PDA

View Full Version : Odd and probably unrelated

Joe (SoCal)
06-14-2017, 01:06 PM
I went to check SCROTUS Twitter feed to see what he had to say about the recent shooting. Odd that page now has happy balloons scrolling up. Weird disconnect with the posts

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump?lang=en&lang=en&lang=en

Whats up with the Baloons ???

isla
06-14-2017, 01:16 PM
I went to check SCROTUS Twitter feed to see what he had to say about the recent shooting. Odd that that page now has happy balloons scrolling up. Weird disconnect with the posts

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump?lang=en&lang=en&lang=en

Whats up with the Baloons ???

Weird! But I can't read more than the odd one or two Trump tweets, they are all weird. The guy is batshyte crazy.

TomZ
06-14-2017, 01:21 PM
It's his birthday today.

Tom Montgomery
06-14-2017, 01:27 PM
Trump was born on June 14, 1946. He is 71 years old today.

He may have 3 scoops for dessert tonight.

Joe (SoCal)
06-14-2017, 01:32 PM

Ahhh This particular weirdness solved. Thanks guys

phiil
06-14-2017, 01:35 PM
His birthday is Flag Day? Who did he have to bribe to arrange that? Betsy Ross?

Jim Bow
06-14-2017, 02:07 PM
And gunfire is ringing from both coasts. Alexandria first and then San Francisco

George Jung
06-14-2017, 02:30 PM

And that's before he even gets to the ice cream!

jack grebe
06-14-2017, 03:26 PM
There must be about 10 million things I could do more interesting than checking Trump's tweets......

BrianW
06-14-2017, 04:23 PM
There must be about 10 million things I could do more interesting than checking Trump's tweets......

No doubt! I don't even have a Twitter app.

Joe (SoCal)
06-14-2017, 04:47 PM

I have one for our business
If you don't have a full and complete business social media agenda these days you are not in business. We get 96.7% of our new clients directly through our social media campaigns.

Twitter
Facebook
Instagram
Yelp
Thumbtack
Website
Nextdoor
Wix
Google
etc.

It's a full time job just keeping up with it all. So yea on my cycle through our twitter account I check on the SCROTUS tweets ( I don't follow him, I lurk ;) )

Garret
06-14-2017, 04:55 PM
If you don't have a full and complete business social media agenda these days you are not in business. We get 96.7% of our new clients directly through our social media campaigns.

Twitter
Facebook
Instagram
Yelp
Thumbtack
Website
Nextdoor
Wix
Google
etc.

It's a full time job just keeping up with it all. So yea on my cycle through our twitter account I check on the SCROTUS tweets ( I don't follow him, I lurk ;) )

I get 100% of my business through word of mouth. No Facebook, no none of the sites/apps you listed. I last updated my web site about 10 years ago...

The only tweets are from all the birds in the apples & maples outside. :p

Joe (SoCal)
06-14-2017, 05:04 PM
I get 100% of my business through word of mouth. No Facebook, no none of the sites/apps you listed. I last updated my web site about 10 years ago...

The only tweets are from all the birds in the apples & maples outside. :p

We have different business ;). I have grown from 0 to 409 clients with 951 pets in a year. $0 to $20,000 a month in gross revenue about to become $40K in a few months of continued growth. The only sounds I hear are: The ringing of the phones :)

I should add I thrive off this and I would probably go mad if it was any other way :)

BrianW
06-14-2017, 05:26 PM
That's awesome Joe!

Garret
06-14-2017, 09:05 PM
We have different business ;). I have grown from 0 to 409 clients with 951 pets in a year. $0 to $20,000 a month in gross revenue about to become $40K in a few months of continued growth. The only sounds I hear are: The ringing of the phones :)

I should add I thrive off this and I would probably go mad if it was any other way :)

Great to hear!

pipefitter
06-15-2017, 02:36 AM

Twitter
Facebook
Instagram
Yelp
Thumbtack
Website
Nextdoor
Wix
Google
etc.

We're (I'm) in business and have none of those. I may get to check facebook once/day for family msgs. I use email sometimes or text to exchange ideas and photos with customers but more often than not, my phone is off.

The last 3 years we have had too much work, figuring to overprice our way out of the excess just from word of mouth alone and it's had a reverse effect. Seems that people instead, equate the high price and extraordinary waiting period with exclusivity.

To be honest, I don't like the social media approach to business. Things that I have purchased that had such a following tended to be a bit too much access for what I needed done. Then there's the hype, or cyber celebrity/groupie stream that tends to follow such things it seems, with all things social media.

