PDA

View Full Version : Republican Racism

Ian McColgin
04-19-2017, 07:52 AM
A hot tempered white Republican racist shows that you don't have be be black to be insulted as black by a white Republican racist. Because the full report violates what can be printed here, I'll provide a public news link for the story. Anyone who thinks that applying a racist epitaph to some white guys makes it non-racist really has his or her own race problems to work out.

I note that buried in our language are many such insults and they are not limited to racism. People who don't fancy themselves anti-gay can still taunt a pick-up basketball opponent with, "You shoot like a pansy." People who are sure they are not sexist may still remark, "You run like a girl." Well, at least that last does not use a noun that's always a denigration.

While the state representative's outburst is blatant, the ubiquity of the general language use is something that we should each use as a tool in the self-aware reduction of our own racism, sexism, or whatever.

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/community/broward/article145327079.html

Norman Bernstein
04-19-2017, 08:03 AM
It's just another vignette from our post-racial society, I guess. :(

Gerarddm
04-19-2017, 08:26 AM
It has interested me over the years the extent to which cognitive dissonance applies to black Republicans. I understand that no ethnic group is a monolithic bloc, and that there are any number of economically conservative conservatives within black Republican circles. But they still have to parse their party's ingrained antipathy toward people of color and even of majority groups like women.

Not being black or Republican, I just can't grok it.

jack grebe
04-19-2017, 10:29 AM
There are many saying we have in our language that we use not actually
Knowing the origins.....that doesn't necessarily mean racism, it means
Ignorance.

CK 17
04-19-2017, 10:38 AM
He also has a history of violence. Seems this trajectory he's on will end badly, as it always does.

Canoeyawl
04-19-2017, 11:18 AM
There are many saying we have in our language that we use not actually
Knowing the origins.....that doesn't necessarily mean racism, it means
Ignorance.

Racism means ignorance, ignorance means racism, and your point is?

Too Little Time
04-19-2017, 11:24 AM
white Republican racist
As I have pointed out many times every president since the mid 80's has run an administration that promoted racism and segregation. That includes our black Democratic president.

jack grebe
04-19-2017, 12:44 PM
Racism means ignorance, ignorance means racism, and your point is?

Racism is most definitely ignorant, but not all ignorance is racial.

To be ignorant of something is to be unaware of truth, that can
apply to many things.... A city dweller can be ignorant of the ways
of country living, that doesn't mean they are racist does it?

Gerarddm
04-19-2017, 01:21 PM
As I have pointed out many times every president since the mid 80's has run an administration that promoted racism and segregation. That includes our black Democratic president.

Do elucidate.

BrianW
04-19-2017, 01:49 PM
Whatever...

Let his constituents and peers send him down the road.

Guy's a jerk, doesn't mean all Republicans are racist.

oznabrag
04-19-2017, 03:21 PM
Whatever...

Let his constituents and peers send him down the road.

Guy's a jerk, doesn't mean all Republicans are racist.
Maybe, but the Republican Party is DEFINITELY racist, and have been since they adopted racism as a legitimate campaign strategy in 1968.

At least.

I know, I know. . . Too bad.