PDA

View Full Version : Brockmire

ron ll
04-18-2017, 11:33 AM
New series starring Hank Azaria and Amanda Peet. Absolutely hilarious but not for the kids or the mildly faint at heart. Anyone else seen it?

ron ll
04-18-2017, 02:17 PM
Geez things scroll off the forum fast now. Okay. Maybe if I post a pic so you know who Amanda Peet is it will get some eyeballs. Seriously, this is a very funny series with two very talented people.

http://images.amcnetworks.com/ifc.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/01/brock_thumb_1.jpg

Figment
04-18-2017, 02:42 PM
I've laughed at the trailers, but as a cordcutter I need it to show up on hulu or netflix or firetv before I can really dig it.

Typical hollywood, though.... Azaria must be 30yrs older than Peet

ron ll
04-18-2017, 02:46 PM

That fits into the plot. The guy is amazing at voices. The voice and accent of his character in this is perfect.

Mike V.
04-18-2017, 03:14 PM
I've laughed at the trailers, but as a cordcutter I need it to show up on hulu or netflix or firetv before I can really dig it.

He's only 8 years older than she is.

BrianY
04-18-2017, 03:54 PM
Does Azaria wear shoes in this one?

ron ll
04-18-2017, 04:15 PM
Does Azaria wear shoes in this one?

I can't think of him without thinking of that role in The Birdcage. The guy is a genius at creating character. That's what I like so much about Brockmire.

bamamick
04-18-2017, 07:03 PM
I saw it. The bits I saw his character had little in the way of redeeming characteristics, but I am sure he is supposed to have a heart of gold. I liked Ms. Peet's character.

Mickey Lake

amish rob
04-18-2017, 07:35 PM
I can't think of him without thinking of that role in The Birdcage. The guy is a genius at creating character. That's what I like so much about Brockmire.
He is brilliant. Brilliant.
I don't watch a lot of teevee, anymore. Some movies, and a few cartoons occasionally.

Still. Hank Azaria has been some of my favorite characters. Especially a few he voices.

Peace,
Robert

ron ll
04-18-2017, 08:10 PM
I saw it. The bits I saw his character had little in the way of redeeming characteristics, but I am sure he is supposed to have a heart of gold. I liked Ms. Peet's character.

Mickey Lake

I readily admit his character is pretty course and many may not get past that. I'm certainly no prude but some of the lines were even cringeworthy to me, even while I was rotf. :) It ain't family entertainment.

Paul Pless
04-18-2017, 08:15 PM
just watched thew trailer for season one
yeah, i'm in

David G
04-18-2017, 08:29 PM
I don't watch much tv. Only have a basic cable package because it came bundled with the recent fiber optic internet upgrade. I've watched a few MASH reruns, a mess of Blazers basketball, the occasional 'Criminal Minds' or 'Law & Order'. A few years back, I saw a couple episodes of 'Longmire', and wouldn't mind seeing more of that. The tv version was almost as good as the books. I'll keep an eye out for 'Brockmire'.

Keith Wilson
04-18-2017, 08:43 PM
Typical Hollywood, though.... Azaria must be 30yrs older than PeetHe's 52, she's 45. But she does have Hollywood actress looks.

Gerarddm
04-18-2017, 09:47 PM
She was really excellent I her last show on HBO.