PDA

View Full Version : Why do Republicans hate women?

Peerie Maa
04-14-2017, 01:58 PM
This seems to have slipped by.

US President Donald Trump has signed a new measure aimed at rolling back federal funding for the US women's health group Planned Parenthood.
The legislation removes an Obama-era rule that prohibited states from withholding funding for family planning services that provide abortions.
A Republican-led Congress passed the measure last month with Vice President Mike Pence casting a tie-breaking vote.
Republicans have long vowed to defund the group over the issue of abortions.
Planned Parenthood, a reproductive health organisation, provides birth control, STD testing, cancer screenings, breast examinations and pregnancy terminations.

From http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-39601568

jack grebe
04-14-2017, 02:03 PM
You don't troll well........ Allow me to help.

Why do democrats HATE newborns so much
They are willing to kill them prebirth?

Shang
04-14-2017, 02:13 PM
How many children have each Republican couple adopted?

Dan McCosh
04-14-2017, 02:14 PM

They are willing to kill them prebirth?Been watching old X-men movies, so I know what a prebirth newborn is. I didn't know anyone actually believed it could happen.

S.V. Airlie
04-14-2017, 02:15 PM

They are willing to kill them prebirth? Are you willing to support them possibly up to 18 yrs after they are born Jack?

BrianW
04-14-2017, 02:23 PM
With that logic...

At what age do you allow mothers to kill their children, so they don't have to support them? Why restrict it to before they are born?

jack grebe
04-14-2017, 02:25 PM
Are you willing to support them possibly up to 18 yrs after they are born Jack?

I have...........

See PM, it's not really hard........:d

Garret
04-14-2017, 02:30 PM
The absolute BS about the defunding is that PP was already prohibited from using federal $ for abortions. Federal funding could only be used for family planning, mammograms & other services - though a few states fund abortions in the case of rape or incest.

The whole thing is yet another Rep. lie - that suckers seem to accept without ever getting the facts.

So - yes - the Reps in Congress hate women.

JimD
04-14-2017, 02:30 PM

They are willing to kill them prebirth?One bad troll deserves another.

S.V. Airlie
04-14-2017, 02:31 PM
I don't have a clue what you're getting at Brian! All I'm saying is that anti abortionists are all worried about killing a fetus and if these children are born because they are against it, they have a responsibly to raise those kids to at least 18 especially as they may be handicapped or born in poverty. At least, pay for it.

JimD
04-14-2017, 02:33 PM
I don't have a clue what you're getting at Brian! All I'm saying is that anti abortionists are all worried about killing a fetus and if these children are born because they are against it, they have a responsibly to raise those kids to at least 18 especially as they may be handicapped or born in poverty. At least, pay for it.Like the meme goes, they're not pro life, they're pro birth. Once born, the Reps don't give a carp what happens to them.

Peerie Maa
04-14-2017, 02:34 PM
I have...........

See PM, it's not really hard........:d

So, how many of your kids are adopted?

Jim Bow
04-14-2017, 02:35 PM
Are the fathers going to be bound by law to care for the child for 18 years?

Shang
04-14-2017, 02:36 PM
Services provided by Planned Parenthood include testing for sexually transmitted infections and providing condoms. This is a critical function, since detection of an STI, including HIV, is the starting point for treatment, which reduces communicability. This is particularly true of HIV, for which modern drug treatments reduce viral load to a level where it becomes very unlikely to be transmitted. Untreated, it is much more communicable. Thus, testing is a critical step in preventing HIV from spreading.

The price of shutting down Planned Parenthood was seen in Indiana. After the state defunded Panned Parenthood in 2011, resulting in the eventual closure of five rural clinics, the small town of Austin (population 4,300) saw an outbreak of HIV, with 150 becoming infected. As a result these people will require costly medical care for the rest of their lives. This likely would not have happened if shortsighted Republican legislators had not slashed funding for Planned Parenthood.
http://www.advocate.com/commentary/2017/4/14/disastrous-consequences-defunding-planned-parenthood

S.V. Airlie
04-14-2017, 02:43 PM
Are the fathers going to be bound by law to care for the child for 18 years?Technically they maybe, try enforcing it!

