10-ruben-bolling.jpg

David G
07-21-2017, 12:04 PM
http://static.politico.com/dims4/default/bfabb68/2147483647/resize/1160x%3E/quality/90/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fstatic.politico.com%2Fb9%2F3b%2F d60a5e3c4e239b4d6988a136025d%2F11-clay-bennett-washington-post-writers-group-and-cartoonist-group.jpg

genglandoh
07-21-2017, 12:06 PM

Title: Vladimir Putin's awkward message in English
While the Russian president gets full marks for effort, his facial gymnastics as he tackles a video message in English have prompted amusement both at home and abroad.
Mr Putin, 60, speaks good German but does not know English so well and has only essayed the language publicly on a few occasions.
Link: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/vladimir-putin/10118288/Vladimir-Putins-awkward-message-in-English.html

isla
07-21-2017, 02:03 PM

Title: Vladimir Putin's awkward message in English
While the Russian president gets full marks for effort, his facial gymnastics as he tackles a video message in English have prompted amusement both at home and abroad.
Mr Putin, 60, speaks good German but does not know English so well and has only essayed the language publicly on a few occasions.
Link: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/vladimir-putin/10118288/Vladimir-Putins-awkward-message-in-English.html

Hah! Just because his pronunciation is laboured doesn't mean that hasn't got a good grasp of the language. Have you ever tried to read a speech from an auto cue in a language which is not your own? Putin is obviously trying to get every scripted word right, in a language (English) which is syllabically difficult for a native Russian speaker.

Try this one. Does this sound like someone who can't speak English? His speech starts at around 1:10

https://youtu.be/_aNo3DxWaW4?t=65

My wife reads novels and watches movies in French, and understands the spoken language very well, but because she doesn't speak French very often her pronunciation is not great.

I have just come back from a visit to my boat, where I photographed a lovely German yawl. I had a long conversation with the skipper, who is German, and we got along just fine. Although his spoken English was coarse I believe he understood every word I said, and I was able to understand him.

But let us assume that Putin, in his conversation with Trump, decided to speak only Russian. His translator relates his words to Trump in English, and relates Trump's words to Putin in Russian. Trump's 'Japanese' translator could have sat in on the conversation, and heard and understood every word in English that Trump heard. He also could have taken notes. His only disadvantage would be not knowing if the Russian translator was translating the conversation accurately, but then neither would Trump.

Nicholas Scheuer
07-21-2017, 02:26 PM
Whatever it is, we won't be hearing of it from Spicey, the horses a-- (see #7).

KMacDonald
07-21-2017, 04:04 PM

OK, I'm building a bomb shelter in the back yard now.;)

genglandoh
07-21-2017, 04:26 PM
Next Fake News Story

The President decided to understand the Presidents Pardon Power.
The Fake News people at CNN immediately start the story that he wants to pardon himself.

Some on this forum get trolled by this fake News story and start the usual threads on the subject.
http://forum.woodenboat.com/showthread.php?226080-Trump-wants-to-know-if-he-can-pardon-himself
http://forum.woodenboat.com/showthread.php?226059-Our-president-is-interested-in-obstructing-justice

Title: Can President Trump pardon himself?
Late Thursday, The Washington Post reported that President Donald Trump is seeking to understand his pardon power, a development that seems directly linked to the ongoing special counsel investigation into Russian meddling in the 2016 election and possible collusion between the Trump campaign and the foreign power.
Link: http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/21/politics/trump-pardon-authority/index.html

Tom Montgomery
07-21-2017, 04:56 PM
From the original Washington Post article (the emphasis is mine):

Some of President Trump’s lawyers are exploring ways to limit or undercut special counsel Robert S. Mueller III’s Russia investigation, building a case against what they allege are his conflicts of interest and discussing the president’s authority to grant pardons, according to people familiar with the effort. Trump has asked his advisers about his power to pardon aides, family members and even himself in connection with the probe, according to one of those people. A second person said Trump’s lawyers have been discussing the president’s pardoning powers among themselves.

One adviser said the president has simply expressed a curiosity in understanding the reach of his pardoning authority, as well as the limits of Mueller’s investigation.

