PDA

View Full Version : What do you call a "leaker" when Trump is involved?

Nicholas Scheuer
06-09-2017, 02:14 PM
A patriot.

TomF
06-09-2017, 02:42 PM
Or, in his former life, a dispenser of golden showers.

Tom Montgomery
06-09-2017, 02:48 PM
James Comey, as a private citizen no longer employed in government service, has every right to disclose the unclassified details of his conversations with the POTUS. Hell... people leave office and write books about their service that reveal such details all the time. Such books often wind up on the New York Times bestseller list.

Leaking such unclassified information while still employed in government service may range the gamut from disloyalty to approved background to unapproved heroic... but it is completely legal in any case.

Leaking classified information is illegal. Period.

Do not allow the right-wing and Trump apologist, political spinmeisters to corrupt your common sense.

jack grebe
06-09-2017, 02:50 PM
A fart gone wrong

Tom Montgomery
06-09-2017, 02:57 PM
Ahhh... much better. :)

oznabrag
06-09-2017, 03:29 PM
A teenaged, Muscovite hooker.

CWSmith
06-09-2017, 03:39 PM
Leaking classified information is illegal. Period..

Yes, but let's remember that nonviolent protest (M.L. King, the protests if apartheid, etc.) can also be illegal while they are morally justified, even mandated.

Tom Montgomery
06-09-2017, 03:55 PM
Yes, but let's remember that nonviolent protest (M.L. King, the protests if apartheid, etc.) can also be illegal while they are morally justified, even mandated.You are referencing civil disobedience. That is fine if one is prepared to accept the legal consequences. The idea, of course, is that the law being violated is unjust. The hope is that eventually such action will result in the unjust law being repealed or amended.

Trump's personal attorney claimed yesterday that James Comey's leak to the New York Times about his conversation with the SCROTUS was illegal. THAT is nonsense.

CWSmith
06-09-2017, 03:56 PM
You are referencing civil disobedience. That is fine if one is prepared to accept the legal consequences.

Trump's personal attorney claimed yesterday that James Comey's leak to the New York Times about his conversation with the SCROTUS was illegal. THAT is nonsense.

I agree on both counts.

Osborne Russell
06-09-2017, 04:00 PM
You are referencing civil disobedience. That is fine if one is prepared to accept the legal consequences.

bRING iT oN

Tom Montgomery
06-09-2017, 04:01 PM
I am heartily TIRED of the Trump despicables/apologists.

It is time to stop coddling them and to instead confront them head on and straight to the point.

Tom Montgomery
06-09-2017, 04:06 PM
By the way, I think that can be done within the WBF rules.

skuthorp
06-09-2017, 04:07 PM
I note Donald has appeared to offer to appear at the enquiry 'under oath'. I'm not sure because he dances about the question and does not answer directly. But if he does could he actually believed as it would be in the 'well he would say that' category, and an oath? On what?

Tom Montgomery
06-09-2017, 04:11 PM
Trump had better not appear at an inquiry under oath. I doubt his personal attorney would allow it.

Many of the senators on the Senate Intelligence Committee are former prosecutors who are skilled in questioning a witness in such as way as to uncover discrepancies that indicate untruthfulness.

This guy lies routinely.

jack grebe
06-09-2017, 04:13 PM
I note Donald has appeared to offer to appear at the enquiry 'under oath'. I'm not sure because he dances about the question and does not answer directly. But if he does could he actually believed as it would be in the 'well he would say that' category, and an oath? On what?

That would be hilarious...... His answers would go on for 20 minutes and
Leave everyone scratching their head..... Only way to stop him would be
to give him a phone to start tweeting on.

Bobcat
06-09-2017, 04:19 PM

There are lots of depositions out there involving Trump. When questioned by a skillful lawyer, he does not do well.

skuthorp
06-09-2017, 05:15 PM
Meh, he'll just claim Divine Right and pardon himself preemptively.

He won.

oznabrag
06-09-2017, 05:17 PM

The only way to stop this turdal wave is to seize his assets.