S.V. Airlie
04-14-2017, 02:44 PM
Services provided by Planned Parenthood include testing for sexually transmitted infections and providing condoms. This is a critical function, since detection of an STI, including HIV, is the starting point for treatment, which reduces communicability. This is particularly true of HIV, for which modern drug treatments reduce viral load to a level where it becomes very unlikely to be transmitted. Untreated, it is much more communicable. Thus, testing is a critical step in preventing HIV from spreading.

The price of shutting down Planned Parenthood was seen in Indiana. After the state defunded Panned Parenthood in 2011, resulting in the eventual closure of five rural clinics, the small town of Austin (population 4,300) saw an outbreak of HIV, with 150 becoming infected. As a result these people will require costly medical care for the rest of their lives. This likely would not have happened if shortsighted Republican legislators had not slashed funding for Planned Parenthood.
http://www.advocate.com/commentary/2017/4/14/disastrous-consequences-defunding-planned-parenthoodThat's all true but, apparently ignored.

Garret
04-14-2017, 02:46 PM
That's all true but, apparently ignored.

And still ignored by this thread is that federal funds were not used for abortions!

delecta
04-14-2017, 02:56 PM
I fully support Planned Parent Hood, the more abortions the better.

Does that make me a token liberal?

Peerie Maa
04-14-2017, 02:56 PM
And still ignored by this thread is that federal funds were not used for abortions!

So, on top of everything else, the Republicans are also ignorant of your own laws?

S.V. Airlie
04-14-2017, 02:59 PM
So, on top of everything else, the Republicans are also ignorant of your own laws?Oh, they aren't ignorant, they know exactly what they are doing.

jack grebe
04-14-2017, 03:03 PM

I raised two that were not mine or my wife's, we had 2 ourselves, plus
Did foster care for more than 6 years........ And you?

S.V. Airlie
04-14-2017, 03:05 PM
Did foster care for more than 6 years........ And you?Glad you can afford to, a lot of people can't or won't and don't you get money for every child in foster care? What happens if Trump cuts those benefits?

Peerie Maa
04-14-2017, 03:07 PM
Did foster care for more than 6 years........ And you?

Kudos.

As to me. two kids, and no Republican party trying to outlaw abortions.

S.V. Airlie
04-14-2017, 03:12 PM
One problem, make it a few. People usually don't adopt these; the handicapped, the older one's over say 5 and race.. What happens to them? They are perpetually in the system with few ways, other than being let loose at 18 and then, what happens to them?

johnw
04-14-2017, 03:24 PM
This seems to have slipped by.

From http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-39601568

This has to do with the nature of the Republican coalition. It used to be the case that Evangelical churches did not much care about abortion, considering it a difficult choice left to women. But when the civil rights movement got public schools integrated, many private schools sprang up in the South. often linked to an Evangelical church using its non-profit status to support a segregated school. When the Carter administration started cracking down on this, those churches started to reach out to conservative Catholics to form a coalition. The Catholics didn't care about integration, but they did care a lot about Roe v. Wade. Evangelical churches formed part of the Republican coalition, conservative Catholics like Rick Santorum formed another part of it, and the Evangelical churches adopted the Catholic view on abortion.

More here: http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2012/10/30/my-take-when-evangelicals-were-pro-choice/

Conservatives tend to want the social arrangements of the past, and those included many things which gave men control over women. The suffrage movement didn't get the vote for women until long after they got better property rights for women. John Locke's most dangerous idea was that we are all born owning ourselves. Conservatives tend to prefer a time when women could almost be treated as property. The operative term here is 'feme covert.'

More on this here: http://booksellersvsbestsellers.blogspot.com/2015/08/marriage-and-liberal-mindset.html

CWSmith
04-14-2017, 03:59 PM
Republicans hate women because today's party attracts the sort of guy who could not get a date until they met the one and only woman who would marry him.

And that is an accurate description of several Republicans that I know.

Hugh Conway
04-14-2017, 04:02 PM
With that logic...

At what age do you allow mothers to kill their children, so they don't have to support them? Why restrict it to before they are born? So you have no clue what Planned Parenthood does? Glad we cleared that up.