“This is not in the context of, ‘I can’t wait to pardon myself,’ ” a close adviser said....

Currently, the discussions of pardoning authority by Trump’s legal team are purely theoretical, according to two people familiar with the ongoing conversations. But if Trump pardoned himself in the face of the ongoing Mueller investigation, it would set off a legal and political firestorm, first around the question of whether a president can use the constitutional pardon power in that way.

“This is a fiercely debated but unresolved legal question,” said Brian C. Kalt, a constitutional law expert at Michigan State University who has written extensively on the question.

The power to pardon is granted to the president in Article II, Section 2, of the Constitution, which gives the commander in chief the power to “grant Reprieves and Pardons for Offences against the United States, except in Cases of Impeachment.” That means pardon authority extends to federal criminal prosecution but not to state level or impeachment inquiries.

No president has sought to pardon himself, so no courts have reviewed it. Although Kalt says the weight of the law argues against a president pardoning himself, he says the question is open and predicts such an action would move through the courts all the way to the Supreme Court.

“There is no predicting what would happen,” said Kalt, author of the book, “Constitutional Cliffhangers: A Legal Guide for Presidents and Their Enemies.” It includes chapters on the ongoing debate over whether presidents can be prosecuted while in office and on whether a president can issue a pardon to himself.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trumps-lawyers-seek-to-undercut-muellers-russia-investigation/2017/07/20/232ebf2c-6d71-11e7-b9e2-2056e768a7e5_story.html?utm_term=.d11266aa623b

Please explain what part of this news article strikes you as being "fake."

Tom Montgomery
07-21-2017, 05:10 PM
Chew on this piece of news: in order to acquire Donald J. Trump's tax returns all special prosecutor Robert Mueller has to do is go to a court, show reasonable belief that a crime has been committed, and show that the tax returns are relevant to that. The special prosecutor and the court are under no obligation to inform Donald J. Trump of any of that.

In fact Robert Mueller may already have Trump's tax returns. And Trump need have no knowledge of that.

No doubt Trump's lawyers have explained this to him. This may explain his rage focused on every current principle in the U.S. Justice Department.

isla
07-21-2017, 06:00 PM

Title: Why didn't Japan's First Lady speak to Trump?
Her previous diplomatic encounters have almost always been through an interpreter and when the BBC requested an interview with her in the past, they said she would only accept if it is conducted in Japanese.
Link: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-40678881

So first you say that it was an informal dinner party, now it's a diplomatic encounter??? Some reports suggest Mrs Abe just doesn't like Trump and declined to speak with him. Mrs Abe speaks English, and Trump had his famous Japanese interpreter, so you can draw your own conclusions. Trump claimed that Mrs Abe could speak no English, not even 'Hello'. That is incorrect. Mrs Abe speaks pretty good English, but prefers to speak Japanese in formal situations.

Chris Smith porter maine
07-21-2017, 06:26 PM
Next Fake News Story

The President decided to understand the Presidents Pardon Power.
The Fake News people at CNN immediately start the story that he wants to pardon himself.

Some on this forum get trolled by this fake News story and start the usual threads on the subject.
http://forum.woodenboat.com/showthread.php?226080-Trump-wants-to-know-if-he-can-pardon-himself
http://forum.woodenboat.com/showthread.php?226059-Our-president-is-interested-in-obstructing-justice

Title: Can President Trump pardon himself?
Late Thursday, The Washington Post reported that President Donald Trump is seeking to understand his pardon power, a development that seems directly linked to the ongoing special counsel investigation into Russian meddling in the 2016 election and possible collusion between the Trump campaign and the foreign power.
Link: http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/21/politics/trump-pardon-authority/index.html

what's the over under on the first pardon I think less than a year, what do you think. Who will be first and will the count hit ten. How many family members 3 perhaps 4, and then staff perhaps another four or five. And the leaks coming from his staff.... Not a tight ship

Chris Smith porter maine
07-21-2017, 06:30 PM
Oh my

http://forum.woodenboat.com/showthread.php?226083-More-Trouble-for-JEB-Sessions

Osborne Russell
07-21-2017, 06:39 PM
Chew on this piece of news: in order to acquire Donald J. Trump's tax returns all special prosecutor Robert Mueller has to do is go to a court, show reasonable belief that a crime has been committed, and show that the tax returns are relevant to that. The special prosecutor and the court are under no obligation to inform Donald J. Trump of any of that.

