PDA

View Full Version : Russians say Kushner sought to use Russian communications to avoid surveylance

johnw
05-26-2017, 08:27 PM
Well, here's a howdy-do:

http://www.seattlepi.com/news/article/Russian-ambassador-told-Moscow-that-Kushner-11177088.php

Jared Kushner and Russia's ambassador to Washington discussed the possibility of setting up a secret and secure communications channel between Donald Trump's transition team and the Kremlin, using Russian diplomatic facilities in an apparent move to shield their pre-inauguration discussions from monitoring, according to U.S. officials briefed on intelligence reports.
Ambassador Sergey Kislyak reported to his superiors in Moscow that Kushner, son-in-law and confidant to then-President-elect Trump, made the proposal during a meeting on Dec. 1 or 2 at Trump Tower, according to intercepts of Russian communications that were reviewed by U.S. officials. Kislyak said Kushner suggested using Russian diplomatic facilities in the United States for the communications.

The meeting also was attended by Michael Flynn, Trump's first national security adviser.

I have to wonder, do the Russians think they have more to gain by putting the American government in chaos than by keeping Trump on their side, or is their kompromat so powerful they figure they can do this sort of thing without affecting Trump's actions?

TomF
05-26-2017, 08:31 PM
Washington post and Reuters reporting the same. Discussed just now on CNN.

oznabrag
05-26-2017, 08:36 PM
Fry the lot.

skuthorp
05-26-2017, 08:42 PM
Vlad playing both sides? Creating Chaos that he likely reckons is unresolveable under the present setup?
Who'd a thunk it eh?

johnw
05-26-2017, 08:46 PM
I suppose it's possible this is disinformation, but if so, why do it? Whether true or not, it shows that Putin can torture Trump and still have him perform as asked on matters like disparaging NATO and refusing to affirm that we'll protect the other members.

SMARTINSEN
05-26-2017, 08:47 PM
drip drip drip...

Kushner has a polished and suave demeanor, fooling people into thinking that he is smart, all other evidence pointing to the contrary.

johnw
05-26-2017, 08:52 PM
To the tune of "It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas..."

It's beginning to look a lot like treason,
everything I know
and the thing that will convict the ring
is the way Michael Flynn will sing
they will reap just what they sow!

skuthorp
05-26-2017, 08:55 PM
If it comes to that johnw it will be interesting to see how the GOP manage the aftermath. They are up to their necks in it by association and quisling cooperation.
Is there such a criminal offence as consorting in the US legal lexicon?

L.W. Baxter
05-26-2017, 09:02 PM
drip drip drip...

Kushner has a polished and suave demeanor, fooling people into thinking that he is smart, all other evidence pointing to the contrary.

He may be perfectly smart but, like his father-in-law, he has no experience relevant to his current position. He's a noob, in other words.

I can easily imagine the Russians engaged in conspiracy while Jared is just trying to be helpful, thinking, "this must be how things are done".

johnw
05-26-2017, 09:04 PM
If it comes to that johnw it will be interesting to see how the GOP manage the aftermath. They are up to their necks in it by association and quisling cooperation.
Is there such a criminal offence as consorting in the US legal lexicon?

Unless it's espionage, I don't think there is. I was reading this (http://washingtonmonthly.com/2017/05/26/what-kind-of-evidence-of-collusion-do-we-have/), and thinking that the author had the focus all wrong. The legal issue isn't collusion, it's receiving stolen property.

Learning that hacker “Guccifer 2.0” had tapped into a Democratic committee that helps House candidates, [Florida Republican political operative Aaron] Nevins wrote to the hacker to say: “Feel free to send any Florida based information.”

Ten days later, Mr. Nevins received 2.5 gigabytes of Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee documents, some of which he posted on a blog called HelloFLA.com that he ran using a pseudonym.
Soon after, the hacker sent a link to the blog article to Roger Stone, a longtime informal adviser to then-candidate Donald Trump, along with Mr. Nevins’ analysis of the hacked data.