Make sure to be extra mature and mention how you have people you don't like on ignore, it adds to the aura.

S.V. Airlie
04-14-2017, 04:05 PM
So you have no clue what Planned Parenthood does? Glad we cleared that up.

Make sure to be extra mature and mention how you have people you don't like on ignore, it adds to the aura. You can also check what the red states are doing about that Brian, They apparently are making the rules in their states anyway.

oznabrag
04-14-2017, 04:11 PM
Republicans hate women because today's party attracts the sort of guy who could not get a date until they met the one and only woman who would marry him.

And that is an accurate description of several Republicans that I know.

And then, the Morons BREED!

bobbys
04-14-2017, 05:10 PM
How many children have each Republican couple adopted?

I would but I cannot risk them becoming teenagers.

SKIP KILPATRICK
04-14-2017, 05:17 PM
Why do Republicans hate women?

I heard it was because as infants they were bottle fed. :d

ccmanuals
04-14-2017, 05:25 PM
The sad thing is republican politicians just use PP as a wedge issue to whip up their base. I don't think they really care either way.

But there is certainly lots of misinformation out there. There is this notion that congress appropriates a chunk of money for PP and every year just writes a check to them. Nothing could be further from the truth. They only receive reimbursements for tests and procedures like any other clinic or hospital. When was the last time you heard a republican go after a hospital when they perform a D&C?

john welsford
04-14-2017, 05:29 PM

In my case, one out our two. She's turned out to be the most wonderful young woman. That was the best decision of my life.
But, back to the original post, I'd have thought that funding birth control and sex ed would be a very effective way of reducing the abortion rate.

John Welsford

bobbys
04-14-2017, 05:29 PM
I never knew I hated women, clean air ,social security, Medicare, NPR, EPA, muslims, ferners, electric cars, CNN,Obama untill I came here.

I do hate Boston sports teams though..... It's just they are evil.....

CWSmith
04-14-2017, 05:30 PM
And then, the Morons BREED!

There is a strong conservative fundy culture where the father is "head of household" in every sense. I've never understood that. I have a partner. Her ideas and insights improve my life immeasurably.

CWSmith
04-14-2017, 05:32 PM
I never knew I hated women, clean air ,social security, Medicare, NPR, EPA, muslims, ferners, electric cars, CNN,Obama untill I came here.

Then you were not paying attention to recent GOP candidates.

Garret
04-14-2017, 05:34 PM
... I'd have thought that funding birth control and sex ed would be a very effective way of reducing the abortion rate.

John Welsford

But you are applying logic to a purely emotional, lie-driven situation. That being said, there are a large # who believe birth control & sex ed are evil too.

johnw
04-14-2017, 05:43 PM
In my case, one out our two. She's turned out to be the most wonderful young woman. That was the best decision of my life.
But, back to the original post, I'd have thought that funding birth control and sex ed would be a very effective way of reducing the abortion rate.

John Welsford

That's not what drives it. See post 25.

Osborne Russell
04-14-2017, 08:42 PM
The Catholics didn't care about integration, but they did care a lot about Roe v. Wade. Evangelical churches formed part of the Republican coalition, conservative Catholics like Rick Santorum formed another part of it, and the Evangelical churches adopted the Catholic view on abortion.

Yep. Pure expedience on both sides, who formerly had little use for each other. Those who objected to bigotry against Catholics were, uh huh, Catholics. Those who practiced it most were Protestants -- hundreds of years already. In US history, particularly in the south, with the northeast a strong second place, based on coincidental bigotry against Irish and Italian immigrants.

But that's all in the past !

jack grebe
04-14-2017, 08:52 PM
But that's all in the past !
You sure?

Osborne Russell
04-14-2017, 08:55 PM
There is a strong conservative fundy culture where the father is "head of household" in every sense. I've never understood that. I have a partner. Her ideas and insights improve my life immeasurably.

It was the law until relatively recently.

English common law moved to a system where a wife with a living husband ("feme couvert") could own little property in her own name. Unable to easily support herself, marriage was very important to most women's economic status. This problem has been dealt with extensively in literature, where the most important reason for women's limited power was the denial of equal education and equal property rights for females. The situation was assessed by the English conservative moralist Sir William Blackstone: "The husband and wife are one, and the husband is the one."