In fact Robert Mueller may already have Trump's tax returns. And Trump need have no knowledge of that.

No doubt Trump's lawyers have explained this to him. This may explain his rage focused on every current principle in the U.S. Justice Department.

Trumpistas want to stop leaks . . . except to Trump.

p.s. Mussolini was right about the great mass of men.

genglandoh
07-21-2017, 07:03 PM
So first you say that it was an informal dinner party, now it's a diplomatic encounter??? Some reports suggest Mrs Abe just doesn't like Trump and declined to speak with him. Mrs Abe speaks English, and Trump had his famous Japanese interpreter, so you can draw your own conclusions. Trump claimed that Mrs Abe could speak no English, not even 'Hello'. That is incorrect. Mrs Abe speaks pretty good English, but prefers to speak Japanese in formal situations.

So you expect the BBC to use the exact same words that I use.
I know people like reading my posts but I do not think the BBC reads them.

genglandoh
08-07-2017, 04:18 AM
Well the NYTimes started another Fake News Story.

Title: Mike Pence denies planning 2020 presidential bid
The New York Times said a "shadow campaign" had been set up by some Republicans on the assumption Donald Trump would not stand again.
Citing multiple sources, the article said Mr Pence had implied that he would plan to run if Mr Trump did not.
Mr Pence said the report was an attempt to divide the administration.
Link: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-40846769

isla
08-07-2017, 05:09 AM
Mr Pence said the report was an attempt to divide the administration.

Not much effort required to achieve that. In fact Trump is doing it all by himself, no fake news required. I doubt there has ever been a more divided administration in American political history.

Here's a list of prominent WH staffers and/or senior officials from other departments, who have either resigned or been sacked.

James Comey
Sally Yates
Michael Flynn
Preet Bharara
Walter Shaub
Michael Dubke
Reince Priebus
Sean Spicer
Michael Short
Anthony Scaramucci

Completely unprecedented.
That list doesn't include the likes of Paul Manafort who resigned during the campaign, and Chris Christie who was dumped by Trump and replaced by Mike Pence. Can you name another POTUS who has lost this many staff during the campaign, the transition and the first half year of office?

Then we have all the people who wisely turned down senior posts in the Trump admin..

There have also been a number of people who were identified as being in the running to get head of FBI after Comey was sacked, and have publicly withdrawn their names from contention.

Rep. Trey Gowdy (R-S.C.) withdrew from consideration May 15.
Sen. John Cornyn (R-Tex.) withdrew May 16.
Former FBI official Richard McFeely withdrew May 20.
Former Connecticut senator Joseph I. Lieberman withdrew May 25.

Three of Trump’s picks to head the Army and Navy have withdrawn from consideration, Vincent Viola (Army), Philip Bilden (Navy) and Mark Green (Army). Both David Petraeus and Robert Harward withdrew from contention to replace Michael Flynn as national security adviser. Trump’s first pick to run the Labor Department withdrew. His pick for deputy treasury secretary withdrew, as did his pick for deputy commerce secretary. Trump’s first pick to run the Office of Drug Control Policy, Rep. Tom Marino (R-Pa.), withdrew. Monica Crowley, his pick for National Security Council spokesperson, withdrew. A lawyer on the shortlist for solicitor general withdrew.

Even Trump senior adviser Kellyanne Conway’s husband, George, withdrew from consideration for a top job with the Justice Department.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/politics/wp/2017/06/06/the-trump-administration-has-a-recruiting-problem/

Is any of that fake news? Check any source you like, those firings, resignations and refusals are all a matter of public record.

Like I said, no fake news required to show that Trump's administration is the most shambolic in history.

George Jung
08-07-2017, 01:09 PM
Ol' geng is our own Black Knight... impervious to facts!