Nevins knew the data was stolen, and he knew it was valuable:

More impressed after studying the voter-turnout models, Mr. Nevins told the hacker, “Basically if this was a war, this is the map to where all the troops are deployed.”

At another point, he told the hacker, “This is probably worth millions of dollars.”
“Hmmm,” Guccifer 2.0 responded. “ok u owe me a million :)”
Democrats, Mr. Nevins wrote, “spent millions probably to figure out who these people are that are conducive to their message and now it’s exposed for the other side.”

So, how is that not felony receiving of stolen property?

johnw
05-26-2017, 09:06 PM
He may be perfectly smart but, like his father-in-law, he has no experience relevant to his current position. He's a noob, in other words.

I can easily imagine the Russians engaged in conspiracy while Jared is just trying to be helpful, thinking, "this must be how things are done".

I think he is a man of average intelligence and extreme good fortune. Didn't he get into Harvard after his father donated a couple million dollars?

L.W. Baxter
05-26-2017, 09:08 PM
I think he is a man of average intelligence and extreme good fortune. Didn't he get into Harvard after his father donated a couple million dollars?

By "perfectly smart" I really only mean, he can tie his own shoelaces.

That makes him an intellectual in his current environment.

mariner2k
05-26-2017, 09:11 PM
This is amazing on yet another level. The question is why have the secure communication with the Kremlin? Not for America's interest I'm sure.

L.W. Baxter
05-26-2017, 09:22 PM
This is amazing on yet another level. The question is why have the secure communication with the Kremlin? Not for America's interest I'm sure.

Imagine tricky Russians complaining to Jared that the federal agencies monitoring their communiques are corrupted and not to be trusted, and Jared nodding along, of course, of course.

Then the tricky Russians suggesting that the President of the United States should be able to communicate with allies without being eavesdropped by untrustworthy intelligence services, and Jared nodding along, of course, of course.

Finally those tricky Russians mention that Russia is an ally and should have a direct, un-monitored line to the POTUS, and Jared nodding along, of course, why not use your own embassy as a conduit....

L.W. Baxter
05-26-2017, 09:25 PM
What I mean to suggest is that Jared, being a noob and having nobody to explain the nuances, failed to comprehend that the intelligence services don't necessarily need to know what is said, but they absolutely must, for the interests of the nation, know that a conversation has occurred.

Committing treason is easy when you don't have a clue.

Chris Coose
05-26-2017, 09:44 PM
As long as they didn't use a private server, they probably figured a couple of tin cans on a string would do just fine or anything else in between.

CWSmith
05-26-2017, 09:50 PM
I have to wonder, do the Russians think they have more to gain by putting the American government in chaos than by keeping Trump on their side, ....

Increasingly, this appears to be spot on!

Chip-skiff
05-26-2017, 09:57 PM
Putin is pretty damn shrewd. Ask yourself why he'd want an incompetent blowhard like Trump as an ally?

The Russian objective is to weaken US influence by whatever means. Looks to me like they're making a good job of it.

Tom Montgomery
05-26-2017, 10:10 PM
Jared Kushner, President Trump’s son-in-law and senior adviser, spoke in December with Russia’s ambassador to the United States about establishing a secret communications channel between the Trump transition team and Moscow to discuss strategy in Syria and other policy issues, according to three people with knowledge of the discussion.

The conversation between Mr. Kushner and the ambassador, Sergey I. Kislyak, took place during a meeting at Trump Tower that Mr. Trump’s presidential transition team did not acknowledge at the time. Also present at the meeting was Michael T. Flynn, the retired general who would become Mr. Trump’s short-lived national security adviser, the three people said.

It is unclear who first proposed the communications channel, but the people familiar with the meeting said the idea was to have Mr. Flynn speak directly with a senior military official in Moscow to discuss Syria and other security issues. The communications channel was never set up, the people said.

