• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jim Bow
    Normcore
    • Jul 2008

President Bannon?

Is Bannon dictating policy to Trump?
    Everything happening seems to be right off the pages of Breitbart.

Most Presidents have had constitutional law experts on their staffs. Those experts would have put the kibosh on this whole Muslim ban, and would have advised him on the proper ways to get the results he wanted. Bannon doesn't care.
    “Come, come, my conservative friend, wipe the dew off your spectacles and see the world is moving" - Elizabeth Cady Stanton
  • Jim Bow
    Normcore
    • Jul 2008

Re: President Bannon?

An executive order cannot subvert the Constitution. Most Presidents know this.
    “Come, come, my conservative friend, wipe the dew off your spectacles and see the world is moving" - Elizabeth Cady Stanton

Comment

• LeeG
      • May 2002

Can't wait to hear DTs plan to defeat ISIS next month. Why didn't Obama have the Pentagon draw up a plan? It'll be a huge plan. Prepare yourself.

Comment

• John Smith
        • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Coastwatcher
        You're surprised Trump is doing exactly what he said he would do during the campaign? I know it's unusual for a president to actually do what he promised to do, but then again Trump isn't a politician. He actually believes what he says and also believes it's what the people who elected him want him to do. He doesn't need Bannon, or anyone else, to tell him that. And doing it by executive order rather than waiting on Congress is simply following his predecessor's lead.
        So far, this order hasn't been upheld by the courts. But what do they know? Then there's this http://www.nydailynews.com/news/poli...icle-1.2958588
        "Banning books in spite of the 1st amendment, but refusing to regulate guns in spite of "well regulated militia' being in the 2nd amendment makes no sense. Can't think of anyone ever shot by a book

Comment

• skuthorp
          • Jan 2002

Originally posted by Jim Bow
          Donald isn't "most presidents", he's a businessman of dubious ethics who reckons he's in charge, he's the President and has a rubber stamp back up in the GOP. I do not think that he has much respect for the law, after all with his history are you surprised? And I don't think he'll be gainstayed by what he sees as semantics and legalese to be got around by either ignoring it or continuous legal actions. And he has very deep pockets in the US treasury with which to fight.
          Don't expect the USSC to ride to the rescue any time soon, they were neutralised when Obama could not appoint a replacement judge.

Comment

• mariner2k
            • Jan 2002

I would think that could be used as evidence possibly.

Comment

• jack grebe
              Misunderstood
              • Feb 2001

Originally posted by Jim Bow
              No where in the constitution does it mention the nuclear option.......

He is dying to push the button!
              Originally posted by George Jung
              Don't under-estimate Jack. He's purty damned talented

Comment

• Cuyahoga Chuck
                # 7727
                • Dec 2003

Originally posted by Coastwatcher
                You're surprised Trump is doing exactly what he said he would do during the campaign? I know it's unusual for a president to actually do what he promised to do, but then again Trump isn't a politician. He actually believes what he says and also believes it's what the people who elected him want him to do. He doesn't need Bannon, or anyone else, to tell him that. And doing it by executive order rather than waiting on Congress is simply following his predecessor's lead.
                Do you find that comforting? It appears to me that he doesn't know what the hell he is doing. Making the craft of politics into a perjorative is dumb. The future of our nation depends on having bright people with such skills to lead the way. What we have elected is a old man with a narcissistic view of himself. He may be in the early stages of brain fade already. It's difficult to judge because he is so erratic.

Comment

Working...