PDA

View Full Version : At least return my calls!

cs
05-31-2017, 02:22 PM
Rant on.

I hate I mean hate petty officials and bureaucrats and small minded people who think that there time is to valuable to answer the phone or return your calls. Really why do you have to be so full of yourself that you think you are above us mere mortals and thus we don't warrant the courtesy of a returned call? Oh I get it. You are so GD important that you can't lower yourself down and talk to others. You have more important things to do rather that your freaking job! Maybe people call and leave messages because you have critical information they need. Maybe you just don't care. Either way the rest of the world has a hard time doing their job if you can't take a freaking minute to answer the phone or return a call with that much needed information. Or just maybe you missed on that lucrative contract because you didn't have time to answer the freaking phone. I don't call for laughs, I call because I got work to do and I need answers that only you have, answer the freaking phone!

I have little time for self important overstuffed pompous SOB's that are so full of themselves that they can't lower themselves to talk to us lower class bums. Bite me!

Rant off

Chad

mmd
05-31-2017, 02:31 PM
Good one, Chad.

Keith Wilson
05-31-2017, 02:35 PM
Amen.

Paul Pless
05-31-2017, 02:37 PM
I think you should drive down to their office Chad. :D

BrianY
05-31-2017, 02:52 PM
I agree with the OP. It is irritating. That being said, as someone who receives a ton of phone calls and messages in the course of my work, I find it incredibly annoying and downright rude when a caller doesn't say why he/she is calling when they leave a message. I don't return those calls.

S.V. Airlie
05-31-2017, 02:59 PM
I agree with the OP. It is irritating. That being said, as someone who receives a ton of phone calls and messages in the course of my work, I find it incredibly annoying and downright rude when a caller doesn't say why he/she is calling when they leave a message. I don't return those calls.I hate it when no one responds which happens more than not these days. I now look at where the call originates from and just delete it. Most originate in southern states with others from Ohio.

Ian McColgin
05-31-2017, 03:23 PM
There are in government and private industry some really terrible examples of customer non-service. Having worked in a number of understaffed offices I must admit that I liked it better when we had some measure of case control.

As an advocate/organizer I had no obligation to take anything and everything that came through the door. We did what amounted to triage, reviewing intake to identify the things that either were not so bad or that the client could handle or at least live through versus the things that no matter what we did we'd lose versus the things we could do something about and that needed our touch. Obviously, we only did the latter.

But in the Consumer Division of the Department of Public Utilities, we had no such choice. The goal was to deal with everything. If people were on hold too long or worse yet dropped off, it was a negative. Given the way stats were kept, it was better to brush and close a case without a helpful investigation which is frankly a problem. But consumer divisions of any government agency still attract people who want to make things work rather than people seeking a place to exercise petty tyrannies. That's more for the registrar of deeds, I suppose.

What I do know from studying governmental consumer operations and regulating utility company customer service is that if it's not working, it's bad management. An outfit with unmotivated and unhelpful workers either hired them because they were bad or created conditions to make good workers bad. The operation will always be a bit understaffed but if way understaffed, that's a management decision about how resources are allocated. If people don't return calls, it may be that the staff are overwhelmed or it may be an office with negative moral but either way, it's the leader's decision.