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=monty+python+black+knight&&view=detail&mid=2D2637648BB9EB0AE2632D2637648BB9EB0AE263&FORM=VRDGAR

oznabrag
08-07-2017, 01:14 PM
what's the over under on the first pardon I think less than a year, what do you think. Who will be first and will the count hit ten. How many family members 3 perhaps 4, and then staff perhaps another four or five. And the leaks coming from his staff.... Not a tight ship

I think that with Mueller at the helm, we have a chance that the entire house of cards will collapse simultaneously, leaving little or no time for pardons.

If Trump leaves the Grand Jury in chains, his entire clan will do time.

LeeG
08-07-2017, 01:14 PM
Nicole Mincey bot, really fake and Trump thanks her.

http://www.vogue.com/article/trump-twitter-bots-fake-accounts-nicole-mincey

S.V. Airlie
08-07-2017, 01:16 PM

Really secret?
During a G20 dinner with the world leaders and spouses Trump gets up and talks with Putin for an hour.Real OLD in political time.

David G
08-07-2017, 01:47 PM
There have been - so far - very few hyperbolic stories about D.Tramp. The fact is... news organizations are mostly still trying to catch up to how bad it actually is, and adjust to the level of nihilism that Dolt45 brings to the table. The dysfuntion... and the danger... has mostly been under-reported.

Garret
08-07-2017, 02:07 PM
The next fake news story about Trump?

The one that says he's done anything other than play golf & make us the laughingstock of the world.

Not that I'm complaining about him taking weeks off to play golf. At least when he's doing that he's embarrassing himself, not our country...

john welsford
08-07-2017, 03:34 PM
This one?

http://washingtonjournal.com/2017/08/07/three-marines-missing-plane-crash-trumps-response-says/

John Welsford

Tom Montgomery
08-07-2017, 03:41 PM
I have no respect for either Trump or his supporters/defenders. None.

John of Phoenix
08-07-2017, 04:13 PM
Nicole Mincey bot, really fake and Trump thanks her.

http://www.vogue.com/article/trump-twitter-bots-fake-accounts-nicole-minceyFour MILLION fake followers. Psychotic.

:D LMAO :D

S.V. Airlie
08-07-2017, 04:40 PM
Four MILLION fake followers. Psychotic.

:D LMAO :DThey're all illegal aliens or under 18 too.

genglandoh
08-08-2017, 03:12 PM
Well the NYTimes has started a fake news story about how the POTUS was going to bury a Climate Change Report.
So they had to publish the report and put it into the public domain.

The only problem is the report in already public at https://archive.org/details/CSSRTODALL

CNN and the Huffington Post both get taking in by this fake news story.
Good thing Fox News has done some real reporting.

The Fake New Stories
Title: Scientists Fear Trump Will Dismiss Blunt Climate Report
The draft report by scientists from 13 federal agencies, which has not yet been made public, concludes that Americans are feeling the effects of climate change right now. It directly contradicts claims by President Trump and members of his cabinet who say that the human contribution to climate change is uncertain, and that the ability to predict the effects is limited.
Link: https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/07/climate/climate-change-drastic-warming-trump.html

Title: Scientists fear WH will bury federal climate change report
Link: http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/08/politics/climate-change-report/index.html

Title: Federal Scientists’ Startling Climate Report Released Before Trump Can Bury It
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/climate-change-report-draft-nyt_us_598907ece4b0a66b8bae1fc6

The Truth.
Title: Scientists call out New York Times for incorrect claim about climate report
The story, titled “Scientists fear Trump will dismiss blunt climate report,” said the draft report “has not yet been made public” but “a copy of it was obtained by The New York Times.”
The paper also said “those who challenge scientific data on human-caused climate change" are worried the report will be publicly released.
But those who worked on the report are pushing back against the claims, saying the version that was obtained and posted in full by the New York Times has actually been online and available to the public for months.
Link: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/08/08/scientists-call-out-new-york-times-for-incorrect-claim-about-climate-report.html

isla
08-08-2017, 05:54 PM
The document which has been 'available online for months' is a draft report made available as an 'Invitation for public comment'. I believe what the NYT is suggesting, is that the final fully reviewed report, which has not yet been officially published, will be dismissed by Trump's administration.

From the National Geographic..

On August 7, the New York Times reported that it obtained a draft of the report from scientists fearful that the Trump administration might attempt to alter or suppress its findings. The document that the Times originally published, the preliminary "third-order" draft, has been available for months and underwent a public comment period earlier this year. National Geographic independently obtained the third-order draft through a web link hosted by the U.S. National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration.