-- wikipedia, "wife"

A woman for a poor man is his main property, and he is enraged at the prospect that it may be taken from him.

CWSmith
04-14-2017, 09:14 PM
It was the law until relatively recently.

A woman for a poor man is his main property, and he is enraged at the prospect that it may be taken from him.

There are a lot of laws in the past that we have left behind. This only says that some have been slow to evolve.

BrianW
04-15-2017, 01:35 AM
I don't have a clue what you're getting at Brian! All I'm saying is that anti abortionists are all worried about killing a fetus and if these children are born because they are against it, they have a responsibly to raise those kids to at least 18...

Nope, the responsibility to raise a child falls on the parents.

Peerie Maa
04-15-2017, 04:22 AM
[/B]
Nope, the responsibility to raise a child falls on the parents.

There is the rub, if they are unable to, then you have three choices. They suffer, the state pays for their maintenance, or you allow abortion.

If you don't want the third, which of the other two do you support?

John Smith
04-15-2017, 08:16 AM

Why are Republicans so unconcerned about newborns and children, that they don't care if they are fed or properly cared for? Why does their concern END at birth?

John Smith
04-15-2017, 08:22 AM
Technically they maybe, try enforcing it!

More often than not, the fathers cannot afford the child. The mom is then eligible for government help that she NEEDS, which costs the taxpayers money they don't want to spend.

I would much prefer my tax dollars be used to pay for a legal (it is) abortion than to help raise an unwanted child for 18 years or more.

If these people are really serious about cutting down on the number of abortions, they'd support ideas that cut down on unwanted pregnancies.

How about making it ILLEGAL to father a child out of wedlock? If the guy wants to play around, let him get a vasectomy, and I'm fine with my taxes paying for it.

John Smith
04-15-2017, 08:24 AM

I think people have a misconception. They seem to believe that the government has a budget item for Planned Parenthood, as they have for other things.

Our tax dollars only go to Planned Parenthood via Medicaid, for example, paying for procedures covered. Abortion is not covered. All kinds of other medical services and procedures that have nothing to do with abortion are provided by PP and are covered by Medicaid, Medicare, etc.

John Smith
04-15-2017, 08:25 AM
I fully support Planned Parent Hood, the more abortions the better.

Does that make me a token liberal?

Not sure. My view is a bit more simple. I don't think it's any of my business why/if someone else aborts a pregnancy.

jack grebe
04-15-2017, 08:33 AM
Not sure. My view is a bit more simple. I don't think it's any of my business why/if someone else kills an unborn child

Ftfy

Osborne Russell
04-15-2017, 09:57 AM
There are a lot of laws in the past that we have left behind. This only says that some have been slow to evolve.

Ironically, granting women the right to own property was a far greater blow to tradition than gay marriage. By the earlier change, western civ reaped incalculable benefits. Kind of like, I can't believe how much better I can see since I pulled my head out.

Republicans hate women (abortion is but one aspect) because one after another the old rules are discarded as being not just wrong but counter-productive. The benefits of the discarding are doubtful (to them) but the threat to the existing order is plain

The utilitarian argument inspires them to leap to the defense of principle. Trouble is, they aren't defending principle per se, only the BS principles of the past, and even that has it limits, which are not based on principle. American Catholics join their former worst enemies.

Like William F. Buckley said, the thing is to hold up your hand and say, stop! They pretend not to know the roots of their views in medieval Europe and MEM because nowadays that looks stupid. Or maybe they don't need to pretend -- they're that ignorant. They didn't know they hated women.

LeeG
04-15-2017, 10:03 AM

As bad as the ops troll is your is worse. The republican platform advocates reducing women's access to healthcare, plain and simple. You can use religious gobbledygook about the preciousness of "life" while making life for those responsible for child rearing harder.

CWSmith
04-15-2017, 10:16 AM
Ironically, granting women the right to own property was a far greater blow to tradition than gay marriage. By the earlier change, western civ reaped incalculable benefits. Kind of like, I can't believe how much better I can see since I pulled my head out.

