PDA

View Full Version : Don - Or any other Flashlight Guru

JTA
02-02-2017, 10:41 AM
Hey Don,
I walk my pup at 4:15 each morning. There is a little traffic so I have been carrying a Romisen RC-N3 (CR123) to get the attention of the driver. It is bright enough that when I flash it across their windshield it gets their attention, but doesn't blind them. I normally just turn the light on for 20 seconds or so as the car approaches.
The Romisen has crapped out. So I am looking for another light for walking and occasional use. I don't mind the CR123, I do not currently have any 18650 style batteries.
My budget is between $25 and $60

Do you have any recommendations for a replacement?

Jack

Dumah
02-02-2017, 10:51 AM
Minimag.............$21 Cdn

Dumah

phiil
02-02-2017, 10:58 AM
I also take a pre-dawn walk of about three miles, two-thirds of which is on the road. I like a $15 hardware store LED headlamp. Hands-free, dimmable, and its 3 AAA batteries have been working since November.

lupussonic
02-02-2017, 11:26 AM
Petzl make great pro headlamps.

BrianW
02-02-2017, 04:03 PM
My biggest gripe with newer flashlights is the strobe feature that seems to be a mandatory feature these days. When working on the helicopter I turn my flashlight on/off a lot. I hate having it come on in strobe mode all the time.

pipefitter
02-03-2017, 01:55 AM
My biggest gripe with newer flashlights is the strobe feature that seems to be a mandatory feature these days. When working on the helicopter I turn my flashlight on/off a lot. I hate having it come on in strobe mode all the time.

The Convoy I own, that feature is programmable to be bypassed. Turn it on low, wait for it to pause, and hold the button at a half click off for a few seconds. From there on it turns on automatically to low, next click is middle and then high.