Word of mouth, face-to-face, like what you see, a handshake and get it done, is where it's at. It may be fine for tattoo parlors and other trendy things but, in the high skill, specialized industry fields, it's a bit too familiar in a borderline creepy kind of way.

Captain Intrepid
06-15-2017, 02:58 AM
We're (I'm) in business and have none of those. I may get to check facebook once/day for family msgs. I use email sometimes or text to exchange ideas and photos with customers but more often than not, my phone is off.

The last 3 years we have had too much work, figuring to overprice our way out of the excess just from word of mouth alone and it's had a reverse effect. Seems that people instead, equate the high price and extraordinary waiting period with exclusivity.

To be honest, I don't like the social media approach to business. Things that I have purchased that had such a following tended to be a bit too much access for what I needed done. Then there's the hype, or cyber celebrity/groupie stream that tends to follow such things it seems, with all things social media.

Word of mouth, face-to-face, like what you see, a handshake and get it done, is where it's at. It may be fine for tattoo parlors and other trendy things but, in the high skill, specialized industry fields, it's a bit too familiar in a borderline creepy kind of way.

Old school heavy metal industry tends to be like that. If you were in a developing field though, you'd be left in the dust if you didn't pay attention to advertising yourself.

Joe (SoCal)
06-15-2017, 07:15 AM

Actually to be fair I understand pipefitter and Garrets perspective. To be honest the reason we have managed to be as successful as we are is not exclusively through hollow social media marketing. We would be nothing if the work and talent didn't match the marketing. Renee and Troy are incredible groomers. They are also genuinely concerned about the care and treatment of pets. We as a team, from the initial contact, to showing up on time, doing incredible work, and leaving the customer overjoyed, and the pet stress free and happy. This is why we garnish five star reviews on all those social media platforms. This is why almost all customers re-book. Yes we do get word of mouth referral, and we have built up a bit of exclusivity and are priced higher than the competition. All the social media marketing in the world wouldn't be worth anything if the talent wasn't there.

The problem is I don't groom, so I have to do "something" :D - so I market and do all the business work, so they can concentrate on doing great work and I get to promote it. :D

webishop14
06-15-2017, 07:57 AM
Perhaps a 21 gun salute would be in order?

George Jung
06-15-2017, 12:13 PM
Impressive growth, Joe. We're not nearly as adept with the social media, as you - but we use all the above approaches, including internet advertising. I've no doubt we could do 'more'. Time to talk with Administration.

Captain Intrepid
06-15-2017, 02:29 PM
Actually to be fair I understand pipefitter and Garrets perspective. To be honest the reason we have managed to be as successful as we are is not exclusively through hollow social media marketing. We would be nothing if the work and talent didn't match the marketing. Renee and Troy are incredible groomers. They are also genuinely concerned about the care and treatment of pets. We as a team, from the initial contact, to showing up on time, doing incredible work, and leaving the customer overjoyed, and the pet stress free and happy. This is why we garnish five star reviews on all those social media platforms. This is why almost all customers re-book. Yes we do get word of mouth referral, and we have built up a bit of exclusivity and are priced higher than the competition. All the social media marketing in the world wouldn't be worth anything if the talent wasn't there.

The problem is I don't groom, so I have to do "something" :D - so I market and do all the business work, so they can concentrate on doing great work and I get to promote it. :D

Doing business without advertising is like winking at a pretty woman in the dark. You know what you're doing... :D

George Jung
06-15-2017, 02:35 PM
Hmmmm.... an epiphany.... never mind.....

Ted Hoppe
06-15-2017, 03:18 PM
meanwhile - posted 30 mins ago....

Donald J. Trump (https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump)Verified account (https://twitter.com/help/verified)

@realDonaldTrump (https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump)
45th President of the United States of America
Washington, DC
Joined March 2009
Born on June 14

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/874276197357596672/kUuht00m_bigger.jpgDonald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump (https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump) 20m20 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/875441788110110727)More

Crooked H destroyed phones w/ hammer, 'bleached' emails, & had husband meet w/AG days before she was cleared- & they talk about obstruction?

12,181 replies7,636 retweets20,640 likes
Retweet

https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/874276197357596672/kUuht00m_bigger.jpgDonald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump (https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump) 32m32 minutes ago (https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/875438639823675392)More

Why is that Hillary Clintons family and Dems dealings with Russia are not looked at, but my non-dealings are?

14,436 replies7,329 retweets22,975 likes
Retweet

Garret
06-15-2017, 03:35 PM
As the Coasters said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9N60twqqFVY