PDA

View Full Version : Poor Susan Rice

delecta
04-11-2017, 01:17 PM
Thrown under the bus and then the bus backed up and then went to D and trampled her once again.

Obama owes her something, will he step up to the plate or just be the man he is?

peb
04-11-2017, 01:42 PM
She does seem to be willing to fall on her sword over and over again for the Obama administration.

Glen Longino
04-11-2017, 01:46 PM
Correction: Poor Troglodytes!

David G
04-11-2017, 02:25 PM
Some people seem to get their 'news' exclusively from sources that are more propaganda than information. This is the latest 'narrative' that the RWW's are spreading.

Oh... and... http://forum.woodenboat.com/showthread.php?221988-Three-Months-Past-Dignity

woodpile
04-11-2017, 03:00 PM
Sgt. Bergdahl served with "honor and distinction", not propaganda
The attack on Benghazi was a spontaneous attack caused by a video, not propaganda.

She deserves what she gets, Obama would throw her under the bus in a heartbeat.

Keith Wilson
04-11-2017, 03:18 PM
Man, you guys sure are scraping the bottom of the barrel. Your boy hasn't made a true statement in public for, what, twenty-three days now? He's nearly at the stage of stumbling around babbling incoherently to trees, wearing purple yoga pants and a frilly polka-dot apron with drool running down his chin and a dead chicken tied around his neck - and you're talking about Susan Rice???

David G
04-11-2017, 03:28 PM
Man, you guys sure are scraping the bottom of the barrel. Your boy hasn't made a true statement in public for, what, twenty-three days now? He's nearly at the stage of stumbling around babbling incoherently to trees wearing purple yoga pants and a frilly polka-dot apron with drool running down his chin and a dead chicken tied around his neck - and you're talking about Susan Rice???

The yoga pants are necessary - to enable bending this far backwards to reach desperately for a distraction... any distraction. The more the better.

L.W. Baxter
04-11-2017, 06:21 PM
Rice/Wasserman Schultz 2020!

CWSmith
04-11-2017, 07:21 PM
Rice/Wasserman Schultz 2020!

Kill me now!

L.W. Baxter
04-11-2017, 07:29 PM
Kill me now!

:d You know you'd vote for them. You'd have to!

CWSmith
04-11-2017, 07:37 PM
:d You know you'd vote for them. You'd have to!

Not in the primary and not with any pride or hope.

L.W. Baxter
04-11-2017, 07:49 PM
I would vote for either of them in the primary over any man.

I mean that. I'm done voting for men, given a choice. I will vote for Sarah Palin or equivalent if I have to. We have a serious problem and we need to correct it. How could any woman be worse than what we've got now? And why do we have what we have now, eh?

Rice and DWS are both imperfect, but so is every man who ever ran for office. There is a profound double standard, even among alleged feminists and sympathizers, that requires women to be more perfect than a man by magnitudes of greatness in order to be considered for a top leadership position. The last election cycle is the clearest demonstration one could wish for.

I would be proud to have Rice as POTUS. She's got most everything Barack Obama has, except maybe comic timing. I'm sure she has some virtues he lacks. And Debbie would make Joe Biden look like a Boy Scout.:d

delecta
04-11-2017, 07:50 PM
Is the Washington Post an approved news site here?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fact-checker/wp/2017/04/10/susan-rices-claim-that-obama-got-syria-to-verifiably-give-up-its-chemical-weapons-stockpile/?utm_term=.e53e76d86771

CWSmith
04-11-2017, 07:59 PM

DWS is no better than the worst we have produced. Rice I have no strong opinion on.

David G
04-11-2017, 08:00 PM

I mean that. I'm done voting for men, given a choice. I will vote for Sarah Palin or equivalent if I have to. We have a serious problem and we need to correct it. How could any woman be worse than what we've got now? And why do we have what we have now, eh?

Rice and DWS are both imperfect, but so is every man who ever ran for office. There is a profound double standard, even among alleged feminists and sympathizers, that requires women to be more perfect than a man by magnitudes of greatness in order to be considered for a top leadership position. The last election cycle is the clearest demonstration one could wish for.