On August 8, the Times updated its story with the final draft of the scientific review, the "fifth-order" draft.

According to Rutgers University climate scientist Bob Kopp, a coauthor of the review, the final draft is currently being reviewed by the Subcommittee on Global Change Research, part of the White House’s National Science and Technology Council. Comments are expected back on August 18.
http://news.nationalgeographic.com/2017/08/climate-change-government-draft-review-usa-environment-spd/

Does anybody believe that Trump will embrace this report, and introduce new environment policies influenced by it?

Daniel Noyes
08-08-2017, 09:31 PM
I have no respect for either Trump or his supporters/defenders. None.
sad, but was there ever a question?

Daniel Noyes
08-08-2017, 09:36 PM
Well the NYTimes has started a fake news story about how the POTUS was going to bury a Climate Change Report.
So they had to publish the report and put it into the public domain.

The only problem is the report in already public at https://archive.org/details/CSSRTODALL

CNN and the Huffington Post both get taking in by this fake news story.
Good thing Fox News has done some real reporting.

The Fake New Stories
Title: Scientists Fear Trump Will Dismiss Blunt Climate Report
The draft report by scientists from 13 federal agencies, which has not yet been made public, concludes that Americans are feeling the effects of climate change right now. It directly contradicts claims by President Trump and members of his cabinet who say that the human contribution to climate change is uncertain, and that the ability to predict the effects is limited.
Link: https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/07/climate/climate-change-drastic-warming-trump.html

Title: Scientists fear WH will bury federal climate change report
Link: http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/08/politics/climate-change-report/index.html

Title: Federal Scientists’ Startling Climate Report Released Before Trump Can Bury It
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/climate-change-report-draft-nyt_us_598907ece4b0a66b8bae1fc6

The Truth.
Title: Scientists call out New York Times for incorrect claim about climate report
The story, titled “Scientists fear Trump will dismiss blunt climate report,” said the draft report “has not yet been made public” but “a copy of it was obtained by The New York Times.”
The paper also said “those who challenge scientific data on human-caused climate change" are worried the report will be publicly released.
But those who worked on the report are pushing back against the claims, saying the version that was obtained and posted in full by the New York Times has actually been online and available to the public for months.
Link: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2017/08/08/scientists-call-out-new-york-times-for-incorrect-claim-about-climate-report.html

when the authors of the report are calling out the NYT as dishonest you've got to wonder whether NYT qualifies as "Press" or "Propaganda"

Drink up... courtesy NYT!

http://www.funnyordie.com/thumbnails/00acea07ad/fullsize

Daniel Noyes
08-08-2017, 09:44 PM
no one, including liberals believes the NYT is an honest broker in the matter of politics any longer... they've unfortunately lost credibility... they are a Fox News equivalent.

Daniel Noyes
08-08-2017, 09:57 PM
Problem though, you can't support your statement.

do you disagree with the statement?

Daniel Noyes
08-08-2017, 10:06 PM
ok

https://tse2.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.OdVscr-fM4niEjRMQPVCSAEsCx&pid=15.1&P=0&w=291&h=174

Garret
08-09-2017, 07:16 AM
no one, including liberals believes the NYT is an honest broker in the matter of politics any longer... they've unfortunately lost credibility... they are a Fox News equivalent.

Now that's funny. I actually laughed out loud when I read it. Thanks!

Lew Barrett
08-09-2017, 07:42 AM
He's a hoot and a world class communicator. You mean to say you aren't convinced that Fox and the NYT are cut from the same cloth? After all, unless you're to the right of Der Sturmer your perspective is twisted.

oznabrag
08-09-2017, 08:10 AM
The next fake news story about Trump will be that he left the Grand Jury in chains.

TomF
08-09-2017, 08:44 AM
do you disagree with the statement?Categorically.

It is true that both FOX and the NY Times have editorial bias; it is absolutely untrue that they are "equivalent," or that "no one, including liberals believes that the NYT is an honest broker in the matter of politics any longer."

