PDA

View Full Version : Trump Regretters -- the numbers are growing

David G
03-18-2017, 12:34 PM
Losing support among his own voters. No room to gain among other voters. He's done too good a job of polarizing things.

https://www.yahoo.com/style/number-people-regret-voting-trump-164011003.html

Margie Omero of PSB Research has some interesting new polling out on how President Trump's performance in office has compared with voters' expectations.

Three key points, from PSB's online interviews with 800 general population respondents between March 6-9:

"Three of the four traits on which Americans rate [Trump] as doing 'more than they expected' are negative."

"He is particularly weak on 'going too far,' and 'getting sidetracked by things that aren't important.'"
The good news for Trump: especially strong on keeping his promises, improving the economy, getting things done, and keeping America safe.

Why this matters: PSB Research, a Democratic-aligned firm, is measuring changes in Trump's image. They've identified a category of voters they call "Trump Regretters," and are testing what about Trump's presidency moves them. Based on her polling so far, Omero believes that the sense that Trump is "going too far" will make voters regret their vote for Trump.

C. Ross
03-18-2017, 12:50 PM
Um. I think he's on the wrong track in every direction. But this is really lame "evidence" of loss of support, I'm afraid.

Chris Coose
03-18-2017, 01:05 PM
So Cris, In that Trump gets really poor grades from you and with your history, I'm kinda thinking by just looking at the micro representation here in the bilge, would you agree that those who score Trump in Jesus land are inclined to have been beaten as children?

Gerarddm
03-18-2017, 01:54 PM
#3 is all that matters to the Stumps. Everything else is fluff. When they don't believe #3 anymore, THEN he will be toast, not until then.

isla
03-18-2017, 01:57 PM
I would love to see a steady decline in Trump's popularity across all polls, but unfortunately the polls are all over the place just now. Both of these reports are from two days ago..

President Donald Trump has seen a significant positive shift in his polling numbers according to the latest Morning Consult poll.
https://morningconsult.com/2017/03/15/poll-trump-approval-voter-optimism-rise/

President Trump's job approval rating has dropped 5 points in Fox News surveys since last month.
According to a poll released Wednesday, 43 percent of voters approve of the job the president is doing and 51 percent disapprove.
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/interactive/2017/03/15/fox-news-poll-315/

LeeG
03-18-2017, 03:09 PM
Talked to an acquaintance last night, a lawyer, who voted for 45 and deeply regrets it. I sympathized with him and kept my mouth shut because my immediate reaction was "what about Trumps appeal to bigotry, xenophobia and fear made sense to you?"

CWSmith
03-18-2017, 03:48 PM
Talked to an acquaintance last night, a lawyer, who voted for 45 and deeply regrets it. I sympathized with him and kept my mouth shut because my immediate reaction was "what about Trumps appeal to bigotry, xenophobia and fear made sense to you?"

Yes, better to welcome the prodigal son than punish him. We're not going to win this by beating up on everyone who mistakenly supported Trump.

bobbys
03-18-2017, 03:54 PM
A new Poll?.

ROTFLMAO!

David G
03-18-2017, 05:35 PM
Well... it seems that there are a number of folks regretting their vote for Trump.

Rumor is, though, that even Trump regrets some of the idjits who voted for him. As I understand it - even some right here in the Bilge.

CWSmith
03-18-2017, 06:59 PM
Regret is a yes / no opinion, but impeachment requires a "Hell no!" position. There is a lot of reluctance to pull that string and a long ways to go.

bobbys
03-18-2017, 07:03 PM
Well... it seems that there are a number of folks regretting their vote for Trump.

Rumor is, though, that even Trump regrets some of the idjits who voted for him. As I understand it - even some right here in the Bilge.

I think the only " regrets" are the DNC sabatoged Bernie .

How does it feel to know Yer own party cheated and made all the liberals look foolish?

oznabrag
03-18-2017, 07:29 PM

I think the only " regrets" are the DNC sabatoged Bernie .

How does it feel to know Yer own party cheated and made all the liberals look foolish?

I don't know.

How does it feel to know your own party sold your beautiful Constitution to Vlad for $27.63 and a pat on the tushie?

It made all the so-called 'conservatives' look Treasonous.

bobbys
03-18-2017, 07:33 PM
I don't know.

How does it feel to know your own party sold your beautiful Constitution to Vlad for $27.63 and a pat on the tushie?

It made all the so-called 'conservatives' look Treasonous.

Still on the russia fib.?.

My ,our libs hold on to any little crumb on the floor..

Well at least you are off the confederate thing for awhile..

oznabrag
03-18-2017, 07:50 PM

Still on the russia fib.?.

My ,our libs hold on to any little crumb on the floor..

Well at least you are off the confederate thing for awhile..

Sooo. . .. You're OK with Russia running Donny's show?

'Cause pretty much everybody else has figured it out.

You know, like people who have made a living figuring it out for the past 50 years. Those people.

They say the sleazy Jesus is up to his neck in Russian Mob Money, and he owes Vlad his very life.

I realize the so-called 'conservatives' are desperate, their policies ALWAYS end up on the wrong side of History, but there comes a point where one SHOULD realize that one is advocating something . . . Unsavory?

Take a few minutes to think about it, bobbys. Is some sort of political advantage worth trashing the US Constitution?

Really?

David G
03-19-2017, 04:38 PM
Think he's got a few minutes worth in yet?

isla
03-19-2017, 06:49 PM
From the Independent today..

Donald Trump is only two months in and his approval rating has fallen to a new low, according to the latest Gallup poll.
The Presidentís approval has dropped three points this weekend to 37 per cent, the lowest point since Mr Trump stepped into the White House.
Other Presidents have suffered even lower ratings during their time in office, but this is the first time in at least 70 years that any President dipped to this point by March of their first term, found Gallup.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/donald-trump-gallup-poll-new-record-low-approval-ratings-russia-healthcare-wiretapping-twitter-a7638601.html

pipefitter
03-19-2017, 10:19 PM
Does this mean y'all will have more company soon to share in this obsession? I have to imagine that many who voted for him didn't really approve of him in the first place, but that they just approved of the alternative even less. Either way, I don't think it's going to play any better for your team, because it seems that the one thing that most people are tired of is, this incessant blubbering by the left. The left's constituency is not making a good showing, regardless.

George Jung
03-19-2017, 10:24 PM
Nah. The right is as rabid as ever, and quite aware Trump isn't working for most of them. Nasty position they find themselves in- by their own hand.

oznabrag
03-20-2017, 10:15 AM
Does this mean y'all will have more company soon to share in this obsession? I have to imagine that many who voted for him didn't really approve of him in the first place, but that they just approved of the alternative even less. Either way, I don't think it's going to play any better for your team, because it seems that the one thing that most people are tired of is, this incessant blubbering by the left. The left's constituency is not making a good showing, regardless.

If this be blubbering, make the most of it.

The Sleazy Jesus is going DOWN.

. . .

Or up to that gallows platform.

You should know that one of the principle weapons of these totalitarian usurpers is called 'outrage fatigue'. He just keeps doing more and more outrageous things to occupy your attention, all the while destroying your government.

Oh, there are those who claim they hate the government, but they are usually mouth-breathers.

They have become convinced that the Constitution is somehow a separate thing from the government.

Donald F Trump is a traitor to the Constitution.

Our Constitution was written by flaming, radical, separatist Liberals, and Conservatives have been sore losers ever since.