PDA

View Full Version : Oodle Day

amish rob
06-13-2017, 01:59 AM
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h62/kitchenfiddle/IMG_2066_zpstdpvsfph.jpg (http://s61.photobucket.com/user/kitchenfiddle/media/IMG_2066_zpstdpvsfph.jpg.html)
Here's another one, for whatever it's worth.

Peace,
Eobeet

lupussonic
06-13-2017, 03:11 AM
N-allyl-nor-lysergic acid N,N-diethylamide-methoxetamine?

Be honest now....:cool:

PeterSibley
06-13-2017, 03:57 AM
He looks friendly .:d

TomF
06-13-2017, 05:55 AM
That one is a hoot. Love the arm band! Dude looks a bit like the Cowardly Lion, kinda mixed together with various machines and psychedelic bits.

LeeG
06-13-2017, 07:13 AM
Oodle Day!

amish rob
06-13-2017, 08:24 AM
This may be my favorite.

Daughter and I sat side by side last night as I drew this. We were talking about Quadzilla and his recent musical debut, and her absolutely brilliant softball play of late.

She was amazed at how it happens. She told me she thought I was going to scrap it at one point. Hehe. Girl, I make Rocketships out of Dirt! Like I can't make some goofy, squiggly lines look like a pair of pants and a head...:)

Anyway. I enjoy making these, and will continue to make them for the Bilge and post them.

I'm really trying to get some real art up, too, but I've been busy banging on stuff. Really.

Peace,
Animated TurkeyLegs

oznabrag
06-13-2017, 08:47 AM
Oodle Day?

Odelay!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQtgGRtNvow

TomF
06-13-2017, 08:49 AM
Odel-ay?

This thread has taken a dark turn. I predict yodeling.

amish rob
06-13-2017, 08:50 AM
Oodle Day?

Odelay!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQtgGRtNvow

Man. I only wish I could be as weird and awesome as Beck!

Peace,
Perdidor

amish rob
06-13-2017, 08:54 AM
https://youtu.be/MkdTC_f1u6o

Yodel, eh. :)

Peace,
Robert

oznabrag
06-13-2017, 08:56 AM
Man. I only wish I could be as weird and awesome as Beck!

Peace,
Perdidor

I was sitting on a barstool when Sissyneck came on the stereo.

The tough guy sitting next to me said "I don't know why they have to play that little faggot."

I said, "Man, if that little faggot doesn't get your butt to rockin', there's something wrong with you."

We were never friends after that.

TomF
06-13-2017, 08:56 AM
No. No no no no.

No.

amish rob
06-13-2017, 09:06 AM
I was sitting on a barstool when Sissyneck came on the stereo.

The tough guy sitting next to me said "I don't know why they have to play that little faggot."

I said, "Man, if that little faggot doesn't get your butt to rockin', there's something wrong with you."

We were never friends after that.

Oh, my.

Those are the types I love to eat for breakfast. :) Some gentleman the other evening commented on my Oldest Son's eyeliner.
Now, boy is large and old enough to handle himself, which he did politely. As the ribbing continued, I calmly intervened. I offered to neuter the man on the spot, so he wouldn't ever have to worry about sexual orientation again.

He saw that I was very serious.

Bullies are the biggest cowards, and are beneath contempt, as far as I'm concerned.

Oh. And Old Amish is peaceful. By choice. I'm Luke Skywalker, man. Still...

Peace,
Robert

oznabrag
06-13-2017, 09:12 AM
Oh, my.

Those are the types I love to eat for breakfast. :) Some gentleman the other evening commented on my Oldest Son's eyeliner.
Now, boy is large and old enough to handle himself, which he did politely. As the ribbing continued, I calmly intervened. I offered to neuter the man on the spot, so he wouldn't ever have to worry about sexual orientation again.

He saw that I was very serious.

Bullies are the biggest cowards, and are beneath contempt, as far as I'm concerned.

Oh. And Old Amish is peaceful. By choice. I'm Luke Skywalker, man. Still...

Peace,
Robert

This guy wasn't being particularly ugly or threatening or anything.

He was just complaining about the music.

oznabrag
06-13-2017, 09:12 AM
No. No no no no.

No.

Uhhhh . . .

What?

amish rob
06-13-2017, 09:15 AM
This guy wasn't being particularly ugly or threatening or anything.

He was just complaining about the music.

Ah. Well, that I understand. Some music drives me batty. :)
And, I'm NEVER, EVER jump the gun like that in real life.

It just sounded like the typical, macho bar denizen. See? I'm horribly prejudiced, too? Hehe.

Peace,
Robert

P.S. I didn't mention, either, that my Son is so charming that every person around consoled the poor kid. Geez, he's just trying to look different. By dressing like all his friends. :d

TomF
06-13-2017, 09:26 AM
Uhhhh . . .

What?Just say no to yodeling. Unless you're a cowboy or a Swiss dude way off in the back of beyond where nobody can hear you 'cept cows.

TomF
06-13-2017, 09:29 AM
Oh, my.

He saw that I was very serious. ..This was at the lad's bass-playing gig?

All the same, I trust you and the quadzilla have done some basic push-hands playing about.

amish rob
06-13-2017, 09:33 AM
Just say no to yodeling. Unless you're a cowboy or a Swiss dude way off in the back of beyond where nobody can hear you 'cept cows.
Or an 11 year old girl singing country?

C'mon. Yodeling is great! Do we need to put some good ones up? :)

Peace,
Emperor-eety-or-ooty-or-ooly-or For-iddly-or-iddly-or Li-eedily-eye-eedily-eye-eef!