What is true, Daniel, is that you've been groomed to believe that the "failing NY Times" is little besides a loathsome purveyor of "fake news." To believe that there is no distinction between what is written in the "Opinion" section, and in the "News" sections. You're showing that the grooming has worked.

In fact, the NY Times has published story after story which, though initially and loudly derided as "fake news" by Trump, was later admitted by the administration or proven in testimony delivered under oath to be factual. According to the administration, nobody associated with Trump's people met with any Russians during the campaign at all - it was all "fake news." But when details of them began to be published, the administration admitted that the meetings weren't fake at all ... but were about innocuous things. Claims to the contrary were the "fake news." But then details of the meetings began to be reported and admitted .. and something else became the "fake news."

The whole time, FOX' primary line was to repeat the Trump Administration's talking points that meetings with Russians were all "fake news," until some bits weren't.

In contrast, the whole time, the NY Times' primary line was to dig and find out what may have actually happened, and when their reporting was substantiated by multiple sources, to publish. We'd have never known that Donald Jr, Manafort and Kushner met with a group of Russian representatives and lobbyists in June 2016 except for the NY Times, nor have had Donald Jr's emails on the subject released which showed Jr's understanding of the purpose of the meeting (obtaining Russian government information detrimental to Hillary Clinton, to assist the Trump campaign) without the NY Times informing Jr. that they were about to publish them. Those are facts.

So Daniel, what appears to be actually true is that the NY Times is acting like a newspaper. It's doing investigative reporting, it's cultivating credible sources, and publishing newsworthy reports which, while the administration doesn't like them, actually describe real events. And in addition to their factual reporting, the NY Times follows the time-honoured practice of running an Editorial section, where various writers etc. express their opinions about the factual reports.

What it doesn't do, is act as a cheerleader.

genglandoh
08-25-2017, 12:08 PM
Hurricane Harvey will give the Fake News Industry a good opportunity to blame Trump for something.

Chris Smith porter maine
08-25-2017, 12:20 PM
Trump tops a 1000 false and misleading statements, there some fake news for you.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/news/fact-checker/wp/2017/08/22/president-trumps-list-of-false-and-misleading-claims-tops-1000/

SKIP KILPATRICK
08-25-2017, 12:28 PM
Hey genglandoh,

I know you are doing this for free but I just thought I might hip you to a paid position that just opened up. The pay ain't great but I'm sure there are good perks.

Rapid exit: Trump's director of 'rapid response' who scoured the Internet for rare positive stories about him leaves the White House

Andy Hemming, 31, left his $89,000 West Wing job on Monday
Job was to scour Internet, TV and radio for positive news coverage of the Trump administration and get it into the hands of reporters and other 'influencers'
Reporters got frequent in-case-you-missed-it emails from him that mirrored his previous work at the Republican National Committee
For weeks he was sending emails into the black hole of the White House's firewall without knowing it because his distribution list was more than 1,000 names

You can thank me latter.

TomF
08-25-2017, 12:28 PM
Hurricane Harvey will give the Fate News Industry a good opportunity to blame Trump for something.Memorialized the typo, auto-correct serendipity, whatever. It is evidence of Freud's ghost.

Yeah, the "fate" news industry will doubtless have something to say about the Trump administration's performance, when their successes or failures in addressing their role in this crisis become obvious.

The hurricane is God's way of reminding America that in the end, spin doesn't amount to a bucket of warm spit. Actual events, and actual consequences of the good/bad preparation for them transcend spin. Transcend "alternative facts."

This also applies to legislative agendas. It applies to the existence/non-existence of evidence of collusion with Russia. It applies to NK's nuclear weapons, the impact of crashing international trade agreements, global warming, and the alienation of legislators whose support one needs.

The hurricane is an example that none of us "create our own reality;" no matter how much we'd love to. And that governing well requires acknowledging that while "alternative facts" about crowd sizes are mostly trivial, applying the same "alternative facts" regime means that people might die.

So it's kinda critical that an administration deals in actual facts all of the time ... so that when it's most important, the citizens and civil servants charged with handling a crisis have the resources they need and can trust the information they're given.

genglandoh
08-29-2017, 09:13 PM
Hurricane Harvey will give the Fake News Industry a good opportunity to blame Trump for something.

