PDA

View Full Version : My question for Congressman Dave Reichert.

Jim Bow
02-23-2017, 12:29 PM
Dave Reichert is a Congressman from a district north of mine. I worked for the King County Sheriff's Office for 16 years in the Communications section. I knew Dave slightly in that capacity. He was a great cop in a rural district where any backup was often 20 minutes away. He had a couple of valor awards during his patrol career. He became a detective and headed up the case of the Green River Killer, during which he became a friend and mentor to the victims families. Finally, he was elected Sheriff and then Congressman.
Quite a career of dedicated public service. Yet, he seems to be marching in lockstep with Trump.
Reichert will not hold any public Town Hall meetings. Instead, he's doing a Facebook live meeting at a local PBS affiliate. Questions submitted in advance.
I submitted the following:
"While you were Sheriff of King County, if a person with the mannerisms and outward personality of Trump were interviewed for a job in the department, would you hire him?
If, during a background investigation, if recordings, like the ones we've heard, were presented, would you hire him? I believe that police officer candidates have to turn over personal financial records during background checks, if a candidate refused, would you hire him?"

ron ll
02-23-2017, 12:33 PM
He has nice hair but he's a jerk. Good luck with your question.

Gerarddm
02-23-2017, 04:30 PM
He was in lockstep with Dubya, he is in lockstep with our current president. He has really milked the karma from Green River Killer case to the max.

Jim Bow
02-23-2017, 09:35 PM
He has really milked the karma from Green River Killer case to the max.
Especially since Det. Tom Jensen is the guy who cracked the case and made the arrest.

ron ll
02-23-2017, 10:46 PM
Especially since Det. Tom Jensen is the guy who cracked the case and made the arrest.

Exactly. A good friend was one of the lead detectives on that for years and I never heard him mention Reichert during that time.