TomF
06-13-2017, 09:41 AM
Yodeling is a crime against actual music; buckets of manure slung against work actual singers put into trying to blend the "head voice" and "chest voice." It has limited value as a parlour trick, like getting dogs to howl what seem like syllables as if they're talking to babies, or maybe having different sized bumble-bees buzzing in tuned chords/scales.

The size of one's hat, earnestness of one's guitar playing, or pedigree of one's otherwise impeccable musicianship doesn't signify.

(:D :D)

amish rob
06-13-2017, 09:43 AM
This was at the lad's bass-playing gig?

All the same, I trust you and the quadzilla have done some basic push-hands playing about.

At a show, but not his. Oh, the lad is 6'3 230 pounds of growing up with me. :) My Oldest Son is Ferdinand the Bull, and Mr. Hyde. :) Hehe.
Here's a funny story. He and his friends were fighting in the back yard. You know, padded sparring. Young man fun, eh? So Quadzilla learned he has a freaking granite jaw, and a colossal and devastating over hand left.

All the "kids" learned my hands are still faster, and I can get ANY of their backs in about .43 seconds. :)

I have a very short fuse where my clan is concerned, and my politeness wears very thin when imminent threats lurk. Especially macho bully types. I just can't tolerate bullies.
Cooler heads prevail, though, always. Thankfully. I try very hard every day to be the person I want to be. Sometimes it is harder than others. :)

All my kids, thankfully, have grown into much more tolerant people than me. Stronger, too. In every way.

The show? Forgot to tell you. He KILLED it. He has entertained several offers since playing, and they continue to roll in. Funny stuff. Mr. RockStar. :)

Peace,
Robert

amish rob
06-13-2017, 09:46 AM
Yodeling is a crime against actual music; buckets of manure slung against work actual singers put into trying to blend the "head voice" and "chest voice." It has limited value as a parlour trick, like getting dogs to howl what seem like syllables as if they're talking to babies, or maybe having different sized bumble-bees buzzing in tuned chords/scales.

The size of one's hat, earnestness of one's guitar playing, or pedigree of one's otherwise impeccable musicianship doesn't signify.

(:D :D)

This may be the funniest thing ever posted on the web.

Peace,
Crying Tears Of Gut Wrenching Laughter

TomF
06-13-2017, 09:48 AM
Have Quad understand that playing music is a wonderful way to develop God only knows how many different personal faculties - can't hardly think of a better way to spend time, especially at his particular age (when we're all immortal).

That said, it's even better than farming or boatbuilding as a way to lose money, regardless of one's chops. Becoming a speculator can lead to a great payoff, but high risk investing needs firm cut-your-losses criteria too. I would have learned that too late, if God hadn't got so exasperated that he thumped me on the head.

Old Dryfoot
06-13-2017, 09:48 AM
:d

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFDW9b_ejfI

oznabrag
06-13-2017, 09:49 AM
HAH!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tG-awDe-6c

TomF
06-13-2017, 09:53 AM
I knew I could count on you guys for exactly the right examples to back me up. (that is what you each intended, eh? :D)

amish rob
06-13-2017, 09:57 AM
Have Quad understand that playing music is a wonderful way to develop God only knows how many different personal faculties - can't hardly think of a better way to spend time, especially at his particular age (when we're all immortal).

That said, it's even better than farming or boatbuilding as a way to lose money, regardless of one's chops. Becoming a speculator can lead to a great payoff, but high risk investing needs firm cut-your-losses criteria too. I would have learned that too late, if God hadn't got so exasperated that he thumped me on the head.

Oh, mercy don't we know this.
My friend made one of the greatest punk records never heard. :) Really.
With a few Grammy winning exceptions (yes, I have dumbed into knowing some actually talented people), we don't know anybody who makes their living playing their own music.
Lots of teachers and church musicians. Ahem. A few session guys. :)

The scary part of the boy is, music is like 5th down the list. He does computers, and makes short films with his buddies. He also films skateboard parts for videos.

I am literally dumbstruck by my kids. I bang on stuff and scribble.

Peace,
Robert

amish rob
06-13-2017, 09:58 AM
#24 and 25... why I absolutely LOVE this place.

Remeber the game on Price is Right with the yodeling climber guy? :)

Peace,
Robert Barker

TomF
06-13-2017, 10:00 AM
Crazy to see examples of what one could have become, had all those brain cells stayed in the right locations. ;)

Good on your kids - they oughta be standing on our shoulders. Making their own triumphs and mistakes instead of recycling ours.

Old Dryfoot
06-13-2017, 10:15 AM
I knew I could count on you guys for exactly the right examples to back me up. (that is what you each intended, eh? :D)

Don't make me post a bagpipe video. . .

;)

TomF
06-13-2017, 10:19 AM
Don't make me post a bagpipe video. . .

;)You can't fool me - the lad played in a pipe/drum band for too long. Highland pipers can't actually pipe and yodel at the same time, no matter how it seems if you close your eyes.

Spin_Drift
06-14-2017, 04:18 AM
Following :):D

Jimmy W
06-15-2017, 08:38 PM
James 'Super Chikan' Johnson & LaLa Craig - Yodel Blues

https://youtu.be/_tsPn2FpGjw

FishoutaFlorida
06-15-2017, 11:01 PM
Awesome,

Sounds like "Super Chiken's" mom agrees with TomF.

And the Massey Ferguson guitar just puts the cherry on top. Yodeling with a blues background...sweet!