So the Fake News Industry is attacking Trump on shoes and Hats.

C. Ross
08-29-2017, 09:23 PM
Pop quiz: What President before Trump has ever been seen (constantly) wearing clothing for sale in his own store?

SMARTINSEN
08-29-2017, 10:34 PM
So the Fake News Industry is attacking Trump on shoes and Hats.
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DIaXyx3UIAUk68U?format=jpg

Old Dryfoot
09-30-2017, 10:10 AM
Another Fake News story

President Donald Trump’s administration is requiring impoverished Puerto Rican hurricane victims to pay full price to evacuate—and will even holding their passports as collateral until the government receives payment.
This is completely false.

http://forum.woodenboat.com/showthread.php?229224-So-We-Need-to-Pay-to-be-Evacuated!-WTF

Cram it.

S.V. Airlie
09-30-2017, 10:14 AM
Fake NEW, Trump! "We have the votes to pass the Healthcare Bill but, one of the Senators is in the hospital".

Funny, Sen. Corker, the senator Trump is referring to appears to be in good health.

SMARTINSEN
09-30-2017, 10:23 AM
Got a link ? The updated Marketwatch article is vague.

Glen Longino
09-30-2017, 10:32 AM
"Trump died and went to Heaven!" Fake news!

C. Ross
09-30-2017, 10:55 AM
Another Fake News story

President Donald Trump’s administration is requiring impoverished Puerto Rican hurricane victims to pay full price to evacuate—and will even holding their passports as collateral until the government receives payment.
This is completely false.

http://forum.woodenboat.com/showthread.php?229224-So-We-Need-to-Pay-to-be-Evacuated!-WTF

Yep. MarketWatch retracted it. There is in fact a long-standing policy dating to 1944, it was not created by the Trump administration and it does not apply to Puerto Rico, according to Snopes.

Good?

Now, the real problem is that relief to Puerto Rico is criminally slow, our President has chosen to begin his comments on the humanitarian disaster there by criticizing Puerto Rico and treating it differently than Houston or Florida. His priority was criticizing black NFL players, criticizing Senator McCain, and trading insults with North Korea. He has now doubled down by whining about it. Any "fake news" about any of that? No, I didn't think so.

Sometimes the news gets some details wrong.

Pointing out the relatively small errors in one online story in two sources does not change the fact that our President is completely failing the people of Puerto Rico. It'll become clear soon enough.

Nicholas Scheuer
09-30-2017, 12:03 PM
The next fake news about Trump will be whatever he tweets about next.

Chris Smith porter maine
09-30-2017, 12:15 PM
Trump spends the weekend at the Whitehouse working hard for the people of Puerto Rico.
http://trumpgolfcount.com

Garret
09-30-2017, 12:27 PM
Trump spends the weekend at the Whitehouse working hard for the people of Puerto Rico.

That's definitely fake news! How does a Trump supporter reconcile Trump's attacks on Obama playing golf when Trump has done so much more (playing golf)?

The question is a serious one.

SMARTINSEN
10-11-2017, 09:28 PM
Trump’s tweets today...

Fake News- 4

NFL- 2

Interview with Sean Hannity promo- 2

21 killed and over 500 missing in Cali wildfire- 0

Canoeyawl
10-11-2017, 09:46 PM

Cost to taxpayers, $73 million to date...

"That's cash, out of your pocket"

Cost to Taxpayer: At least $73,060,671

Daniel Noyes
10-11-2017, 09:56 PM

Really secret?

yep, so true, Main Stream Media has become a Leftist propaganda mechanism... they have lost credibility with a major percentage of American Citizens... which is actually a bad thing since a strong and active press is essential for Democracy

Canoeyawl
10-11-2017, 09:59 PM
Speaking of credibility, Trump is down to a 30% chance of completing his first term...

Daniel Noyes
10-11-2017, 10:01 PM
Speaking of credibility, Trump is down to a 30% chance of completing his first term...

