PDA

View Full Version : Dr Who ruined.

P.I. Stazzer-Newt
06-10-2017, 02:06 PM
My wife runs a recycling business about fifteen miles from Cardiff.

Cardiff is where the BBC production team for Dr Who is based - and last year SWMBO sold a huge pile of "weird crap" as potential props - so we have just watched an episode - to a running commentary of; That's Dan Yr Ogof, Those are shower hoses, That this was from a hospital scrap pile - That started as a bale of polystyrene.......

A very different kind of enjoyment.

CWSmith
06-10-2017, 02:09 PM
Isn't one of the Dalek weapons a toilet plunger?

It's always been camp, but great fun.

lupussonic
06-10-2017, 02:18 PM
It was ruined right after Tom Baker was replaced.

seanz
06-10-2017, 03:50 PM
'spot the vacuum cleaner hose' has always been part of the fun of Dr Who.

epoxyboy
06-10-2017, 03:58 PM
Waaaaaay back in '91, I went to MOMI (museum of the moving image) in London, and there happened to be a Dr Who exhibition on. Some of the props on display dated back quite a long time - toilet plunger Dalek material. They were very definitely "workboat finish" when viewed in person |:).

Pete

Vince Brennan
06-10-2017, 05:28 PM
#s 2, 3 and 4.... couldn't agree any more. Baker was a complete goof and spotting "junk props" was a scorecard sport for my friends at one time. (When we could remember how to write intelligbly...)

CWSmith
06-10-2017, 05:29 PM
#s 2, 3 and 4.... couldn't agree any more. Baker was a complete goof and spotting "junk props" was a scorecard sport for my friends at one time. (When we could remember how to write intelligbly...)

And I wouldn't have it any other way!

JayInOz
06-10-2017, 06:16 PM
There's a young bloke working as a reporter for our local TV station who has an unpleasant nasally voice and a stop go way of speaking. I said to my wife during the news report that I have been trying to remember where I've heard that voice before and then I remembered- he speaks Dalek! So now every time he comes on I'm thinking "Exterminate!" JayInOz

Peerie Maa
06-10-2017, 06:25 PM
'spot the vacuum cleaner hose' has always been part of the fun of Dr Who.

If that bothers you, there were the wobbly walls of the Crossroads Motel.