PDA

View Full Version : Softball Sky

amish rob
04-11-2017, 10:20 PM
This is what the sunset was like from the bleachers this evening at practice.

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h62/kitchenfiddle/20170411_192543_zpsrmr5hrtm.jpg (http://s61.photobucket.com/user/kitchenfiddle/media/20170411_192543_zpsrmr5hrtm.jpg.html)

That's all. Just a pretty sky and a fence. :)

Peace,
Robert

Duncan Gibbs
04-12-2017, 03:24 AM
Dude! Have you seen Instagram? :D

amish rob
04-12-2017, 08:33 AM
Should I not share this type with you lot, then? I don't know what's on Instagram. I figure it pretty much the same inanity on Facebook.

Just saw a pretty sky, and I rarely have anything more cogent than a picture of something to share.

Peace,
Robert

oznabrag
04-12-2017, 09:01 AM
Ah don' know whut a 'instagram' is either, Amish.

Ah lahk a purty pitcher, though.

Thankee!

amish rob
04-12-2017, 09:08 AM

Thankee!

:) No problem.

The best part of the evening was actually my daughter pitching. She is an amazing person, if a little too much like me for her own good. ;)

Peace,
Robert

oznabrag
04-12-2017, 09:25 AM

Thankee!

:) No problem.

The best part of the evening was actually my daughter pitching. She is an amazing person, if a little too much like me for her own good. ;)

Peace,
Robert

So, I reckon you think yer daughter is a purty pitcher? :D

amish rob
04-12-2017, 09:36 AM
So, I reckon you think yer daughter is a purty pitcher? :D
I may be a little biased...

Actually, here's a funny thing about my daughter. She looks NOTHING like my wife. Now, my wife looks just like her mom, and her vava, and her visava, and her tresava...

Basically, going back about 8-9 generations, ALL the women on my wife's side look the same. I mean, creepy similar. The family reunion every year is like 50 little old Azorean clones. :)

Then comes mine, to break the chain. No other granddaughters will come from the line, so my wife and her sisters are the last of their kind.

But, dang, Oznabrag, much to my fatherly chagrin, she is absolutely gorgeous. A no lie headturner of a young lady. Fortunately, she is also tougher than woodpecker lips, smarter than a whip, and trained in physical combat.

Peace,
Robert

P.S. The boys are about as much good I am, but the girl will turn out to be as formidable a force as her mother. She got THAT part from mom.:)

oznabrag
04-12-2017, 09:49 AM
The proud Papa. . .

Congratulations!

Duncan Gibbs
04-12-2017, 04:51 PM
Should I not share this type with you lot, then? I don't know what's on Instagram. I figure it pretty much the same inanity on Facebook.

Just saw a pretty sky, and I rarely have anything more cogent than a picture of something to share.

Peace,
Robert
Absolutely you should share it! It's a nicely framed sky and silhouette. :)

I've actually become slightly addicted to Instagram. There is, of course, the same inanity on as on Friendface. But since it's very strongly image based it's a terrific place for creative types like you and me. And there is some fairly spectacular stuff along the way, once you establish your own personal algorithm!

Did you know Facebook still captures data on non-facebook users since almost every web page still dumps a Facebook cookie onto your machine. :eek:

amish rob
04-12-2017, 05:09 PM
Absolutely you should share it! It's a nicely framed sky and silhouette. :)

I've actually become slightly addicted to Instagram. There is, of course, the same inanity on as on Friendface. But since it's very strongly image based it's a terrific place for creative types like you and me. And there is some fairly spectacular stuff along the way, once you establish your own personal algorithm!

Did you know Facebook still captures data on non-facebook users since almost every web page still dumps a Facebook cookie onto your machine. :eek:

Hehe. Oh, I'm not averse to Facebook because I'm trying to hide. :)

My family has been bugging me to Instagram, and my sponsor, but still.

I'm just really slow to adopt. Also, I tend to think, "Who gives a hoot what I see, think, or say?" I share here, true, but even that I'm reticent about.

Sorry, too, if I sounded snarky at all, Mate. I reread that just now and it sounds much shorter and sharper than I thought then.

If I start instagramming, you'll know, because I'll hash tag its all Duncan's fault. :)That's the hash tag one, right?

Peace,
Robert

amish rob
04-12-2017, 05:11 PM
The proud Papa. . .

Congratulations!
Boy, Howdy. Dang if kids ain't so much work and aggravation, but dang if they ain't the future of us, too, man.

That is a heavy thought. Still, we can only guide and love, and hope they turn out just a bit better than us. :)

Peace,
Robert