...he's got to like those odds... so much better than him getting elected :D

Daniel Noyes
10-11-2017, 10:13 PM
Oh my gosh, you won! YOU WON! You are a treasure, bless your pointy little head.

but all the Democrats were soooooo sure that they were going to win... and the Fact that Trumpy maintained that he had a path to victory in the electoral college was "proof positive of his disconnect with reality"... until it wasn't

Jimmy W
10-11-2017, 10:23 PM
Donald Trump makes sensible decision on something. Has anybody made that fake news story?

Daniel Noyes
10-11-2017, 10:24 PM
I know! Crazy, right? But you knew!

the best part was the NPR analysts who said what a shocking win it was for Trumpy in Pennsylvania and Florida... meanwhile Trumpy had been maintaining that he had a chance of winning the states for weeks before the election...

hey just goes to show that "someone" was totally clueless about Facts on the Ground and Reality...

somewhere there is a very self-congratulatory Nightly News Hour run on PBS, about a week before the election, gleefully speculating on how Trumpys business empire will be negatively impacted by his near certain loss in the Presidential race!
https://tse1.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.6nbe7YSa4kpkPZEfrhqqigEXDf&pid=15.1&P=0&w=213&h=171

Daniel Noyes
10-11-2017, 10:39 PM
I win. I was just seeing if you would trot out your ROTFL fellow.

ok... we'll give you this one... must feel good, "WINNING" ... too bad about Hillary and Brexit though...

SKIP KILPATRICK
10-13-2017, 09:35 AM
Okay, I'll take the bait on this one.

Why or what proof do you have that https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/donald-trump/trump-wanted-dramatic-increase-nuclear-arsenal-meeting-military-leaders-n809701 is "Just another made up fake news story." ?

I'll listen .... please tell me.

Garret
10-13-2017, 10:21 AM
It's simple Skip! Trump now says he never said this, so that "trumps" what other people who were there are saying. Dontcha know that he has the power to rewrite history?

Bobcat
10-13-2017, 10:26 AM
It's simple Skip! Trump now says he never said this, so that "trumps" what other people who were there are saying. Dontcha know that he has the power to rewrite history?

And the gullible believe it

SKIP KILPATRICK
10-13-2017, 10:41 AM
Well just the answer I thought from genglandoh .....

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/2/2e/Chirping_Crickets.jpg

isla
10-13-2017, 02:23 PM
What's really pi$$ing Trump off with this report is the fact that people who were present at the meeting have leaked what he said. But he can't publicly go after the leakers, because that would mean admitting that he actually said what they reported to NPR. So he goes after NPR instead. Weak and pathetic eh?

Chris Smith porter maine
10-13-2017, 02:31 PM
Donald Trump fixes health insurance with the stroke of a pen.

isla
10-13-2017, 02:34 PM
Donald Trump fixes health insurance with the stroke of a pen.

You know you can't use the F word here. Fortunately you spelled it wrong :d

Chris Smith porter maine
10-13-2017, 02:39 PM
you know you can't use the f word here. Fortunately you spelled it wrong :d

lmao

Vince Brennan
10-13-2017, 06:02 PM
Once again, I am astounded that so many of you drop into Graham's mousetrap and play these stupid games with him.

Tom Montgomery
10-13-2017, 06:30 PM
One hundred and sixty posts replying to this troll.

Amazing and sad.

Lew Barrett
10-13-2017, 09:30 PM
One hundred and sixty posts replying to this troll.

Amazing and sad.

This.

PeterSibley
10-13-2017, 10:11 PM
but all the Democrats were soooooo sure that they were going to win... and the Fact that Trumpy maintained that he had a path to victory in the electoral college was "proof positive of his disconnect with reality"... until it wasn't

You are correct, the Democrats made a terrible mistake, they overestimated the intelligence of American voters. STUPID won.

epoxyboy
10-14-2017, 02:55 AM
OK, I take that back, I thought that I had won, but your comeback about Hillary and - brilliant move - Brexit forces me to concede. You are too strong, nobody has beaten you!
Was that the sound of something soaring overhead, at thirty thousand feet? You are a bad man ;).

Pete

oznabrag
10-14-2017, 09:53 AM
The reason this thread is staying active is because the news media and the Dems keep putting out fake news stories.

No.

It is because Trump lies whenever he breathes, generating fake news by the steaming, barnyard ton.

Then, his psychophants try to blame everyone but themselves for the Moron King.