I would be proud to have Rice as POTUS. She's got most everything Barack Obama has, except maybe comic timing. I'm sure she has some virtues he lacks. And Debbie would make Joe Biden look like a Boy Scout.:d

Two words: Maggie Thatcher

L.W. Baxter
04-11-2017, 08:05 PM
I would kill to have Maggie Thatcher in the White House right now.

L.W. Baxter
04-11-2017, 08:06 PM
DWS is no better than the worst we have produced...

Oh?

You're not going to like me saying this. But the double standard runs deeeeep.

David G
04-11-2017, 08:15 PM
Is the Washington Post an approved news site here?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fact-checker/wp/2017/04/10/susan-rices-claim-that-obama-got-syria-to-verifiably-give-up-its-chemical-weapons-stockpile/?utm_term=.e53e76d86771

I can live with that article, while disagreeing with their conclusion. It seems they are saying that she told the truth. OK so far. And it seems they are saying she didn't tell the public EVERYTHING she knew or suspected. I'm still ok... maybe.

On one hand - when does the voting public ever hear all the details when it comes to foreign policy? It's too fragile, and too 'nuanced' to blab everything publicly. It wouldn't be in the public interest to do so.

OTOH - did she withhold info in part, or in toto, for her own (or the administration's) advantage... and against the public interest? That happens. GW Bush lying us into a stupid war is one example. But is that what happened here? I don't see much of anything in THAT article that tells us that is the case. Do you have other evidence to offer that would prove, or even suggest that she acted contrary to the nation's interest? Because - so far - the 'Susan Rice is a liar' narrative is still a bust as far as I can tell.

CWSmith
04-11-2017, 08:17 PM
Oh?

How is this a double standard? Is it because I don't insist that the next person I vote for have internal plumbing?

I mean that. I'm done voting for men, given a choice.

DWS was fundamentally unprincipled in the Democratic primary season. As for the theory all men are corrupt, I think that Jimmy Carter and Joe Biden were fundamentally good and decent men. And I think that Al Franken is a good man who is reasonably effective in the Senate. I had no problem voting for Sanders. One SCROTUS does not make all men immoral. I'll vote for the best person without regard for gender. And DWS isn't it.

David G
04-11-2017, 08:20 PM
I would kill to have Maggie Thatcher in the White House right now.

Fair enough. I'd probably make that swap right now. I'm not sure I'd be wise in the long run... but that's more a strategic thought than a tactical one.

Garret
04-11-2017, 08:41 PM
Oh?

What Mr. Smith said. DWS is a sleazy Rep in Dem clothing. Got nothing whatsoever to do with her gender.

SMARTINSEN
04-11-2017, 09:10 PM
Washington (CNN)After a review of the same intelligence reports brought to light by House Intelligence Chairman Devin Nunes, both Republican and Democratic lawmakers and aides have so far found no evidence that Obama administration officials did anything unusual or illegal, multiple sources in both parties tell CNN.
Their private assessment contradicts President Donald Trump’s allegations that former Obama national security adviser Susan Rice broke the law by requesting the “unmasking” of US individuals’ identities. Trump had claimed the matter was a “massive story.”
However, over the last week, several members and staff of the House and Senate intelligence committees have reviewed intelligence reports related to those requests at NSA headquarters in Fort Meade, Maryland.
One congressional intelligence source described the requests made by Rice as “normal and appropriate” for officials who serve in that role to the president.
And another source said there’s “absolutely” no smoking gun in the reports, urging the White House to declassify them to make clear there was nothing alarming in the documents.

ron ll
04-11-2017, 09:34 PM
Just in case some are too lazy to read the fine print in Steve's post above, here I'll make it even easier for you:

One congressional intelligence source described the requests made by Rice as “normal and appropriate” for officials who serve in that role to the president.

And another source said there’s “absolutely” no smoking gun in the reports, urging the White House to declassify them to make clear there was nothing alarming in the documents.

bobbys
04-11-2017, 10:25 PM

You are going to love Ivanka in 8 years!