The three people were not authorized to discuss the December meeting and spoke on the condition of anonymity.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/26/us/politics/kushner-talked-to-russian-envoy-about-creating-secret-channel-with-kremlin.html?_r=0

THIS IS OUTRAGEOUS!

Clearly these three people need to be run to ground, prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law, and promptly executed to serve as an warning to others.

Tom Montgomery
05-26-2017, 10:48 PM
The Executive Branch of the U.S. Federal Government has been leaking to the press like a sieve for several months.

Clearly many people with knowledge of the Trump Regime inner circle are appalled (if not frightened out of their wits) by the incompetence (and likely criminality) of the POTUS and his closest cronies.

mariner2k
05-26-2017, 10:52 PM
Jared won't do well in prison.

oznabrag
05-26-2017, 10:57 PM
Gee.

Wow.

A question for the Republican 'leadership': If this isn't a smoking gun, what do you bursteds need?

It is said that the Republican Poobahs are milking this Moron as room to get their agenda passed into law. Then they ditch the Moron on a host of charges, install their pea-brained stooge as POTUS, and proclaim themselves heroes for having run the Russkis out of Washington.

That window of opportunity may have closed.

I think it's looking more and more like the reluctance on the part of the aforementioned bursteds is about extricating Ol' Pea Brain from that OTHER stoogification that he's up to his neck in.

They didn't count on Ol' Pea Brain bein' willin' to be the stooge for whoever was willin' to give him a part to play.

I think it's a foregone conclusion that Trump is going down, now, by hook or by crook.

The question becomes, whether Pence will emerge from the melee with enough political clout, or legal freedom, to serve as President.

Agnew resigned months before Nixon . . .

I think that by the time Trump gets back to DC, the 'political landscape' may have changed a bit.

More will be revealed!

L.W. Baxter
05-26-2017, 11:02 PM
It becomes obvious that the Trump team was not an equal party in "collusion" with the Russians.

They got used.

Freaking noobs.

oznabrag
05-26-2017, 11:07 PM
Jared Kushner, President Trump’s son-in-law and senior adviser, spoke in December with Russia’s ambassador to the United States about establishing a secret communications channel between the Trump transition team and Moscow to discuss strategy in Syria and other policy issues, according to three people with knowledge of the discussion.

The conversation between Mr. Kushner and the ambassador, Sergey I. Kislyak, took place during a meeting at Trump Tower that Mr. Trump’s presidential transition team did not acknowledge at the time. Also present at the meeting was Michael T. Flynn, the retired general who would become Mr. Trump’s short-lived national security adviser, the three people said.

It is unclear who first proposed the communications channel, but the people familiar with the meeting said the idea was to have Mr. Flynn speak directly with a senior military official in Moscow to discuss Syria and other security issues. The communications channel was never set up, the people said.
The three people were not authorized to discuss the December meeting and spoke on the condition of anonymity.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/26/u...mlin.html?_r=0 (https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/26/us/politics/kushner-talked-to-russian-envoy-about-creating-secret-channel-with-kremlin.html?_r=0)THIS IS OUTRAGEOUS!

Clearly these three people need to be run to ground, prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law, and promptly executed to serve as an warning to others.

The most delicious part of this dish, besides being Revenge and served cold, is that Jared was there, at the meeting, and he knows who those three are.

Also, Jared is out of town, and keeping close company with The Donald.

Oh, to be a fly on THAT wall! Maybe somebody'll leak that footage . . . DELICIOUS!

Tom Montgomery
05-26-2017, 11:10 PM
I cannot enjoy this circus so long as the incompetent in the Oval Office can order the launch of our nuclear arsenal.

oznabrag
05-26-2017, 11:16 PM
I cannot enjoy this circus so long as the incompetent in the Oval Office can order the launch of our nuclear arsenal.

I would be VERY surprised if The POS-In-Chief could actually order such a launch, anymore.

Tom Montgomery
05-26-2017, 11:21 PM
I fervently hope you are correct.

