X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Arizona Bay
    Molecules of Freedom
    • Feb 2011

The Real, Real Reason TRMP Fired Comey

1. Because Comey was unfair to Hillary Clinton.
    2. Because Rosenstein recommended it.
    3. Comey was undermining the Integity of the FBI
    4. Comey was insubordinate.
    5. Comey was a showboat.

Really real this time...
    6. It needs to go faster with Integrity!

In other words, we'll appoint people that will give us the conclusion we want.
    Greg H. - from before the great crash, 20th century member 108

"(T)he Republican Party no longer recognizes the legitimacy of any opposition."
  • LeeG
    • May 2002

Re: The Real, Real Reason TRMP Fired Comey

"integrity"?

Have you heard that word before? I made it up. I found that word and started using it and now everyone is.

Maybe if Trump is removed from office, with integrity, things will get done faster.

Comment

• S.V. Airlie
      Ancient Mariner
      • Dec 2006

Yup, more like the WH wants to shorten any investigation so that no answers would be found and Trump and his crowd get a good bill of health.

Comment

• oznabrag
        Historical Illiterate
        • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Arizona Bay
        1. Because Comey was unfair to Hillary Clinton.
        2. Because Rosenstein recommended it.
        3. Comey was undermining the Integity of the FBI
        4. Comey was insubordinate.
        5. Comey was a showboat.

Really real this time...
        6. It needs to go faster with Integrity!

In other words, we'll appoint people that will give us the conclusion we want.
        The new signature is excellent.
        Rattling the teacups.

Comment

• sharpiefan
          Pro-metric Space Cadet
          • Aug 2013

Edward G. Robinson as gangster 'Johnny Rocco' tells 'em how he gets it done and how it's gonna be.

Hope the voyage is a long one.
          May there be many a summer morning when,
          with what pleasure, what joy,
          you come into harbors seen for the first time...

Ithaka, by Cavafy
          (Keeley - Sherrard translation)

Comment

• Arizona Bay
            Molecules of Freedom
            • Feb 2011

Originally posted by sharpiefan
            To a t.

He wants more!

Comment

• Arizona Bay
              Molecules of Freedom
              • Feb 2011

Reason #7

He wouldn't pledge his loyalty to TRMP

WASHINGTON — Only seven days after Donald J. Trump was sworn in as president, James B. Comey has told associates, the F.B.I. director was summoned to the White House for a one-on-one dinner with the new commander in chief.The conversation that night in January, Mr. Comey now believes, was a harbinger of his downfall this week as head of the F.B.I., according to two people who have heard his account of the dinner.
              As they ate, the president and Mr. Comey made small talk about the election and the crowd sizes at Mr. Trump’s rallies. The president then turned the conversation to whether Mr. Comey would pledge his loyalty to him.
              Mr. Comey declined to make that pledge. Instead, Mr. Comey has recounted to others, he told Mr. Trump that he would always be honest with him, but that he was not “reliable” in the conventional political sense.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/11/u...y-firing.html?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=first-column-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news

Comment

• LeeG
                • May 2002

Originally posted by sharpiefan
                Damn, don't mess with Rocco

Comment

• skuthorp
                  • Jan 2002

"The Real, Real Reason TRMP Fired Comey

Destabilisation, especially between authorities like Justice, Law, Intelligence etc. His business process is internal competition, may not work so well as president. Non cooperation could open the US to more terrorism. And of course that would just reinforce Trump's position with his followers.

I imagine that anyone in those essential authorities must feel like they are living on that swamp he was going to drain.

Comment

• Hallam
                    • Feb 2012

Ive been thinking to what extent will Trump keep on employing the divide and conquer tactic. What boundaries does he have? Will he deliberately destabilize institutions, polarize the population then use some of the post 9/11 measures to create marshal law?
                    Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. Leonardo da Vinci.

If war is the answer........... it must be a profoundly stupid question.

"Freighters on the nod on the surface of the bay, One of these days we're going to sail away"
                    Bruce Cockburn

Comment

• Andrew Craig-Bennett
                      Who?
                      • Aug 1999

I get the impression from the MSM that the customary fight between the new President's people and the eternal Washington people is starting to look a bit like the Western Front in 1914, with both sides digging in for a long war of attrition, and scouting around for alliances.

I think the President is in danger of starting an unrestricted U-boat campaign, and that will attract some unexpected allies to the side of the Washington people.
                      IMAGINES VEL NON FUERINT

Comment

• Canoez
                        Did I say that out loud?
                        • Sep 2007

Trump's ego was the reason, on many levels. One quote in particular was telling :"He's more famous than me." (Discussing Comey)
                        "The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails."
                        -William A. Ward

Comment

• Nicholas Scheuer
                          • Aug 2006

Comey figured out who stole the strawberries?

Comment

• LeeG
                            • May 2002

As is no surprise, we’re now hearing the first accounts of James Comey’s...

Comment

• isla
                              Isla Woodcraft
                              • Aug 2008

I've no idea what goes on this guy's head, but 'taint natural.

Trump Says He Was Thinking Of ‘Russia Thing’ In Decision To Fire Comey..

“And in fact, when I decided to just do it, I said to myself, I said, you know, this Russia thing with Trump and Russia is a made up story, it’s an excuse by the Democrats for having lost an election that they should have won,” he continued, adding: “This was an excuse for having lost an election.”

He said later that he simply wanted a “competent” FBI director, and that “As far as I’m concerned, I want that thing to be absolutely done properly,” referring to the investigation.

Trump: ‘I Never Thought About’ How It Would Look To Abruptly Fire FBI Director..

President Donald Trump on Thursday said that he did not consider the optics or potential backlash of suddenly firing former FBI Director James Comey, who led the bureau’s investigation into possible collusion between members of Trump’s campaign and Russian officials.

“I never thought about it. It was set up a while ago, and frankly I could have waited. But what difference does it make?” Trump said.

a) .. He says he was thinking about the Russia thing "when I decided to just do it"
                              b) .. I never thought about it. It was set up a while ago

Structures without reference to geometry tend toward the ramshackle

Comment

Working...