PDA

View Full Version : Need Cover for wooden boat with outboard(1955 Borum)

mgrosser
04-05-2017, 07:34 PM
Hello,

Here I am again asking what I feel is a silly question but after spending over an hour online I cannot find a cover that will work for my boat. I have a 1955 Borum with an outboard motor. I am looking for a cover that will cover entire boat including the motor. IF I do not water will get in the stern of the boat and ruin the wood. The boat is 17 from Bow to back of the motor. The beam is 66" wide. boat comes to a point, has a windshield. Any ideas ?

Thanks

Matt

Todd Bradshaw
04-05-2017, 11:22 PM
Look for somebody local who does boat canvas and have a custom cover made. You will probably have to leave the boat with them while they build it, because there are multiple points where they will need to try the cover on and adjust, but it really is the only way to get a really good cover for an uncommon boat. Otherwise, you can buy the closest generic cover you can find and try to tie it down tightly so that it won't flap or blow off - for as long as it will last. It's a lot cheaper, but you generally get what you pay for.

Garret
04-06-2017, 09:25 AM
I had pretty good luck with these folks for one for my CC. I ended up talking with a gal from there who was very helpful.

https://www.boatcoversdirect.com

AndreasJordahlRhude
04-06-2017, 12:10 PM
you will never find an "off the shelf" cover to fit an old boat. You will have to have one custom made for your rig.

Andreas

David G
04-06-2017, 12:21 PM
I've gone both ways. But it took some hunting to find an off-the-shelf cover. Which I then modified by add a couple of straps in strategic locations. In the end, that one served us well for many years - and was snug enough to trailer with. And I found it on sale! But even full price, and throwing in the mods - it would have been far less expensive than a custom cover. Custom covers, though, will get you exactly what you need. And you largely control things. Color. Weight/quality of fabric. Etc.