PDA

View Full Version : Do you think the Dems are spreading ISIS propaganda?

genglandoh
01-28-2017, 12:38 PM
Trump has said he was going to issue a EO immigration ban on war torn countries that have terrorists.
The Dems since the beginning has been saying this is a ban on the Muslim religion.
How that Trump has signed the EO immigration ban for all people from 7 war torn countries the Dems continue repeating their lies.

I think the Dems that repeats these lies are helping ISIS spread their propaganda.
What do you think?

Chris Coose
01-28-2017, 12:47 PM
To who? You? Steven Bannon? Alex Jones?

Keith Wilson
01-28-2017, 12:48 PM
If I said what I think I'd get banned. You wish to condemn more innocent people to misery and death. If this is not evil, I don't know what is. It is also the best argument ISIS has, because it's true.

genglandoh
01-28-2017, 12:53 PM
If I said what I think I'd get banned. You wish to condemn more innocent people to misery and death. If this is not evil, I don't know what is. It is also the best argument ISIS has, because it's true.

Obama condemned this innocent people to misery and death by
1. Pulling our troops out of Iraq
2. Ignoring the build up of ISIS.
3. Allowing the Syrian Government to use chemical weapons
4. Ignoring the Arab spring when Democracy was starting to bloom in the middle east.

Glen Longino
01-28-2017, 01:09 PM
"What do you think?"

I think Trump is despicable and you are his heel hound!

genglandoh
01-28-2017, 01:22 PM
"What do you think?"

I think Trump is despicable and you are his heel hound!

Do you think Trump is banning just Muslins or he is banning all people from 7countries?

Glen Longino
01-28-2017, 01:29 PM
Do you think Trump is banning just Muslins or he is banning all people from 7countries?

I told you what I think!
"Trump is despicable and you are his heel hound!"

LeeG
01-28-2017, 01:45 PM

Your argument in the OP is so deeply flawed as to not merit a response but on this question Trump has said he will favor Christian refugees. Run that past your rhetorical reflex.

G.Sherman
01-28-2017, 01:55 PM
1. Pulling our troops out of Iraq-- Bonehead, that deal was brokered by Bush.
2. Ignoring the build up of ISIS.-- The buildup and creation of ISIS is on the heads of Bush, Cheney and Rumsfeld.
3. Allowing the Syrian Government to use chemical weapons- Those weapons are most likely the real life benefits of their friendship with Russia.
4. Ignoring the Arab spring when Democracy was starting to bloom in the middle east.-- Arab Spring was crushed by the countries controlling the military, they are too corrupt to be able to lighten their control.

Please, pull head out of ass, clean your glasses and find some place to sleep it off.

C. Ross
01-28-2017, 01:56 PM
Yes! Yes! Yes!

You're absolutely right!!!

THERE IS A MASSIVE CONSPIRACY AMONG EVERYONE WHO DIDN'T FOR TRUMP TO TEAR THE COUNTRY APART BY TURNING OUR BACK ON OUR CONSTITUTION AND VALUES.

Oh wait, it's the crypto-fascist Steve Bannon and his play thing Donald Trump who are doing that.

Seriously sir. Step away from the paranoia. You seem to have lost your grip.

Jim Mahan
01-28-2017, 02:02 PM
Do you think conservatives have been the main drag on all human progress since the first liberal tried to coax the first conservative down from that tree in Sub-Saharan Africa?

Do you think there is any valid reason for not understanding the conservative's efforts in the United States as both horribly flawed, criminally insane and inhumane, in addition to being the primary reason for the poverty, income and wealth disparity, social injustice, institutional racism, failure of infrastructure, water pollution, air pollution, dioxins, PBAs, over-fishing, habit detruction, species extinction, and epidemic halitosis etc. in our country?

Do you think ...

Garret
01-28-2017, 02:06 PM
And he just happens to not ban immigrants from the countries where he has business interests. Are you really this naive?

Chris Smith porter maine
01-28-2017, 02:07 PM

Well let's see according to wiki
Iran 99.4%
Iraq 97%
Syria 90%
Yemen 100%
Libya 100%
Sudan 97%
Somalia 100%
The only country on the list with a significant non Muslim population is Syria, so your being disingenuous at best.

oznabrag
01-28-2017, 02:14 PM
2. Ignoring the build up of ISIS.-- The buildup and creation of ISIS is on the heads of Bush, Cheney and Rumsfeld.
3. Allowing the Syrian Government to use chemical weapons- Those weapons are most likely the real life benefits of their friendship with Russia.
4. Ignoring the Arab spring when Democracy was starting to bloom in the middle east.-- Arab Spring was crushed by the countries controlling the military, they are too corrupt to be able to lighten their control.

Please, pull head out of ass, clean your glasses and find some place to sleep it off.

HEY! It's a fine thing to see you posting, sir!

Keep up the good work!

LeeG
01-28-2017, 02:27 PM

I just couldn't muster the energy to respond to his misunderstandings. Wrt chemical weapon attacks there is sufficient publically available information to implicate IS using crude chemical weapon rockets so as to bring the US into an anti Assad military commitment and that Israel helped promote that narrative. While Assad may have used Chlorine the US, Russia and other countries did put together a successful removal of Syrias CW facilities and chemicals.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Destruction_of_Syria's_chemical_weapons

Glen Longino
01-28-2017, 02:31 PM
HEY! It's a fine thing to see you posting, sir!

Keep up the good work!

+1...

genglandoh
01-31-2017, 10:29 AM
Well let's see according to wiki
Iran 99.4%
Iraq 97%
Syria 90%
Yemen 100%
Libya 100%
Sudan 97%
Somalia 100%
The only country on the list with a significant non Muslim population is Syria, so your being disingenuous at best.

