PDA

View Full Version : 63 Russians...

David G
03-19-2017, 12:59 PM
At minimum... invested in D.Tramp's properties in Florida alone. I know this takes on the appearance of 'money laundering'... but there is no evidence of that... so far. <G>

Russian elite invested nearly $100 million in Trump buildings

http://www.dailykos.com/stories/2017/3/17/1644739/-Reuters-63-Shady-Russians-Own-100-Million-in-Trump-Buildings-in-South-FL?detail=facebook

delecta
03-19-2017, 01:08 PM
“On the question of the Trump campaign conspiring with the Russians here, there is smoke, but there is no fire at all,” he said, adding, “There’s no little campfire, there’s no little candle, there’s no spark. And there’s a lot of people looking for it.

https://theintercept.com/2017/03/16/key-democratic-officials-now-warning-base-not-to-expect-evidence-of-trumprussia-collusion/

Sorry. :(

johnw
03-19-2017, 01:17 PM
“On the question of the Trump campaign conspiring with the Russians here, there is smoke, but there is no fire at all,” he said, adding, “There’s no little campfire, there’s no little candle, there’s no spark. And there’s a lot of people looking for it.

https://theintercept.com/2017/03/16/key-democratic-officials-now-warning-base-not-to-expect-evidence-of-trumprussia-collusion/

Well, if you believe that, you must also believe this, from your link:

A formal, credible investigation into all these questions, where the evidence is publicly disclosed, is still urgently needed.

oznabrag
03-19-2017, 01:18 PM

Not yet.

delecta
03-19-2017, 01:27 PM

Well, if you believe that, you must also believe this, from your link:

Funny, the author describes you in his article.

Good luck.

johnw
03-19-2017, 02:30 PM
Funny, the author describes you in his article.

Good luck.

You are mistaken. The word "handsome" does not appear in the article at all.

David W Pratt
03-19-2017, 03:56 PM
From what I've heard about his business practices, his alleged glasnost may be coming to a screeching halt
(screeches supplied by the investors)

David G
03-19-2017, 04:07 PM

You are mistaken. The word "handsome" does not appear in the article at all. Nor do I see the words erudite, perspicacious, brilliant, studly, nor hirsute...

Delecta... you SURE you got the right guy?

johnw
03-19-2017, 06:10 PM
From what I've heard about his business practices, his alleged glasnost may be coming to a screeching halt
(screeches supplied by the investors)

Well, there must be some reason he condemns our allies and never the Russians. Maybe he's just in love with Putin. Maybe they have kompramat on him. Neither of these things require that the Trump campaign coordinated with the Russians, even if he acted in ways they preferred.

It would be nice to know the reason he's done so.

bamamick
03-19-2017, 07:12 PM
Being fair, I have a Russian friend who lives in south Florida and sells real estate, and the Miami area appears to be a bit of a Mecca for the young Russian billionaires who have made a bundle since the end of the Cold War. This isn't just about Trump's properties, I wouldn't think.

Mickey Lake

Duncan Gibbs
03-19-2017, 07:28 PM
On the other side of this coin Mickey, is the fact that many of these rich Russians have been using Deutsche Bank to launder money, this same bank is the main source of credit to Trump and that these rich Russians have also 'invested' over $100 million in his properties. Property deals have long been used as a cover for laundering activity. The suggestion that Trump is involved isn't such an incredulous one.

bamamick
03-19-2017, 07:37 PM
Oh, I don't doubt it a bit, Dunc. My friend flies these guys around from building to building in her private helicopter. We are talking about indecent money, and there isn't much doubt that some of it may be these chaps hiding money in foreign real estate. I was just saying that this was not only the President whose properties may be involved, though of course, who CAN resist solid...uh, gold plated.....pretty much everything? His properties probably push their buttons just so.

Mickey Lake

Cuyahoga Chuck
03-19-2017, 08:30 PM
Being fair, I have a Russian friend who lives in south Florida and sells real estate, and the Miami area appears to be a bit of a Mecca for the young Russian billionaires who have made a bundle since the end of the Cold War. This isn't just about Trump's properties, I wouldn't think.

Mickey Lake

Russia is a kleptocracy and in order to be a kleptocrat there you have to have the OK of the Big Kahuna , Vladimir Putin. All those "young billionaires" know there is a cup of radioactive polonium waiting for any rich Rusky who doesn't toe the Moskow line.

David G
03-19-2017, 10:07 PM
If only we were are quick to launch investigations as when it was Monicagate, and Benghazi, and so forth...