• Show
Clear All
  • Norman Bernstein
    Liberaltarian
    • Nov 2004

If it's not recorded, it didn't happen

Lyin' Donald again:

From a New York Times interview:

TRUMP: Elijah Cummings was in my office and he said, “You will go down as one of the great presidents in the history of our country.”

MAGGIE HABERMAN: Really.

TRUMP: And then he went out and I watched him on television yesterday and I said, “Was that the same man?”

Washington Post: “There is precisely zero chance this is true. None. Zip. Nada. As journalists, we are trained to be circumspect — to always allow for the possibility of something we don’t know to be 100 percent true. It’s why journalists don’t accuse Trump of lying when he says things that are clearly untrue. But there is just no chance, unless Cummings’s whole political career is a lie and he’s a secret sleeper agent for Republicans who is really, really playing the long game after 20 years.”
    "Reason and facts are sacrificed to opinion and myth. Demonstrable falsehoods are circulated and recycled as fact. Narrow minded opinion refuses to be subjected to thought and analysis. Too many now subject events to a prefabricated set of interpretations, usually provided by a biased media source. The myth is more comfortable than the often difficult search for truth."

• David G
    • Dec 2003

Re: If it's not recorded, it didn't happen

<sigh>
    David G
    Harbor Woodworks
    https://www.facebook.com/HarborWoodworks/

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

Comment

• Gerarddm
      #RESIST
      • Feb 2010

There are just two words for this: holy crap. He is SERIOUSLY delusional. As in, pathologically. As in, unfit for office.
      Gerard>
      Albuquerque, NM

Next election, vote against EVERY Republican, for EVERY office, at EVERY level. Be patriotic, save the country.

Comment

• TomF
        Recalcitrant Heretic
        • Jun 2003

It happened in Trump's office? In this case there should be tapes - remember when Nixon discovered that?

What are your "right to information" rules about releasing copies of transcripts? God knows that this wouldn't be edited or classified info on National Security grounds ...
        If I use the word "God," I sure don't mean an old man in the sky who just loves the occasional goat sacrifice. - Anne Lamott

Comment

• Bobcat
          Formerly a Smallboat Guy
          • May 2007

Originally posted by TomF
          It happened in Trump's office? In this case there should be tapes - remember when Nixon discovered that?

What are your "right to information" rules about releasing copies of transcripts? God knows that this wouldn't be edited or classified info on National Security grounds ...
          There is no requirement that conversations in the Oval Office are recorded, and I suspect that after Nixon presidents do NOT record the conversations.
          What's not on a boat costs nothing, weighs nothing, and can't break

Comment

• Bob (oh, THAT Bob)
            I fix stuff.
            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Gerarddm
            There are just two words for this: holy crap. He is SERIOUSLY delusional. As in, pathologically. As in, unfit for office.
            Not delusional. By design. Simply trying to portray others as liars to distract from his own lying. This is standard M.O. for Trump and all pathological liars.
            sigpic When you can take the pebble from my hand, it will be time for you to leave.

Comment

• David G
              • Dec 2003

Yes... just a 'convenient' comment. The truth be damned. More of the same from D.Tramp.
              David G
              Harbor Woodworks
              https://www.facebook.com/HarborWoodworks/

"It was a Sunday morning and Goddard gave thanks that there were still places where one could worship in temples not made by human hands." -- L. F. Herreshoff (The Compleat Cruiser)

Comment

• TomF
                Recalcitrant Heretic
                • Jun 2003

Originally posted by Bobcat
                There is no requirement that conversations in the Oval Office are recorded, and I suspect that after Nixon presidents do NOT record the conversations.
                My mistake. I thought there was a legislated requirement, and that the tapes were archived.
                If I use the word "God," I sure don't mean an old man in the sky who just loves the occasional goat sacrifice. - Anne Lamott

Comment

Working...