Republicans hate women (abortion is but one aspect) because one after another the old rules are discarded as being not just wrong but counter-productive. The benefits of the discarding are doubtful (to them) but the threat to the existing order is plain

The utilitarian argument inspires them to leap to the defense of principle. Trouble is, they aren't defending principle per se, only the BS principles of the past, and even that has it limits, which are not based on principle. American Catholics join their former worst enemies.

Like William F. Buckley said, the thing is to hold up your hand and say, stop! They pretend not to know the roots of their views in medieval Europe and MEM because nowadays that looks stupid. Or maybe they don't need to pretend -- they're that ignorant. They didn't know they hated women.

I don't disagree with you at all. However, you omitted one point. American conservatism has always had a particular knee-jerk response to change of any kind. It no longer stands for fiscal conservatism. It no longer stands for conservatism in international relations. It does not even stand for conservation. It is a knee-jerk response to change. It is fear.

Osborne Russell
04-15-2017, 10:34 AM
I don't disagree with you at all. However, you omitted one point. American conservatism has always had a particular knee-jerk response to change of any kind. It no longer stands for fiscal conservatism. It no longer stands for conservatism in international relations. It does not even stand for conservation. It is a knee-jerk response to change. It is fear.

Precisely. Psychology, not philosophy.

Change causes anxiety. What is the remedy? They come in two classes: rhinestone shades and cheap sunglasses. Oops, I mean rational and irrational.

oznabrag
04-15-2017, 10:56 AM

Precisely. Psychology, not philosophy.

Change causes anxiety. What is the remedy? They come in two classes: rhinestone shades and cheap sunglasses. Oops, I mean rational and irrational.

I believe you gentlemen have nailed it:

'Republicans', such as they are, are AFRAID of women.

This fear has DEEP roots.

oznabrag
04-15-2017, 11:00 AM
Wait!

Osborne, did you say 'Cheap Sunglasses'?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QePcj9BplMQ

Gerarddm
04-15-2017, 11:03 AM
All the Abrahamic religions have a bias against women, yet just another reason to fuggedaboud dem. And since the Republicans seem to be infested with more virulent types, it is no wonder that they do have a War on Women. It's baked into their DNA.

As for Jack's hoped-for troll about abortions, let it be known that if regressives were REALLY interested in preventing abortions, they'd be backing universal and free sex education and birth control, and ( gasp) supporting the majority of Planned Parenthood programs that do just that. So go suck an egg.

jack grebe
04-15-2017, 11:03 AM
See PM, that is how it is done. You don't need to believe personally what you
post, you just need to tweek a nerve or two.............

No thanks necessary.......carry on.

jack grebe
04-15-2017, 11:08 AM
All the Abrahamic religions have a bias against women, yet just another reason to fuggedaboud dem. And since the Republicans seem to be infested with more virulent types, it is no wonder that they do have a War on Women. It's baked into their DNA.

As for Jack's hoped-for troll about abortions, let it be known that if regressives were REALLY interested in preventing abortions, they'd be backing universal and free sex education and birth control, and ( gasp) supporting the majority of Planned Parenthood programs that do just that. So go suck an egg.

Please try to keep up, I have always been for single payer health care, education, and birth control........ Please find where I have said otherwise.

Please do your homework before attacking others....... It really brings out the stupid in you.

LeeG
04-15-2017, 11:09 AM
See PM, that is how it is done. You don't need to believe personally what you
post, you just need to tweek a nerve or two.............

No thanks necessary.......carry on.

Kinda like Trump, no ideology, just looking for attention like a three yr old.

jack grebe
04-15-2017, 11:22 AM
Kinda like Trump, no ideology, just looking for attention like a three yr old.

I thought you put me on ignore......like a year ago.........

Osborne Russell
04-15-2017, 11:25 AM
Wait!

Osborne, did you say 'Cheap Sunglasses'?

Like the psychological responses to change, the choice is up to you, 'cause they come in two classes.

LeeG
04-15-2017, 11:27 AM
I thought you put me on ignore......like a year ago.........

I did, and I sometimes choose not to ignore you.