I wish I could be as sanguine as you appear to be. I have been on edge since November.

Hallam
05-26-2017, 11:40 PM
I would be VERY surprised if The POS-In-Chief could actually order such a launch, anymore.

I suspect and certainly hope that if he went any where near the vending machine with intent and without due process, guns would be drawn and shots fired.

johnw
05-27-2017, 12:52 AM
the military has the actual 'controls'. All the CiC does is give an order.. which may or may not be followed. If not, we then (possibly) go down the road of a military coup.. a right wing, fundamentalist christian military coup. I'm uncertain which I fear more.

Don't multiple high-level military people have to mutiny to prevent a launch?

skuthorp
05-27-2017, 01:20 AM
"It is said that the Republican Poobahs are milking this Moron as room to get their agenda passed into law. Then they ditch the Moron on a host of charges, install their pea-brained stooge as POTUS,……………………."
Now I know this is a no-no, but didn't the pre WW2 German industrialists think they could do much the same thing with their man?

And BTW, if anyone is relying on some degree of military coup to get yourselves out of the mire then they are really in trouble. noted The rise of there religious right in the officer class in the US military over some years now has been written about, and 'out of the frying pan…." comes to mind.

Hallam
05-27-2017, 01:40 AM
The hallmarks of fascism have been evident from the beginning
of Trumps campaign. Many conditions for a solid move in this direction
exist within both the current political climate and
pre existing weaknesses in the checks and balances that exist.

I think ink the most likely scenario for this to actually take place is with a group within the corridors of power not directly associated with the Trump, colluding with him and his network to bring it about. It would be a tenuous uneasy alliance held together by what the non Trump group was able to hold over the Trumpsters to maintain an element of control with Trump being the pompous belligerent figurehead. It's also quite possible that my meandering a are total BS!

BETTY-B
05-27-2017, 03:50 AM
Once again, an old Russian gal patient of ours has called it. She has been saying the boy Kushner is the key. For what it's worth, she sees coup. 82 years old, 40 here in the states. She reads this ****e like a book.

mdh
05-27-2017, 05:50 AM
What's a survey lance?

C. Ross
05-27-2017, 07:49 AM
It becomes obvious that the Trump team was not an equal party in "collusion" with the Russians.

They got used.

Freaking noobs.

This seems quite likely.

Trump is used to being the unquestioned autocrat of a moderately large U.S. business, of utter insignificance on a global scale.* If you enter the Oval Office thinking you're king, and/or believing that the business of government is identical to the business of a brand licensing and real estate development company, then everything the Trump team has done makes sense. (In a preciously naive and ultimately self-destructive way.)

I've got nothing against freaking noobs. I have nothing but contempt for freaking noobs who think they know everything.

* Trump runs the 48th largest (http://fortune.com/2016/12/16/trump-organization-48th-largest-private-company-us/) private company in the U.S. If it was a public company, on the Fortune 500, it would be 299th (http://beta.fortune.com/fortune500/list/), right between household names Ally Financial and CST Brands. Global 500? Fuhgeddaboutit. #500 is Wuhan Iron & Steel with $24 billion in revenue.

CWSmith
05-27-2017, 08:19 AM
Trump is used to being the unquestioned autocrat of a moderately large U.S. business, of utter insignificance on a global scale.* If you enter the Oval Office thinking you're king, and/or believing that the business of government is identical to the business of a brand licensing and real estate development company, then everything the Trump team has done makes sense. (In a preciously naive and ultimately self-destructive way.)

So, he got used. He got played. So much for treason. Bring on the fool.

Garret
05-27-2017, 08:26 AM
This seems quite likely.

I've got nothing against freaking noobs. I have nothing but contempt for freaking noobs who think they know everything.

* Trump runs the 48th largest (http://fortune.com/2016/12/16/trump-organization-48th-largest-private-company-us/) private company in the U.S. If it was a public company, on the Fortune 500, it would be 299th (http://beta.fortune.com/fortune500/list/), right between household names Ally Financial and CST Brands. Global 500? Fuhgeddaboutit. #500 is Wuhan Iron & Steel with $24 billion in revenue.

This. However, I'd add a complete disregard for ethics to the description.

John of Phoenix
05-27-2017, 08:37 AM
I've written before about the multiple failures of the "businessman as politician" meme. THIS will rewrite the book.

:D LMAO :D

LeeG
05-27-2017, 08:43 AM
Wow, ok what next, do advisors say Kushner has to go, will Republican leadership suggest that, will nothing happen until the investigation starts digging out Trumps finances. I don't get Kushners motivation.

willmarsh3
05-27-2017, 09:29 AM
More interesting stuff about Kushner and how he appears to have run his real estate empire.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/23/magazine/jared-kushners-other-real-estate-empire.html?_r=0

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/26/opinion/jared-kushner-poor-tenants-legal-nemesis.html

These kind'a speak to his character and morality.

L.W. Baxter
05-27-2017, 09:37 AM
Wow, ok what next, do advisors say Kushner has to go, will Republican leadership suggest that, will nothing happen until the investigation starts digging out Trumps finances. I don't get Kushners motivation.

I'd say it's more weakness than motivation.

The Russians--and everybody else--knows that the Trump entourage is ideologically (blindly) suspicious of institutions of the federal government.

That's a wedge a clever Russian can use to fashion a tool.

As Vito said to Sonny, "never tell anybody outside the family what you're thinking".

In the case of the Trump team, everybody knows what they're thinking.

John of Phoenix
05-27-2017, 09:42 AM
In the case of the Trump team, everybody knows what they're thinking. Who needs spies and bugs when you have Twitter?

L.W. Baxter
05-27-2017, 09:43 AM
Who needs spies and bugs when you have Twitter?

Exactly. And you don't need kompromat to manipulate a bunch of ideological noobs.

Arizona Bay
05-27-2017, 10:09 AM
TRMP has canceled his Iowa campaign rally, something serious must be happening. Watch out for a military crisis!

And, Kushner says he has no recollection of the calls to the Russians. - These guys all seem to have memory problems.

Top presidential adviser Jared Kushner’s legal team pushed back Friday night against a report that the White House senior adviser and Trump son-in-law had at least three undisclosed contacts with a Russian ambassador during and after the 2016 presidential campaign, saying he had “no recollection” of the alleged exchanges."Mr. Kushner participated in thousands of calls in this time period. He has no recollection of the calls as described,” Kushner’s lawyer Jamie Gorelick told POLITICO in a statement, responding to a Reuters report about Kushner's contacts with Russian ambassador to the U.S. Sergey Kislyak.

elf
05-27-2017, 02:00 PM

They got used.

Freaking noobs.
You're surprised? Have they ever revealed any real intelligence?

Of course they got used.

oznabrag
05-27-2017, 02:27 PM
TRMP has canceled his Iowa campaign rally, something serious must be happening. Watch out for a military crisis!

And, Kushner says he has no recollection of the calls to the Russians. - These guys all seem to have memory problems.

[/FONT][/COLOR]

IMO,the military thing is unlikely.

I mean, full scale coup?

I'm not buyin'.

I think that the most likely scenario is that the old-school Republicans on the Hill will look around and realize they had better find some Democrat friends toot sweet.

Get that genie back in the bottle REAL fast.

Here's a question for you:

McMaster is active duty.

He has the duty to relieve his superior officer of command under certain circumstances.

If McMaster is properly authorized, he can arrest Trump.

If this arrest were planned by the FBI, who have just OOODLES of experience in taking down petty tyrants, personal bodyguards etc. and all the proper rules and procedures as Constitutionally provided are obeyed and abided by, then this does not qualify in any way as a 'coup', IMO.

In other words, I think the only way to out-and-out arrest the bursted, is for a top brass individual to arrest him for gross incompetency in the line of duty or some such.

