PDA

View Full Version : Ivanka to have office in daddy's White House, but no real job, yet.

Nicholas Scheuer
03-22-2017, 06:12 PM
Am I the only one here feeling theirs may be an unhealthy relationship?

robm
03-22-2017, 06:34 PM
Maybe she is doing the hard work, and he is doing the tweets.

Keith Wilson
03-22-2017, 06:45 PM
I don't mind. She seems at least sane, and may be a moderating influence; might keep him from doing some of the dumb things he would otherwise.

Vince Brennan
03-22-2017, 06:50 PM
Am I the only one here feeling theirs may be an unhealthy relationship?That has been a question in some minds since she was 15.

jack grebe
03-22-2017, 06:53 PM
I just want his 8 years over with........

skuthorp
03-22-2017, 07:06 PM
I think that does her a disservice Nicholas, she may be the brightest chip on the Trump block and frankly if he stays in office the US needs her there. I'm with Keith on this #3.

ccmanuals
03-22-2017, 07:12 PM
I am trying to imagine the uproar from the right if Chelsea Clinton was given a clearance and an office in the WH.

skuthorp
03-22-2017, 07:15 PM
I am trying to imagine the uproar from the right if Chelsea Clinton was given a clearance and an office in the WH.
The 'right', like the old GOP have been taken over and are subservient to Trump for a delusion of power. He sure knew how much their ideals and morals were worth.

Nicholas Scheuer
03-22-2017, 07:22 PM
To say nothing of the way Trump constantly has his hands on his daughter.

CWSmith
03-22-2017, 07:41 PM
No job, but she is getting a security clearance.

Is she the brains in the Trump operation, or just there to remind dad what will help or hurt profits?

Shang
03-22-2017, 07:55 PM
Dupe

Shang
03-22-2017, 07:58 PM
To say nothing of the way Trump constantly has his hands on his daughter.

"Daddy, what are those two parrots doing?"

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CaDwN5zWQAE-qvW.jpg

skuthorp
03-22-2017, 07:59 PM
I don't think, in the interests of banning and deletions if nothing else, you should go there.
Anyway, if there's any fire the alarm will go off soon enough, they lead very public lives.

LeeG
03-22-2017, 08:29 PM
I take her as a moderating influence. Not that I'm a fan of nepotism and oligarchs, but wait it would be better if he cracked and Pence was prez, or maybe not.

Hallam
03-22-2017, 08:36 PM
...........something about all this reminds me of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory!

FishoutaFlorida
03-22-2017, 10:00 PM
Greetings all,

This from the latest White House resident...

According to a report from Bloomberg News (https://www.bloomberg.com/politics/articles/2017-02-23/ivanka-trump-is-pushing-her-500-billion-child-care-plan-on-hill), Ms. Trump met with members of Congress in the White House’s Roosevelt Room last week to discuss her plans for a child care tax benefit which could cost as much as $500 billion over 10 years. Ms. Trump urged Republican lawmakers to consider her plan when writing a tax overhaul, a project that President Trump says is coming soon.

Ms. Trump's proposal is very similar to the plan proposed by Mr. Trump in September: Child-care expenses for individuals earning less than $250,000 annually (or couples earning less than $500,000 annually) would be deductible from income taxes. Critics of the plan have argued that the threshold is too high and could amount to a subsidy for wealthy Americans at the expense of low-income families who do not make enough money to qualify for tax deductions.

According to a 2015 report from the Tax Policy Center (http://www.taxpolicycenter.org/model-estimates/tax-units-zero-or-negative-income-tax/tax-units-zero-or-negative-income-tax), a nonpartisan research group, 45 percent of Americans don’t make enough money each year to pay federal income taxes in the first place. Mr. Trump’s plan last fall included a higher earned income tax credit for low-income families who don’t qualify for a deduction, essentially giving these families a tax credit.
“Ivanka Trump’s involvement in tax negotiations between the White House and congressional Republicans is a signal of her influence with her father despite having no formal role in his administration,” writes Bloomberg.

Some things you just can't make up.

skuthorp
03-22-2017, 10:16 PM
Her involvement in policy negotiations and taxation maters is unsettling considering that formally she has no standing. And as such should not be able to vote on whatever decisions are made being she has no responsibility either. A volunteer making decisions on national policy? A position in the hierarchy is really needed seeing she seems to be the President's (not her father's) stand in rather than Pence.
Deputy President perhaps?

Nicholas Scheuer
03-22-2017, 10:17 PM
Go where, skuthorp? I'm just talking about the public record. Possessing as I do a vocabulary much larger than Trump's, I can employ all of the appropriate words should I desire to "go" somewhere.

skuthorp
03-22-2017, 10:25 PM
Read the first part of the sentence, actionable statements re Donald will likely be dumped by Scot if he sees them.
I have no beef with you Nicholas at all. Just advocating caution.