PDA

View Full Version : Trump Meets with Russian Foreign Minister and Ambassador at White House

John of Phoenix
05-10-2017, 11:30 AM
Asylum discussions I suppose. :D

President Donald Trump hosted Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov and Russian Ambassador to the US Sergey Kislyak at the White House Wednesday amid the swirling investigation of Russian contacts with Trump campaign and transition officials in 2016 and Tuesday's firing of FBI Director James Comey, who was handling the probe.

Kislyak has been a central figure in the controversy, as then-national security adviser Michael Flynn was fired after it emerged that he had misrepresented conversations with Kislyak to others in the White House. Flynn is now one of the key figures in the investigation.

The Russian Embassy tweeted a photo of Trump shaking the hand of Russia's ambassador in what appears to be the Oval Office. Current and former US intelligence officials have accused Kislyak (http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/02/world/sergey-kislyak-russian-ambassador-us-profile/) of being a top spy and recruiter of spies, a notion that Russian officials have dismissed.

The Russian Embassy tweeted the photo as Trump was set to meet Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov on Wednesday. The meeting will be the highest-level encounter between the US administration and Moscow since Trump's inauguration.

Foreign Minister Lavrov when asked about Comey's firing... A visibly irritated Lavrov said, "Was he fired? You're kidding! You're kidding."

oznabrag
05-10-2017, 11:33 AM
So Trump had them over to tell them he won't be honoring his agreement with Putin, and that he will continue to fire everyone who made it happen.

So, John, You've been around the block.

How long before Trump has to make a decision as to whether he will resign or start assassinating witnesses?

TomF
05-10-2017, 11:34 AM
I'd have expected even Trump to be a bit more discreet when reporting to his handler. But we've long known that POTUS is "unique."

paulf
05-10-2017, 11:37 AM
Asylum discussions I suppose. :D

President Donald Trump hosted Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov and Russian Ambassador to the US Sergey Kislyak at the White House Wednesday amid the swirling investigation of Russian contacts with Trump campaign and transition officials in 2016 and Tuesday's firing of FBI Director James Comey, who was handling the probe.

Kislyak has been a central figure in the controversy, as then-national security adviser Michael Flynn was fired after it emerged that he had misrepresented conversations with Kislyak to others in the White House. Flynn is now one of the key figures in the investigation.

The Russian Embassy tweeted a photo of Trump shaking the hand of Russia's ambassador in what appears to be the Oval Office. Current and former US intelligence officials have accused Kislyak (http://www.cnn.com/2017/03/02/world/sergey-kislyak-russian-ambassador-us-profile/) of being a top spy and recruiter of spies, a notion that Russian officials have dismissed.

The Russian Embassy tweeted the photo as Trump was set to meet Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov on Wednesday. The meeting will be the highest-level encounter between the US administration and Moscow since Trump's inauguration.

Foreign Minister Lavrov when asked about Comey's firing... A visibly irritated Lavrov said, "Was he fired? You're kidding! You're kidding."
It's all beginning to fold up. The questions and assaults will be streaming from every direction...They aren't prepared enough to smooth it over.

The beginning of the end...

John of Phoenix
05-10-2017, 11:39 AM
So Trump had them over to tell them he won't be honoring his agreement with Putin, and that he will continue to fire everyone who made it happen.

So, John, You've been around the block.

How long before Trump has to make a decision as to whether he will resign or start assassinating witnesses?It will follow the nixon pattern. Ego will prohibit him making the decision, so it will be made for him. Arizona's Barry Goldwater was the messenger in 1973. It would be delicious sweet irony if "I don't like guys who were captured" delivered the message this time. :D

Timing? My WAG, before the 2018 primaries.

paulf
05-10-2017, 11:42 AM
It will follow the nixon pattern. Ego will prohibit him making the decision, so it will be made for him. Arizona's Barry Goldwater was the messenger in 1973. It would be delicious sweet irony if "I don't like guys who were captured" delivered the message this time. :D

Mr Trump...here is your roast Crow...Bon Appetit.

TomF
05-10-2017, 11:43 AM
I'll still follow Cris Ross, who suggested that the impeachment will happen in 2019, after the Dems make gains in Congress.

oznabrag
05-10-2017, 11:50 AM
I'll still follow Cris Ross, who suggested that the impeachment will happen in 2019, after the Dems make gains in Congress.

In normal circumstances, I would agree, but Trump is a Moron.

By that, I mean that he does not believe he can be deposed, and he has NO political experience.

What that adds up to is that as this disaster unfolds, it is going to be extremely difficult for any Republican apologist to create any distance between themselves and Trump or the reprehensible evil he is trying to perpetrate upon the American People WITH THE FULL COOPERATION OF THE REPUBLICAN PARTY.

I believe it is going to dawn on these orcs that they have to get rid of that POS BEFORE the mid-terms, or he is going to drag them down and drown them, too.

I hope they wait, but self-preservation is a mighty powerful motivator.

TomF
05-10-2017, 11:53 AM
I think Mitch is every bit as conniving and amoral as that strategy would require, Oz, but I think he still figures the base is with him and his cohorts. That he'll refuse to allow a motion of impeachment to come to the floor with exactly the same shocking disregard for the country and Constitution he used to block a Garland hearing.

oznabrag
05-10-2017, 11:56 AM
I think Mitch is every bit as conniving and amoral as that strategy would require, Oz, but I think he still figures the base is with him and his cohorts. That he'll refuse to allow a motion of impeachment to come to the floor with exactly the same shocking disregard for the country and Constitution he used to block a Garland hearing.

That'll be fine.

The republic has lasted a lot longer than McConnell, and will continue long after his prison term is done.

LeeG
05-10-2017, 11:56 AM
Maybe 45 and the Russians will announce a grand joint venture to make the world great again.

John of Phoenix
05-10-2017, 12:24 PM
This just in!

http://thehill.com/sites/default/files/styles/thumb_small_article/public/blogs/trumplavrov.png?itok=nra_WV2z

The Russian Ministry of Foreign Affairs released a photo Wednesday of President Trump shaking hands with Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov in the Oval Office.

The meeting (http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/332687-high-tensions-as-russian-diplomat-visits-washington) was closed to the press.

The US press that is.

Canoez
05-10-2017, 12:36 PM
This just in!

http://thehill.com/sites/default/files/styles/thumb_small_article/public/blogs/trumplavrov.png?itok=nra_WV2z

The Russian Ministry of Foreign Affairs released a photo Wednesday of President Trump shaking hands with Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov in the Oval Office.

The meeting (http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/332687-high-tensions-as-russian-diplomat-visits-washington) was closed to the press.

The US press that is.

Trump Named Kremlin Employee of the Month. (http://www.newyorker.com/humor/borowitz-report/kremlin-names-trump-employee-of-the-month)