PDA

View Full Version : reagan was the last president to skip the white house correspondents dinner

Paul Pless
02-26-2017, 12:03 PM
It was because he had been shot six days before the dinner. . .

McMike
02-26-2017, 12:05 PM
I often wonder what it will take to truly mobilize the masses to reject Trump, to oust him. His rejection, expulsion, of the press, this is very dangerous.

Lew Barrett
02-26-2017, 12:19 PM
Somebody else said it first. He's a coward.

TomF
02-26-2017, 12:24 PM
It's bait. He wants to give the press a venue and excuse to give him all the quotes he needs to prove that they are "at war" with him. That they really are "the opposition party," and that his own rejection of them was justified. Prescient even.

This is Bannon's communications strategy, I think.

McMike
02-26-2017, 12:25 PM
I think your right Tom. We'll see how the press handles being handled. Hopefully, they can be smarter than the usurpers.

S.V. Airlie
02-26-2017, 12:43 PM
It was because he had been shot six days before the dinner. . .WOW but, he certainly went to such great extremes to miss it though! What a WHIMP!:(

Did Trump give an excuse? Something wrong with his feet perhaps?

Lew Barrett
02-26-2017, 12:44 PM
Just a few days ago, it was suggested by one of ya'll that they should hold the dinner, have a fine old time while omitting mention of him.

Canoeyawl
02-26-2017, 12:44 PM
They should just have it without him.

Paul Pless
02-26-2017, 12:45 PM
Just a few days ago, it was suggested by one of ya'll that they should hold the dinner, have a fine old time while omitting mention of him.oh that would be beautiful

oznabrag
02-26-2017, 12:56 PM
He's gonna host Putin at the Florida White House that night. Guess which event the press will cover.

I have no idea if this is even true, but if it is I would guess that there's gonna be 'unauthorized footage' coming out of Florida.

Every intelligence agency on the planet is going to want a piece of this, and I think they'll probably get it, too.

http://dingo.care2.com/pictures/c2c/share/38/385/594/3859406_370.jpg

Canoeyawl
02-26-2017, 01:04 PM
It is difficult to believe how anyone involved at any level in the Vietnam war could be down with Putin...

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/vietnam/hist-2nd-indochina-ussr.htm

Joe (SoCal)
02-26-2017, 01:07 PM
He's gonna host Putin at the Florida White House that night. Guess which event the press will cover.

It is difficult to believe how anyone involved at any level in the Vietnam war could be down with Putin...

Well there ya go

Hugh Conway
02-26-2017, 01:29 PM
I often wonder what it will take to truly mobilize the masses to reject Trump, to oust him. His rejection, expulsion, of the press, this is very dangerous. The masses have rejected him. It's just the traitors on Team Red, who respect Putin more than the media, that still love him. Just look at this board.

Lew Barrett
02-26-2017, 01:39 PM
The masses have rejected him. It's just the traitors on Team Red, who respect Putin more than the media, that still love him. Just look at this board.

There are other boards where they're celebrating the Alt Right's redefinition of good and evil, but people with knowledge based in reality get the picture. This board is a nice haven from those that are less informed.

bobbys
02-26-2017, 01:54 PM
There are other boards where they're celebrating the Alt Right's redefinition of good and evil, but people with knowledge based in reality get the picture. This board is a nice haven from those that are less informed.

Post 11 represents most of the liberals here.

Canoeyawl
02-26-2017, 02:40 PM
Well there ya go

It is no secret where those Kalashnikov's came from and even when they were found discarded in the jungle and rusted on the surface beyond belief, those chrome bores were still perfect. And where are the Chromium deposits you ask?

But yeah! Putin good...

LeeG
02-26-2017, 02:47 PM
Is Samantha Bee still holding the alternative dinner?

skuthorp
02-26-2017, 02:49 PM
Surely his non-attendance is not surprising or unexpected?

Subscriptions are way up according to the NYT, and journalism has been revitalised by his opposition.

Likewise interest in politics, ironic if that is his longer term legacy.