PDA

View Full Version : Israel Appears to Have Weighed In

Duncan Gibbs
04-27-2017, 12:03 AM
Huge blasts reported on Hezbollah positions in Damascus near the airport.

I doubt they'll be so concerned about killing Assad's troops, nor Russian casualties.

Gib Etheridge
04-27-2017, 12:12 AM
It's interesting watching the cataclysmic thrashing about as civilization circles the drain. Not nice, but interesting.

PeterSibley
04-27-2017, 01:16 AM
It's interesting watching the cataclysmic thrashing about as the civilization circles the drain. Not nice, but interesting.

''The civilization'', Western, Middle Eastern or general ?

skuthorp
04-27-2017, 03:59 AM
Too early to tell, but the portents are not good.

carioca1232001
04-27-2017, 08:00 AM
Doing their best to avoid the unavoidable..... Hezbollah on the ground have come across as fierce opponents, not so from the air.

Gib Etheridge
04-27-2017, 09:52 AM
''The civilization'', Western, Middle Eastern or general ?

Fixed that. First I wrote "the human race", then thought better of it and edited to "civilization" but missed removing "the".

Here's how I see it. Humans are only as nice, kind to each other and compassionate as they feel they can afford to be. The more overpopulated, globalized and therefore competitive civilization becomes the more frightened people will become, and since as instincts go fear and greed trump (how I hate that word nowadays) compassion they become more and more warlike and less and less civilized. In fact, the Trump administration appears to be a symptom of just that, along with the escalating middle eastern conflicts.

Civilization probably has been, and I expect will prove to be, cyclical. As we become more crowded we will become more warlike, which will result in a lessening of the population, etc., etc. It happens all the time in the rest of the animal kingdom, and is especially notable amongst primates.

amish rob
04-27-2017, 09:55 AM
Fixed that. First I wrote "the human race", then thought better of it and edited to "civilization" but missed removing "the".

Here's how I see it. Humans are only as nice, kind to each other and compassionate as they feel they can afford to be. The more overpopulated, globalized and therefore competitive civilization becomes the more frightened people will become, and since as instincts go fear and greed trump (how I hate that word nowadays) compassion they become more and more warlike and less and less civilized.

Civilization probably has been, and I expect will prove to be, cyclical. As we become more crowded we will become more warlike, which will result in a lessening of the population, etc., etc. It happens all the time in the rest of the animal kingdom, and is especially notable amongst primates.

Yep.

We are getting to the point when all the dumb people get scared and rise up and kill all the smart people. It's happened before.

The difference is this time the god people stopped believing in is called Science.

Peace,
Robert