There is a procedure for relieving a superior officer of command when they are observably incompetent, right?

Right?

johnw
05-27-2017, 02:37 PM

I mean, full scale coup?

I'm not buyin'.

I think that the most likely scenario is that the old-school Republicans on the Hill will look around and realize they had better find some Democrat friends toot sweet.

McMaster is active duty.

He has the duty to relieve his superior officer of command under certain circumstances.

If this arrest were planned by the FBI, who have just OOODLES of experience in taking down petty tyrants, personal bodyguards etc. and all the proper rules and procedures as Constitutionally provided are obeyed and abided by, then this does not qualify in any way as a 'coup', IMO.

In other words, I think the only way to out-and-out arrest the bursted, is for a top brass individual to arrest him for gross incompetency in the line of duty or some such.

There is a procedure for relieving a superior officer of command when they are observably incompetent, right?

Right?

Yes, there is a procedure. McMaster doesn't necessarily play a role in it.

Amendment XXV Presidential Disability and Succession Passed by Congress July 6, 1965. Ratified February 10, 1967. The 25th Amendment changed a portion of Article II, Section 1
Section 1
In case of the removal of the President from office or of his death or resignation, the Vice President shall become President.
Section 2
Whenever there is a vacancy in the office of the Vice President, the President shall nominate a Vice President who shall take office upon confirmation by a majority vote of both Houses of Congress.
Section 3
Whenever the President transmits to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives his written declaration that he is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, and until he transmits to them a written declaration to the contrary, such powers and duties shall be discharged by the Vice President as Acting President.
Section 4
Whenever the Vice President and a majority of either the principal officers of the executive departments or of such other body as Congress may by law provide, transmit to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives their written declaration that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, the Vice President shall immediately assume the powers and duties of the office as Acting President.

Thereafter, when the President transmits to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives his written declaration that no inability exists, he shall resume the powers and duties of his office unless the Vice President and a majority of either the principal officers of the executive department or of such other body as Congress may by law provide, transmit within four days to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives their written declaration that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office. Thereupon Congress shall decide the issue, assembling within forty-eight hours for that purpose if not in session. If the Congress, within twenty-one days after receipt of the latter written declaration, or, if Congress is not in session, within twenty-one days after Congress is required to assemble, determines by two-thirds vote of both Houses that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, the Vice President shall continue to discharge the same as Acting President; otherwise, the President shall resume the powers and duties of his office.

LeeG
05-27-2017, 03:31 PM
Do I have this right that Jared wanted a back channel for Trump that bypassed the State Dept and various intel agencies?

oznabrag
05-27-2017, 04:03 PM
Yes, there is a procedure. McMaster doesn't necessarily play a role in it.

Yes, yes, yes. The 25th Amendment.

That's not what I'm talking about.

The way I understand this tangled web, most of the people necessary to do a 25 are just as guilty as Trump is.

What I am suggesting is not the removal of the POTUS, but of the CiC.

Yes, they are the same person, but they are two, separate systems of justice, as I understand it.

In other words, I am pretty sure that the Uniform Code of Military Justice has a provision for removing your commanding officer if he can be demonstrated to be looney-tunes/not fit for service/a danger to the command/whatever.

:cool:

I said before The Sleazy One left on his World Domination Tour Of The Religions, that Washington was going to have a warm welcome for him on his return.

Do I have this right that Jared wanted a back channel for Trump that bypassed the State Dept and various intel agencies?

Yes, that's the gist of it.

skuthorp
05-27-2017, 04:07 PM
Can't have the State knowing about Trump corp. business you know.

Osborne Russell
05-27-2017, 04:14 PM
In other words, I am pretty sure that the Uniform Code of Military Justice has a provision for removing your commanding officer if he can be demonstrated to be looney-tunes/not fit for service/a danger to the command/whatever.

Yeah, but the Constitution is the supreme law. It creates the office, including the CIC aspect. It provides for the mechanisms of removal. The UCMJ is just a statute. The President is a special kind of officer, you might say.

