PDA

View Full Version : Do you think criminals move to Sanctuary Cities?

genglandoh
05-31-2017, 08:37 AM
I think they do.

Keith Wilson
05-31-2017, 08:40 AM
Do you think colorless green ideas sleep furiously?

Jim Mahan
05-31-2017, 08:52 AM
Oblivitably.

Paul Pless
05-31-2017, 09:05 AM
Oblivitably.covfefe?

Steve McMahon
05-31-2017, 09:08 AM
Like Washington DC? Obviously, yes.

bamamick
05-31-2017, 09:09 AM
The mayor of Mobile recently suggested we become a sanctuary city. Needless to say it was not met with a lot of enthusiasm, but it made perfect sense to me. I am surprised EVERY city doesn't declare itself as a sanctuary city. If the ICE wants to raid people's homes that's their business as long as they are not violating people's Constitutional rights (I am sorry and am generally very sympathetic what illegal immigrants go through to get here, and have said so on this forum many times, but there is a certain amount of accepted risk in them coming here), but our local law enforcement have enough to do without being used to do their (ICE's) job.

Mickey Lake

LeeG
05-31-2017, 09:27 AM
I think they move in and out, go to McDonalds and church regularly.

Dan McCosh
05-31-2017, 09:30 AM
Don't see why criminals would move to cities with a more dedicated police force focused on apprehending criminals.

Paul Pless
05-31-2017, 09:41 AM
lol

Old Dryfoot
05-31-2017, 09:45 AM
Dude needs a hobby.

Ian McColgin
05-31-2017, 09:47 AM
In sanctuary cities, the ICE-risk population (immigrants of color both legal and not) know that the local police are about protecting all from criminals and they are not afraid to call the cops as needed. At least not more afraid than in any other low income community. And in sanctuary cities, the police and city officials have good community relations and good contacts with community leaders. Thus sanctuary cities are more likely to have effective law enforcement in migrant communities and in the whole community. Consequently, if criminal immigrants are thinking rationally about how to exploit their own, they would pick an immigrant community that is not in a sanctuary city.

Jim Bow
05-31-2017, 09:53 AM
Nope, the criminals will look for a community that is afraid of it's police force, won't talk to it's police force, and won't help it's police force.
They'd be able to rob a man who will just take it because to report a crime will mean he'll be jailed by iCE and separated from his wife and babies.

BrianY
05-31-2017, 10:19 AM
Yes, I think that all criminals move to sanctuary cities after which they give up their lives of crime to become grocery store clerks, hair dressers and motorcycle salespeople. It's one of the many great things about America that goes under - reported by the biased, "fake news" media.

Paul Pless
05-31-2017, 10:30 AM
Dude needs a hobby.
ya think?

Rum_Pirate
05-31-2017, 10:34 AM
Deport the illegals immigrants (they can then apply to enter legally) and problem solved.

I do realize it is a statement using a large brush. |;)

'Sanctuary Cities' (harboring illegals/criminals/etc) sounds a bit like some people chasing to comply with which laws they wish and ignoring others.

BrianY
05-31-2017, 10:44 AM
Deport the illegals immigrants (they can then apply to enter legally) and problem solved.

I do realize it is a statement using a large brush. |;)

'Sanctuary Cities' (harboring illegals/criminals/etc) sounds a bit like some people chasing to comply with which laws they wish and ignoring others.

Actually, the problem will be solved when the folks who employ illegal immigrants are heavily fined and/or thrown in jail. Eliminate the jobs illegal immigrants fill and there's little incentive for them to come here. Of course, the Republicans would NEVER support such an approach because it will result in their friends and big campaign contributors going to jail.

Sanctuary cities exist to address two very real concerns: 1) how to implement law enforcement effectively and reduce crime in immigrant communities and 2) how to treat fellow human beings with dignity and respect. The "deport 'em all" approach does neither of these things

mdh
05-31-2017, 11:09 AM
It just needs to be enforced: https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/8/1324a

Stop hiring, stop renting, stop them from coming in, was Mitt's plan for self deportation. There would also need to be a better system for overstayed visas.

Paul Pless
05-31-2017, 11:36 AM
Actually, the problem will be solved when the folks who employ illegal immigrants are heavily fined and/or thrown in jail. Eliminate the jobs illegal immigrants fill and there's little incentive for them to come here. Of course, the Republicans would NEVER support such an approach because it will result in their friends and big campaign contributors going to jail. I agree 100%.

My brother was plant manager at the largest chicken processing plant in the United States. He hated managing illegal immigrants, he did not hate managing Hispanics. He quit the job, for a few reasons, but being in a position of management over an illegal work force made him deeply uncomfortable. He now designs chicken processing equipment and plants. Its a good fit for him.

John of Phoenix
05-31-2017, 12:55 PM
He now designs chicken processing equipment and plants.Stealing jobs from Americans and giving them to robots. [/sarcasm]

Reynard38
05-31-2017, 02:19 PM
No sure, but I hope they do.

