PDA

View Full Version : The First Lady of the United States - Melania Trump

Rum_Pirate
05-24-2017, 01:14 PM
Melania Trump is the First Lady of the United States, married to President Donald Trump.

From all (without exception it seems) news reports, snippets etc it is continually harped upon how she despises or dislikes etc Mr Trump.

Can somebody please enlighten me as to why if she 'hates' him so much why she has not filed for divorce, or even an (unpublicized) separation?

Glen Longino
05-24-2017, 01:19 PM
Look at him. Listen to him talk!
Why would she Not despise him?

Rum_Pirate
05-24-2017, 01:24 PM
Look at him. Listen to him talk!
Why would she Not despise him?

OK, Lets take that as it may.

So why, as I asked, doesn't she file for divorce, or even for an (say unpublicized) separation?

TomF
05-24-2017, 01:28 PM
Because he's a sitting President, and she is actually showing the respect due the Office of the Presidency that she's not going to actively sabotage him? I get a sense that she's actually somewhat more respectful of the traditions and protocols of state than her husband.

Perhaps also because she's aware of more than you or I of how two predecessor wives have lived? And because she's concerned for her son - and her continued access to him?

Rum_Pirate
05-24-2017, 01:30 PM
Because he's a sitting President, and she is actually showing the respect due the Office of the Presidency that she's not going to actively sabotage him? I get a sense that she's actually somewhat more respectful of the traditions and protocols of state than her husband.

Perhaps also because she's aware of more than you or I of how two predecessor wives have lived? And because she's concerned for her son - and her continued access to him?

If so then shouldn't she not to sabotage him by acting the way she does in public, e.g. presenting a 'more united front' in public?

After his period in office then she could divorce him.

S.V. Airlie
05-24-2017, 01:30 PM
Melania Trump is the First Lady of the United States, married to President Donald Trump.

From all (without exception it seems) news reports, snippets etc it is continually harped upon how she despises or dislikes etc Mr Trump.

Can somebody please enlighten me as to why if she 'hates' him so much why she has not filed for divorce, or even an (unpublicized) separation?Money and having a son may hinder her. Heck, she spends 98% of the time away from him, she almost is divorced.

Remember his last golfing weekend in NJ when he spent time in NYC? Supposedly, he was at least, supposed to stop by but, found excuses not to.

Norman Bernstein
05-24-2017, 01:31 PM
Speculation speculation about the state of the Trump marriage is just plain wrong. Melanie has done nothing to deserve it... And neither has the Donald.

S.V. Airlie
05-24-2017, 01:32 PM
If so then shouldn't she not to sabotage him by acting the way she does in public, e.g. presenting a 'more united front' in public?

After his period in office then she could divorce him. I think she's doing more than one would in her position.

TomF
05-24-2017, 01:51 PM

After his period in office then she could divorce him.I think she's trying, and mostly succeeding. She's been a spokesmodel at the convention, at a few further rallies, and her contributions on this Foreign trip have been significant if the Saudi press is anything to go on. Decorative, mostly attractive and demure. But she didn't make her way in the world through displays of intellectual subtlety or a comprehensive and critical appraisal of nuance. Hell, I think she expected what Ivana and Marla got - a few years of trophy-ing, followed by a deeply endowed retirement.

For a simple girl from a small town in Serbia whose career (and marriage) depended on accidents of bone structure and inseam length ... she's coping very well. Doing her best to keep her own emotions away from cameras. This next period, when she's actually living in Washington, is gonna be very tough for her, I think. She will be much more visible, and her every sad face, hand flip, or other bit of bruised emotion will be far too public. I'm really sorry for her.

paulf
05-24-2017, 01:56 PM
Speculation speculation about the state of the Trump marriage is just plain wrong. Melanie has done nothing to deserve it... And neither has the Donald.

Good call Norm.

Chris Coose
05-24-2017, 02:14 PM
I'll add to Norm's. Me judging their relationship is as valid as me judging RP's.
I would go so far as to say neither of them causes me an attraction on a personal level and when either of them causes interference in my values and because they both have power positions over my welfare, they become subject to any and all judgement.

isla
05-24-2017, 05:38 PM
Ouch!

https://media.giphy.com/media/se9DzCuIcELYY/giphy.gif

skuthorp
05-24-2017, 05:43 PM
Did she say something under her breath?
Something short and one syllable?

TomF
05-24-2017, 05:45 PM
For the first time today, I read it suggested that Melania's face fell as she realized that Donald was looking past her to Ivanka, rather than at his wife.

Gerarddm
05-24-2017, 09:42 PM
^ Maybe so. But I wonder if our current president has seen that vid clip.

You know, he is who he is. As far as I can tell, he has always been that way. She went into this marriage eyes wide open, like Jackie marrying Aristotle Onassis - for monetary security. Any other reason would be damning to her, because he isn't smart, isn't good looking, and is a boorish churl.

skuthorp
05-24-2017, 09:46 PM
So, do we have a gossip column now?
This could go in it as well…..http://forum.woodenboat.com/showthread.php?223890-quot-The-proof-is-circulating-on-the-Internet!-quot

(and yes, I know, I posted here too)

goodbasil
05-24-2017, 10:00 PM
This thread reads like a super market rag.