And it seems to me like the "unable to perform" case is a lot harder to make than the "high crimes and misdemeanors", not to mention treason. Whereas it's plain to the world already that he has monumental conflicts of interest, which, so far from trying to free himself of, in the national interest and in accordance with his oath of office, he seeks instead to recklessly exploit.

Osborne Russell
05-27-2017, 04:20 PM

Especially not when he's under audit by the Internal Revenue Service. That's why he can't release his tax returns. -- not

Arizona Bay
05-27-2017, 04:24 PM

I mean, full scale coup?

I'm not buyin'.

McMaster is active duty.

Right?

I was thinking military distraction, maybe a major one.

In my opinion a coup has already occurred, i don't think a counter-coup is the way to go. Besides McMaster said he's "not concerned" (http://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-trump-russia-kushner-idUSKBN18N0NA?il=0), which might mean he's complicit because his statement sounds like he's trying to normalize the whole thing.

The 25th might work, but it's going to take a while, not enough people feeling pressure yet.
Need more options!

skuthorp
05-27-2017, 04:28 PM
"In my opinion a coup has already occurred,"

Yup, first the GOP, then the USA.

CWSmith
05-27-2017, 04:36 PM
If given a choice, would Trump yield anything to save his son in law?

johnw
05-27-2017, 04:36 PM
"In my opinion a coup has already occurred,"

Yup, first the GOP, then the USA.

The GOP wasn't a coup, it was a friendly merger.

skuthorp
05-27-2017, 04:46 PM
More like a hostile take over John. The Republican corporation was sick as and ripe for a hostile bid.

LeeG
05-27-2017, 05:47 PM

Ok, Jared is completely out of his element. This is insane.

johnw
05-27-2017, 06:48 PM
More like a hostile take over John. The Republican corporation was sick as and ripe for a hostile bid.

Oh, they would have preferred someone more reliable, but once Trump got the nomination it was smiles all around. McCain probably still smarts about what Trump said about him, but the real movers and shakers like Ryan and McConnell are happy to work with Trump.

johnw
05-27-2017, 06:50 PM
Ok, Jared is completely out of his element. This is insane.

I think there's a quid pro quo. What it is, I'm not certain, but there are clues.

https://www.vox.com/2017/5/26/15703668/kushner-secret-russia-communication

I don't doubt Kushner and Trump would sell out their country for a mess of pottage.

LeeG
05-27-2017, 07:44 PM
https://mobile.twitter.com/TAPSTRIMEDIA/status/868404312975826944/video/1

This level of self serving dealing is a threat to the country. Don't know what DT will do without daughter and son-in-law but if they're vital Trump has to go. He has to go, the damage will only compound.

Arizona Bay
05-27-2017, 09:25 PM

[/FONT][/COLOR]

Here's a shiny thing:

Sources: 3rd US Naval Strike Force Deployed to Deter North Korea

Last Updated: May 27, 2017 11:40 AM

VOA News

The United States is sending a third aircraft carrier strike force to the western Pacific region in an apparent warning to North Korea to deter its ballistic missile and nuclear programs, two sources have told VOA.
The USS Nimitz, one of the world’s largest warships, will join two other supercarriers, the USS Carl Vinson and the USS Ronald Reagan, in the western Pacific, the sources told VOA's Steve Herman.

Follow (https://twitter.com/W7VOA)
https://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/860306044605665281/VA7_4NWU_normal.jpgSteve Herman
✔@W7VOA (https://twitter.com/W7VOA)

Significant: @USNavy (https://twitter.com/USNavy) deploying #CVN68 (https://twitter.com/hashtag/CVN68?src=hash) (USS Nimitz) to Western Pacific, meaning there'll soon be three carrier-led strike forces in region.
3:43 AM - 27 May 2017 (https://twitter.com/W7VOA/status/868417440052588544) · Italy (https://twitter.com/search?q=place%3Ac799e2d3a79f810e)

