PDA

View Full Version : This man has his head on straight :)

Norman Bernstein
05-26-2017, 11:08 AM
More power to him :)

“I don’t want to be president. I drink red wine. I smoke cigarettes. I golf. I cut my own grass. I iron my own clothes. And I’m not willing to give all that up to be president.”
— Former Speaker John Boehner (R-OH), quoted by RigZone (http://www.rigzone.com/news/oil_gas/a/150324/Former_House_Speaker_Boehner_Trump_Still_Learning_ How_to_be_President).

amish rob
05-26-2017, 11:10 AM
Brings a tear to me eye. ;)

Peace,
Robert

Canoez
05-26-2017, 11:15 AM
Yup. Pity more of this common sense didn't appear when he was in office :

WASHINGTON (AP) — Former House Speaker John Boehner says that aside from international affairs and foreign policy, President Donald Trump’s time in office has so far been a “complete disaster.”

..but let's just say that international affairs and foreign policy may not be so good either.

Osborne Russell
05-26-2017, 11:21 AM
Some Roman emperor, one of the few to leave the throne alive, moved across the Adriatic to his villa in what is now Croatia. Politicians back in Rome were in a fix and begged him to come back, on just about any terms. He wrote a reply:

"Gentlemen, if you could see my cabbages, you would not wonder that I have no desire to return to Rome."

Canoeyawl
05-26-2017, 12:30 PM
But, where do they get that orange skin?
It seems part and parcel of a good conservative these days, like the flag lapel pin.

Arizona Bay
05-26-2017, 04:20 PM
But, where do they get that orange skin?
It seems part and parcel of a good conservative these days, like the flag lapel pin.

Their skin isn't compatible to Sol's radiation spectrum, hence the need to change the Earth's atmosphere by adding hydrocarbons. In the mean time a skin spray helps.

George Jung
05-26-2017, 04:47 PM
Most plausible explanation - for everything - that I've seen yet.

Garret
05-26-2017, 05:00 PM
The irony of Norm saying Boehner has his head on straight is quite wonderful!

I must say I'm glad to hear he feels this way - even if Ryan does make him look almost normal.

George Jung
05-26-2017, 05:10 PM
Good to see Normans sarcasm hasn't been wasted on anyone.