03-21-2017, 01:20 PM
bobcat attacks a turkey decoy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1bQARwUBi4

birlinn
03-21-2017, 01:29 PM
Loved the way he looked at the camera: "I suppose you lot think that is funny!"

S.V. Airlie
03-21-2017, 01:42 PM
What's funny is I've seen what some may think are "big White Hunters" do the same thing. You'd expect a man would realize a decoy when he sees one.

Warden puts out a deer decoy 150' feet away from the road
a few hours later
A hunter sees the deer, stops his truck and shoots it with an arrow.
Warden tickets him for hunting from the road.
Day 2
Warden puts out the same decoy in the same place sans arrow.
Later, the same hunter sees it, stops his truck and shoots it with an arrow again.
Warden tickets him again, hunting from the road.
Day three.
Warden moves the deer about 25 feet from the previous location sans arrow.
Hunter, the same one, sees the deer, stops the car and shoots it with an arrow again.
Warden takes his license away stating that "you can't fix stupid!"
True story over a beer at a pub in Franklin NC.

I bet the cat didn't fall for this again.

J P
03-21-2017, 02:46 PM
I have some video (somewhere?) of my cat stalking and counting coup on a wild turkey. No animals were harmed.

Breakaway
03-21-2017, 02:57 PM
We were shooting crows one afternoon on a friend's farm. We set a bunch of stool ( decoys) out in this dirt road that run along the woods that bordered the back of this field. We used a brush pile nearby as a hide. We even had a tape of crow calls playing.

Well, along comes this kid on a dirtbike down the road. We see him, and he stops about 200 feet up from the decoys. Flips up his helmet visor. Takes a look. Then he flips the visor down, revs the throttle and gets low over the handlebars.

He's gonna scare that flock of birds right out of the road.

Except of course he didn't.

Instead, he skidded to a stop just shy of the plastic crows, dropped the bike and yanked off his helmet.

" WTF!" says he, along with other epithets.

Shaking his head, he walked his bike around the decoys, remounted and sped off.

We never said a word, but bust out laughing after he was gone.

Kevin

Canoeyawl
03-21-2017, 03:15 PM
My Trump voting cousin (in Maine) was caught red-handed by a game warden while hunting a deer decoy out of season from the road.
I thought it was all pretty funny. He (cousin) spotted the "deer" but thought he could get a better shot and crawled through a culvert under the road and "snuck up" on it by crawling up through the muddy little stream to get the shot. By the time he finally took the shot, he was cold, soaked and muddy through and through...
And, by the time the warden finished with him he was late to work at the mill, with a penalty.

We used to call that, Karma!
I wonder if the wardens set those up just to laugh at the fools chasing the decoy?

Phillip Allen
03-21-2017, 04:21 PM
I meant to show the pleasure of seeing wildlife and just watching... I've done it and it's very satisfying

Phillip Allen
03-21-2017, 04:28 PM
I once had a small deer walk up so close that I considered poking it with my bow just to keep the little feller alive a little longer by teaching him caution... he was too small to shoot, though he had no spots at all and it was an antlerless season

S.V. Airlie
03-21-2017, 04:32 PM
I once had a small deer walk up so close that I considered poking it with my bow just to keep the little feller alive a little longer by teaching him caution... he was too small to shoot, though he had no spots at all and it was an antlerless seasonSounds like it was spring! Did it have spots too?:(

Phillip Allen
03-21-2017, 04:42 PM
Sounds like it was spring! Did it have spots too?:(

fall, and as I said, no spots... AND I chose not to shoot

S.V. Airlie
03-21-2017, 04:52 PM
Bambi thanks you!

Bob (oh, THAT Bob)
03-21-2017, 05:11 PM
bobcat attacks a turkey decoy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1bQARwUBi4

HAHA, *cartoon voice* "I am confused!"

Iceboy
03-22-2017, 09:19 AM
Pretty cool video. I had a hawk dive my face once. Dressed in full camo except my glasses. It came in feet first until I ducked then it hit my bow and flew off. Most of the pleasure bow hunting is watching all of the wildlife.

Phillip Allen
03-22-2017, 10:28 AM
Pretty cool video. I had a hawk dive my face once. Dressed in erfull camo except my glasses. It came in feet first until I ducked then it hit my bow and flew off. Most of the pleasure bow hunting is watching all of the wildlife.

don't tell anyone or we'll have a bunch of sight-seers bothering us :)

Ian McColgin
03-22-2017, 10:45 AM
I had a cousin who was an enthusiatic hunter in every season, every edible and pest species, bow and firearms. It was fun skulking around with him in bow season as once we stepped away from the car we were invisible. As were all the other hunters. And in bow season random hikers and farm animals are safe.

Anyway, great vid.

Gerarddm
03-22-2017, 11:29 AM
There is the story of the old Vermont farmer who each year would drag a large log out into the woods just before opening day of hunting season, and affix a set of antlers to it.

At the end of the season he'd tractor the log out, burn it, and sell the lead, LOL.

Phillip Allen
03-22-2017, 11:45 AM
There is the story of the old Vermont farmer who each year would drag a large log out into the woods just before opening day of hunting season, and affix a set of antlers to it.

At the end of the season he'd tractor the log out, burn it, and sell the lead, LOL.

funny

S.V. Airlie
03-22-2017, 12:00 PM
From Readers' Digest.

Man sees Farmer whitewashing "Cow" on his cows during hunting season.
Man asks, do you ever write Bull on them?
Farmer, "NO, don't want to confuse the hunters!"