Osborne Russell
05-31-2017, 04:28 PM
The mayor of Mobile recently suggested we become a sanctuary city. Needless to say it was not met with a lot of enthusiasm, but it made perfect sense to me. I am surprised EVERY city doesn't declare itself as a sanctuary city. If the ICE wants to raid people's homes that's their business as long as they are not violating people's Constitutional rights (I am sorry and am generally very sympathetic what illegal immigrants go through to get here, and have said so on this forum many times, but there is a certain amount of accepted risk in them coming here), but our local law enforcement have enough to do without being used to do their (ICE's) job.

Mickey Lake

Yeah, I thought Republicans were against unfunded mandates.

Ian McColgin
05-31-2017, 05:02 PM
Yeah, and they are all about states' rights and community rights except they demand unregulated ability to carry firearms concealed or openly anywhere, any time.

genglandoh
08-02-2017, 06:34 PM
It is very simple if Sanctuary Cites do not hold known criminals then more criminals will move to those cities.

Title: Illegal Mexican immigrant, 31, who was deported TWENTY times 'rapes woman, 65, at knife-point' just months after Portland released him from jail under 'sanctuary' policy
* Sergio Jose Martinez, 31, charged in assault on two women in Portland Monday
* Martinez has lengthy history of arrests, illegal entry and deportations to Mexico
* Admitted meth and heroin user told jail staff that he drinks up to 10 beers a day
* Portland jail officials released him in December in defiance of federal request
* State of Oregon has forbidden local law enforcement to cooperate with ICE
* Now Martinez is accused in sickening sex assault on a 65-year-old stranger
Six months ago, on December 7, jail officials in Portland had Martinez in custody when they received a request from the Immigration and Customs Enforcement agency, asking the jail to notify ICE before his release.
Yet the local officials released him the next day in defiance of the federal immigration detainer, an agency spokeswoman told the Oregonian.
Link: www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4742896/Illegal-immigrant-freed-sanctuary-law-charged-rape.html#ixzz4odvoCG8Q (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4742896/Illegal-immigrant-freed-sanctuary-law-charged-rape.html#ixzz4odvoCG8Q)

Chris Smith porter maine
08-02-2017, 06:45 PM
I thought they all moved to Ohio look at the murder rate there.

Jim Bow
08-02-2017, 06:50 PM
Apparently ICE screwed this one up. They attempted to violate state and federal law.
They ought to get their procedures up to date.
This had nothing to do with so called "Sanctuary City" labels.

http://www.kgw.com/news/crime/sex-assault-suspect-released-from-custody-one-week-before-attacks/460838973

Chip-skiff
08-02-2017, 06:53 PM
Lately, they've been moving to Washington DC to work in the White House and various cabinet departments.

Paul Pless
08-02-2017, 08:14 PM
It is very simple if Sanctuary Cites do not hold known criminals then more criminals will move to those cities.

Title: Illegal Mexican immigrant, 31, who was deported TWENTY times 'rapes woman, 65, at knife-point' just months after Portland released him from jail under 'sanctuary' policy
* Sergio Jose Martinez, 31, charged in assault on two women in Portland Monday
* Martinez has lengthy history of arrests, illegal entry and deportations to Mexico
* Admitted meth and heroin user told jail staff that he drinks up to 10 beers a day
* Portland jail officials released him in December in defiance of federal request
* State of Oregon has forbidden local law enforcement to cooperate with ICE
* Now Martinez is accused in sickening sex assault on a 65-year-old stranger
Six months ago, on December 7, jail officials in Portland had Martinez in custody when they received a request from the Immigration and Customs Enforcement agency, asking the jail to notify ICE before his release.
Yet the local officials released him the next day in defiance of the federal immigration detainer, an agency spokeswoman told the Oregonian.
Link: www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4742896/Illegal-immigrant-freed-sanctuary-law-charged-rape.html#ixzz4odvoCG8Q (http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4742896/Illegal-immigrant-freed-sanctuary-law-charged-rape.html#ixzz4odvoCG8Q)

Apparently ICE screwed this one up. They attempted to violate state and federal law.
They ought to get their procedures up to date.
This had nothing to do with so called "Sanctuary City" labels.

http://www.kgw.com/news/crime/sex-assault-suspect-released-from-custody-one-week-before-attacks/460838973

Do you think the truth matters to genglandoh? I do not think the truth matters one bit to genglandoh.

johnw
08-02-2017, 08:17 PM
Most criminals in this country are not immigrants, legal or illegal, so why would they care whether their turf is sanctuary or non-sanctuary?

And why is it ICE can't be bothered to get the paperwork right, as in the case Geng cited? They knew a warrant was required, but didn't care enough to get one.

Why keep deporting this guy? I doesn't work. He just comes back, instead of serving time.

Chris Smith porter maine
08-02-2017, 08:27 PM
Do you think the truth matters to genglandoh? I do not think the truth matters one bit to genglandoh.

Probably not I think he is more interested in goose relocation.

KMacDonald
08-02-2017, 08:51 PM
Yes. They know where to get preferential treatment and a handout. We give em a one way bus tickets to California or Washington state. On a good day we even give them $20 to get a bite to eat on their way there.

Garret
08-02-2017, 08:55 PM
Yes, but only because:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvAYGz6Iwmc

LeeG
08-02-2017, 10:34 PM
Attack of the zombie thread!

skuthorp
08-03-2017, 04:58 AM
The biggest of them regularly flys between Washington and the Mar Lago resort at government expense, which includes his security detail.