(https://twitter.com/intent/tweet?in_reply_to=868417440052588544)

The U.S. military has rarely simultaneously deployed three aircraft carriers to the same region.
But North Korea’s growing nuclear and missile threat is seen as a major security challenge for President Donald Trump, who has vowed to prevent the country from being able to strike the U.S. with a nuclear missile, a capability experts say Pyongyang could have some time after 2020.
Sitting alongside Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe, Trump said Friday just before the start of Group of Seven (G-7) meetings in Sicily that G-7 leaders would have a “particular focus on the North Korea problem.”
A White House statement issued Friday said the two leaders have agreed to “enhance sanctions on North Korea” in an attempt to prevent the further development of North Korea’s ballistic missile and nuclear programs.
US tests missile defense system
The U.S. military, meanwhile, will test a system to shoot down an intercontinental ballistic missile (ICBM) for the first time next week.It is intended to simulate a North Korean ICBM aimed at the U.S.
The Missile Defense Agency said it will test an existing missile defense system on Tuesday to try to intercept an ICBM. The Pentagon has used the Ground-Based Midcourse Defense (GMD) system to intercept other types of missiles, but never an ICBM.
The GMD has been inconsistent, succeeding in nine of 17 attempts against missiles without intercontinental range capability since 1999.
The most recent test, in June 2014, was successful -- but three straight subsequent tests were failures.

Gerarddm
05-28-2017, 08:43 AM
This is a smoking gun that is going to turn into a smoking 40mm Bofors and then into a smoking Krupp Big Bertha.

Excuse the strangled metaphor, you get the picture. There is literally no good reason for such an arrangement, Kushner is gonna get grilled by the Mueller investigation and if he pleads the Fifth, game up.

Osborne Russell
05-28-2017, 12:16 PM
Jared Kushner and Russia's ambassador to Washington discussed the possibility of setting up a secret and secure communications channel between Donald Trump's transition team and the Kremlin . . .

A particularly bone-headed rationale is currently being offered, to wit, direct links are good, more direct links is better.

A hot line is optimal when bilateral, i.e. exclusive of others. Speed and clarity are vital. Two parties talk. Bad enough with delays for language translation. If another party is added, things slow down, especially if another language is added.

That the two parties are the principals in some sense, such as nuclear powers at a critical impasse, is good, in fact it's the point, but at the same time, it means other parties' interests are not represented, such as people in other countries about to be blown to oblivion, or subjected to some deal made by the principals, without their knowledge, let alone their consent.

In the US domestic context, the third party is Congress. With a bilateral hot line, there is no legislative oversight of the executive, which is unconstitutional. Unless of course, at the very least, the talk is recorded and the recordings are available to Congress. Let Jared talk, and let every word be recorded. But see, that's what he means by "secret". He means, unconstitutional.

http://www.clingendael.nl/sites/default/files/20030500_cli_paper_dip_issue85.pdf

oznabrag
05-28-2017, 01:12 PM
A particularly bone-headed rationale is currently being offered, to wit, direct links are good, more direct links is better.

A hot line is optimal when bilateral, i.e. exclusive of others. Speed and clarity are vital. Two parties talk. Bad enough with delays for language translation. If another party is added, things slow down, especially if another language is added.

That the two parties are the principals in some sense, such as nuclear powers at a critical impasse, is good, in fact it's the point, but at the same time, it means other parties' interests are not represented, such as people in other countries about to be blown to oblivion, or subjected to some deal made by the principals, without their knowledge, let alone their consent.

In the US domestic context, the third party is Congress. With a bilateral hot line, there is no legislative oversight of the executive, which is unconstitutional. Unless of course, at the very least, the talk is recorded and the recordings are available to Congress. Let Jared talk, and let every word be recorded. But see, that's what he means by "secret". He means, unconstitutional.

http://www.clingendael.nl/sites/default/files/20030500_cli_paper_dip_issue85.pdf

Bingo!