PDA

View Full Version : BROTM question for the peeps.

amish rob
02-21-2017, 04:45 PM
I am going to copy The Scream. Pastel and tempera on hardboard. Any interest in a thread on it?

Just curious.

Peace,
The Faker

P.I. Stazzer-Newt
02-21-2017, 04:48 PM
Yes.

Does that make you a Munchkin?

Gerarddm
02-21-2017, 05:12 PM
Only if you know who stole one of the originals ( there is more than one, evidently ).

Bob Adams
02-21-2017, 05:42 PM
The Scream? Bet it turns into a Trump thread.

Glen Longino
02-21-2017, 07:12 PM
I'm looking forward to it!

amish rob
02-21-2017, 07:47 PM
Cool. I have done several copies of famous and master works before, but always obvious fakes.

No, I ain't Doodle them in sharpie! :)

I think I found a nice piece of board. I'm making some paints to test colors and all, and digging through my adult crayons.
I will put up a thread, or maybe just post it here.

Oh. As I understand Much did several copies in various media on various media. :) I'm doing a pastel and tempera on hardboard version that is pretty much th one we all know. It has a boat in it. :)

Peace,
Robert

TomF
02-21-2017, 08:06 PM
bring it on!

Vince Brennan
02-21-2017, 09:23 PM
....dough down, place it on a lightly floured work surface, and use a knife or dough scraper to divide the dough into 6 pieces (or more, for smaller bagels). Roll each piece of dough into a sausage shape about 6 inches long. Join the ends to form a circle. Repeat with the remaining ...

David G
02-21-2017, 10:13 PM
OK... I've quizzed all the peeps in my immediate vicinity. They are in favor, and remind you to go heavy on the pastels...

http://pmcdeadline2.files.wordpress.com/2014/04/peeps__140422233738.jpg

amish rob
02-21-2017, 10:23 PM
OK... I've quizzed all the peeps in my immediate vicinity. They are in favor, and remind you to go heavy on the pastels...

http://pmcdeadline2.files.wordpress.com/2014/04/peeps__140422233738.jpg
Haha. For as long as I can remember, my mom has gotten me those things every Easter, mostly because I avoid marshmallows in all forms. After a few months, they get hard enough to leave welts when thrown. :)

Peace,
Robert

Vince Brennan
02-21-2017, 11:17 PM
Before we became older and less able to process extreme sugaring, I used to supply her with "Peeps". As she LIKES them "stale" (there actually is a good reason for this... It escapes me at the moment, but I'm sure I'll remember soon...), one year I visited all the Rite-Aid, CVS, Dollar-General, Dollar-Tree and a couple of the Korean stores and bought out their "on-sale" Peeps on Easter Monday.

I done good.

I wuz buy a SH!TLOAD ov dem little chickenz.

About twelve pounds of them for far less than they had sold for the previous day.

I stored them at work and trotted them out for her birthday, Mother's Day, The Fourth, Acension Day, Armistice Day, Labour Day, My Birthday, Thanksgiving, Halloween and the occasional Wednesday.

She hasn't looked at or asked for a "Peep" since.

(There WERE leftovers!)

[/Ish]

Bob Adams
02-22-2017, 10:14 AM
Peeps are only really good after hardened! They must be using better preservatives these days, they don't seem get stiff like they used to.

Canoeyawl
02-22-2017, 10:17 AM
Peeps are only really good after hardened! They must be using better preservatives these days, they don't seem get stiff like they used to.

So... your sayin' your peeps don't get stiff like they used to???

Bob Adams
02-22-2017, 10:34 AM
So... your sayin' your peeps don't get stiff like they used to???

Well, yeah. Seriously, my Mom, bless her heart still gives them from time to time. She opens the package a few weeks prior to gifting them. She knows I like 'em chewy!