PDA

View Full Version : Wisconsinís Voter-ID Law Suppressed 200,000 Votes in 2016 (Trump Won by 22,748)

StevenBauer
05-09-2017, 06:45 PM
Just great.

https://www.thenation.com/article/wisconsins-voter-id-law-suppressed-200000-votes-trump-won-by-23000/

S.V. Airlie
05-09-2017, 06:54 PM
Suppression of voters is a big thing in Republican owned states.

skuthorp
05-09-2017, 06:57 PM
A fraudulent election process in the US? My my, who'd a thunk it...................:rolleyes:

But 40% did not vote either, that's the problem.

S.V. Airlie
05-09-2017, 06:59 PM
A fraudulent election process in the US? My my, who'd a thunk it...................:rolleyes:

But 40% did not vote either, that's the problem.That's another problem. Of course if they are not allowed to vote I don't suspect them to.

mdh
05-09-2017, 07:25 PM
From the article:

It’s important to note that this study was conducted by a Democratic Party–affiliated group and has not been peer-reviewed or gone through the typical academic vetting process. While some studies have shown big reductions in turnout among minority voters because of voter-ID laws, others have not.

S.V. Airlie
05-09-2017, 07:30 PM
If you think so mdh! Of course you won't eccept anything unless Trump says something or gives you approval for something he creates along the line of fake news. I must say, he's extremely adept at spreading fake news along with Kellyanne (alt facts) and Spicer.

oznabrag
05-09-2017, 08:21 PM
From the article:

It’s important to note that this study was conducted by a Democratic Party–affiliated group and has not been peer-reviewed or gone through the typical academic vetting process. While some studies have shown big reductions in turnout among minority voters because of voter-ID laws, others have not.

So now you want those liberal educated elites to come to your rescue?

Really?

Iceboy
05-10-2017, 09:42 AM
Fess up. You didn't even read the article did you? He lifted that paragraph right from the article. It may or may not be what he thinks. Don't let that knee hit you in the head when it jerks.

If you think so mdh! Of course you won't eccept anything unless Trump says something or gives you approval for something he creates along the line of fake news. I must say, he's extremely adept at spreading fake news along with Kellyanne (alt facts) and Spicer.

Keith Wilson
05-10-2017, 10:18 AM
Wisconsinís Voter-ID Law Suppressed 200,000 Votes in 2016As Obama once said about inhaling when smoking weed, 'well, that was the point'. The entire purpose of voter-ID laws is to prevent people from voting who are more likely to vote for the opposing party. The number of in-person voter impersonation cases (the only kind of fraud that ID laws can prevent) can be counted on the fingers of one hand.

Glen Longino
05-10-2017, 02:54 PM
bump!
Pi$$es me off when a good thread like this one goes off page 1 in only 4 hours!

jack grebe
05-10-2017, 02:58 PM
Suppression of voters is a big thing in Republican owned states.

Amazing....... They suppressed 200k republican voters and Trump
STILL won........

S.V. Airlie
05-10-2017, 03:08 PM
Amazing....... They suppressed 200k republican voters and Trump
STILL won........If you've got Russian support, anything is possible as witnesses.And no, I doubt of they suppressed republicans unless by accident.

Too Little Time
05-10-2017, 03:24 PM
The entire purpose of voter-ID laws is to prevent people from voting who are more likely to vote for the opposing party. The number of in-person voter impersonation cases (the only kind of fraud that ID laws can prevent) can be counted on the fingers of one hand.

Prior to the 2016 election, Eddie Lee Holloway Jr., a 58-year-old African-American man, moved from Illinois to Wisconsin, which implemented a strict voter-ID law for the first time in 2016. He brought his expired Illinois photo ID, birth certificate, and Social Security card to get a photo ID for voting in Wisconsin, but the DMV in Milwaukee rejected his application because the name on his birth certificate read ďEddie Junior Holloway,Ē the result of a clerical error when it was issued. Holloway ended up making seven trips to different public agencies in two states and spent over $200 in an attempt to correct his birth certificate, but he was never able to obtain a voter ID in Wisconsin.
This is an interesting story in that it took place prior to 2013 and is based on a 2011 law. It has little to nothing to do with the 2016 law. Since he had a federal court decision in his favor in 2016, I think there is a large gap between different versions of reality. (and it appears his problems were with Illinois.)

I am sure that of the 200,000 "people" whose votes were suppressed few had as much of a problem in getting registered.

I think there is a better argument that the three minor parties were more responsible for the outcome. 190K votes for the minor parties.

Rum_Pirate
05-10-2017, 04:59 PM
Is it that Deplorables, Trumpista's etc etc that voted for Mr Trump had the street smarts to go and register and get ID to allow them to vote other than Democrat supporters? :confused: