PDA

View Full Version : Not much left in Trump's world that is functioning

Chris Coose
02-06-2017, 10:20 AM
Dysfunction appears in all realms.
My greatest fear was that this turd would turn and behave presidentially, actually move some of what he spread out in the campaign.
That which he is gaining on (Wall St., banking etc.) are all contrary to his campaign BS.
I mean, it's OK to dump coal mining waste into our streams again?

I expect the trend to his complete failure shall advance quicker than what anybody sees as progress.

Norman Bernstein
02-06-2017, 10:22 AM
The real question is exactly how long the Trumpistas are going to remain, blindly insisting that Trump's presidency is 'going great'... considering how it's been such a disaster since the day he was inaugurated.

Chris Coose
02-06-2017, 10:30 AM
The real question is exactly how long the Trumpistas are going to remain, blindly insisting that Trump's presidency is 'going great'... considering how it's been such a disaster since the day he was inaugurated.

Unfortunately, Norm that crew will blindly insist just as long as Trump tells them it is going great. They are kinda useless in this observation.

Figment
02-06-2017, 11:00 AM
I'm sure the money-printing machine is functioning flawlessly.

I'm equally sure that dysfunction is in the eye of the beholder, and that all is going completely to (someone's) plan.

bobbys
02-06-2017, 11:07 AM
Dysfunction appears in all realms.
My greatest fear was that this turd would turn and behave presidentially, actually move some of what he spread out in the campaign.
That which he is gaining on (Wall St., banking etc.) are all contrary to his campaign BS.
I mean, it's OK to dump coal mining waste into our streams again?

I expect the trend to his complete failure shall advance quicker than what anybody sees as progress..

Not only that, he had the pats win..

bobbys
02-06-2017, 11:08 AM
I'm sure the money-printing machine is functioning flawlessly.

I'm equally sure that dysfunction is in the eye of the beholder, and that all is going completely to (someone's) plan..

For the first time in 8 years our liberals are worried about money.LOL

Sky Blue
02-06-2017, 11:10 AM
He's doing beautifully.

Gerarddm
02-06-2017, 11:14 AM
I suppose even in tbe administration there must be some people who are not out to lunch, because the NYTimes reports today that they know they have to be like Archie Bell and the Drells and do the Tighten Up.

Our current president complained even that he was improperly briefed on the executive order naming Bannon to the National Security Council. When sonething that simple gets mangled, yeh you would hope that there were some adults in the room somewhere.

LeeG
02-06-2017, 11:24 AM
I suppose even in tbe administration there must be some people who are not out to lunch, because the NYTimes reports today that they know they have to be like Archie Bell and the Drells and do the Tighten Up.

Our current president complained even that he was improperly briefed on the executive order naming Bannon to the National Security Council. When sonething that simple gets mangled, yeh you would hope that there were some adults in the room somewhere.

Weirder and weirder

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/05/us/politics/trump-white-house-aides-strategy.html?smid=tw-nytimes&smtyp=cur&_r=0

Mr. Priebus bristles at the perception that he occupies a diminished perch in the West Wing pecking order compared with previous chiefs. But for the moment, Mr. Bannon remains the president’s dominant adviser, despite Mr. Trump’s anger that he was not fully briefed on details of the executive order he signed giving his chief strategist a seat on the National Security Council, a greater source of frustration to the president than the fallout from the travel ban.

Chris Coose
02-06-2017, 01:18 PM
Trump flourishes in disorder. Him bringing that to the oval office is like bringing a scorpion to the artic.

Sky Blue
02-06-2017, 01:42 PM
Trump supporters are very pleased with how he has done so far, anecdotally and in polling. There will be bumps in the road, mistakes, missteps. To the extent, however, he continues to demonstrate his intent to fulfill campaign promises, his support will remain strong. The Democrats have gone all in on the outrage machine, and already there is outrage fatigue, even among some Democrats. They've also gone all in on the visa ban, but that's just one issue, one case. Trump is bigger than a single issue, and with substantial change promised, there will be many more lawsuits to come on a myriad of issues, as oxen get gored. He's doing just fine.

birlinn
02-06-2017, 01:49 PM
There's one big dumb ox due for a goring.
He won't like the UK parliament's speaker at the moment either.

TomF
02-06-2017, 01:55 PM
Surely Trump supporters aren't very pleased that Trump's approval ratings at this stage of his Presidency are lower than any of his predecessors.

I'm sure that they have Faith that Trump's going to be proved enormously right - but Trump's objective lagging behind other Presidents quite obviously troubles The Orange Guy himself. Otherwise, what was all that lying muck for respecting inaugural crowds, etc.? Isn't it ironic that Trump's supporters are so much more certain of the guy's "success" than Trump himself?

Bobcat
02-06-2017, 01:57 PM
Trump is proving he cannot pour water from a boot with instructions on the heel. Only fools and the self-deluded are claiming he is getting anything done.

Whatever support he had is fading fast. Soon it will be impossible to find anyone who admits to supporting him.

Jim Bow
02-06-2017, 01:58 PM
In the Times article the point out that Trump's working day ends at 6:30. President Obama was usually reading and working till 1a.m.
Of course, Trump has Bannon doing the dictation, he just signs the documents.

TomF
02-06-2017, 02:01 PM
I remember reading that during WW2, Churchill would not just have a little nap in the afternoon but a full-on sleep. Into his pajamas, into bed, and out. Churchill realized that he wasn't a young man, and that to cope with the enormous demands of the office he needed to be that intentional with his rest.

After his sleep, Churchill would get up, shave, and spend most of the evening working.

isla
02-06-2017, 02:02 PM
In the Times article the point out that Trump's working day ends at 6:30.

He probably sleeps until 03:30 then gets up for a tweeting session :d

Chris Coose
02-06-2017, 02:37 PM
Of course, Trump has Bannon doing the dictation, he just signs the documents.
And senior advisor, Ms Conway who is spending her day trying to cover alt. facts regarding the horrific BG massacre which, as it turns out, she rehearsed a number of times before she was busted.......... Once again.
Do these people have any adult supervisors?

TomF
02-06-2017, 02:42 PM
If you've worked in "news" and "communications" contexts that have some significant things in common with comic book publishing, it must be difficult to adjust to the demands of the existence of actual reality.

I'm increasingly feeling very sorry for Trump. Hellish way to end out his life.

oznabrag
02-06-2017, 02:48 PM
If you've worked in "news" and "communications" contexts that have some significant things in common with comic book publishing, it must be difficult to adjust to the demands of the existence of actual reality.

I'm increasingly feeling very sorry for Trump. Hellish way to end out his life.

You are a much better man than I, Mr. F.

I would be delighted to see Mssrs. Trump, Bannon, Pence, Gorka and the majority of the Republican Party end out their lives in the poverty and standards of heallth care they would condemn the rest of us to.

On pay per view TV.

The revenue thus generated could fund relief for trans-sexual lesbians.

TomF
02-06-2017, 02:55 PM
I think the guy is mentally ill, and is now in a position where his mental illness is being triggered all the time. Not evil, just really not well. And IMO being played by people who are closer to genuine evil, who are interested in promoting their own causes.

I figure that Ivanka actually does care about her father, and likely Jared does also. That they are the only ones who genuinely want the guy to have some mental balance, and believe that there are actual positive things he could do were he kept balanced. But Bannon? Conway? To a lesser extent, Pence? If Trump actually explodes, that's a "plus."

Trump's a tragic figure, however much his mental illness and his writhing and flopping is causing serious damage. Having him in the Oval Office is the opposite of kindness to him; would be unsurprised to find it gets him flirting with suicidal thoughts if he lasts a year.

Sky Blue
02-06-2017, 03:07 PM
It has been the best two weeks for conservatives since probably the 2002 Mid-Term election, and probably going back to Reagan, quite frankly. It's been fabulous.

Shh. Don't tell Cris.

This has to be the best fortnight conservatives have had in at least a decade, and probably well before that. It’s difficult to recall a two-week period where so much of the conservative agenda has been advanced as far and as rapidly as we have seen now. While conservatives can rightly criticize the implementation of the travel pause and other stumbles in the new administration, and while other fights loom — especially infrastructure and entitlement reform — we have to also acknowledge that Trump has delivered far more than conservatives dared hope. So far, so good, but to be clear … we won’t get tired of winning in the future.

http://hotair.com/archives/2017/02/03/report-card-conservatives-just-had-their-best-fortnight-in-a-decade/