There are many MORE countries with high Muslim populations that are not on the ban.
Try not to be so stupid.

David G
01-31-2017, 10:34 AM
Well... I think SOMEBODY is spreading SOME sort of propaganda...

PatCassidy
01-31-2017, 10:41 AM
Trump has said he was going to issue a EO immigration ban on war torn countries that have terrorists.
The Dems since the beginning has been saying this is a ban on the Muslim religion.
How that Trump has signed the EO immigration ban for all people from 7 war torn countries the Dems continue repeating their lies.

I think the Dems that repeats these lies are helping ISIS spread their propaganda.
What do you think?

I think you are quite confused.

Norman Bernstein
01-31-2017, 10:44 AM

Stop and think, for a moment.

There has not been a single terrorist in this country who has come from any of these seven countries... not one.

Yes, the countries are majority Muslim.

Yes, Trump has said that he would give precedence to Christians from Syria... a clear violation of the Constitution.

Yes, Muslim majority countries who are not on the list include countries where Trump has business interests.

You do not have to be Fellini to understand what this is all about. It was summed up nicely, in this post:

“Trump’s top advisors on immigration, including chief strategist Steve Bannon and senior advisor Stephen Miller, see themselves as launching a radical experiment to fundamentally transform how the U.S. decides who is allowed into the country and to block a generation of people who, in their view, won’t assimilate into American society. That project may live or die in the next three months, as the Trump administration reviews whether and how to expand the visa ban and alter vetting procedures. White House aides are considering new, onerous security checks that could effectively limit travel into the U.S. by people from majority-Muslim countries to a trickle.”

This is ALL about a ban on Muslims.. it has nothing to do with terrorism.

Now, tell us: do you think that Muslims are incapable of assimilating into American society?

genglandoh
01-31-2017, 12:32 PM
Just to be clear Obama had selected these same countries for special travel restrictions.

Title: How the Trump administration chose the 7 countries in the immigration executive orderIn December 2015, President Obama signed into law a measure placing limited restrictions on certain travelers who had visited Iran, Iraq, Sudan, or Syria on or after March 1, 2011. Two months later, the Obama administration added (https://www.dhs.gov/news/2016/02/18/dhs-announces-further-travel-restrictions-visa-waiver-program) Libya, Somalia, and Yemen to the list,in what it called an effort to address "the growing threat from foreign terrorist fighters."
Link: http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/29/politics/how-the-trump-administration-chose-the-7-countries/index.html

Norman Bernstein
01-31-2017, 12:42 PM
Just to be clear Obama had selected these same countries for special travel restrictions.

Title: How the Trump administration chose the 7 countries in the immigration executive orderIn December 2015, President Obama signed into law a measure placing limited restrictions on certain travelers who had visited Iran, Iraq, Sudan, or Syria on or after March 1, 2011. Two months later, the Obama administration added (https://www.dhs.gov/news/2016/02/18/dhs-announces-further-travel-restrictions-visa-waiver-program) Libya, Somalia, and Yemen to the list,in what it called an effort to address "the growing threat from foreign terrorist fighters."
Link: http://www.cnn.com/2017/01/29/politics/how-the-trump-administration-chose-the-7-countries/index.html

Unfortunately, you're confused... but I'm not surprised.

Obama's ban had to do with people whose travel patterns indicated a possibility of radicalization.

It did NOT include refugee families who have spent YEARS in what is already 'extreme' vetting.... people who have first submitted to an exhaustive UN vetting process, BEFORE being recommended to the US, where they've undergone extensive interviews and background checks by no less than FIVE US intelligence agencies. Trump's insistence on extreme vetting is a canard, a falsehood intended to suck in people like you who don't bother to think for yourself and investigate the truth. The process is ALREADY 'extreme'.

It was so incredibly sad, to see the video of a Iranian family... father, mother, two small children... who had gone through this process, were accepted, sold their home and quit their jobs, in full expectation that they had done EVERYTHING necessary to come to the US... and now, sitting in an airport waiting lounge, faced with the requirement to return to Iran, but now with no home or jobs... and the likelihood of repercussions and resentment from the Iranian government... people who trusted the US to keep it's word.

They're not terrorists.

Yes, ISIS propaganda is indeed being spread... it's being created by the actions of Trump and his cohorts, giving ISIS an enormous opportunity to radicalize more people.

oznabrag
01-31-2017, 01:02 PM
. . .
Yes, ISIS propaganda is indeed being spread... it's being created by the actions of Trump and his cohorts, giving ISIS an enormous opportunity to radicalize more people.

Which is the entire intent and purpose of this EO.

The second someone like geng starts accusing the Democrats of doing something untoward or distasteful, it is like a flashing neon sign that says the so-called Republicans are doing it.

Daniel Noyes
01-31-2017, 01:05 PM
To who? You? Steven Bannon? Alex Jones?

to the World... via Left leaning mainstream media coverage... you libs don't see that this is what is happening???

birlinn
01-31-2017, 02:48 PM
The UK's home secretary thinks that Trump's actions are a boost for ISIS.
I don't think our Conservative government is left leaning.

However, by The Donald's standards, anyone who disagrees with him must be.
Has to be.
True!

Norman Bernstein
01-31-2017, 02:56 PM
They've lost their minds over in Britain. By this logic, we should not vet anyone at all, on the theory that ISIS would then be unhappy and have no propaganda tool.

Good thinking!

Pretzel logic.

Trump's war on Muslims is a phenomenal propaganda tool... how does ISIS recruit? By picturing the US as the 'Evil Empire', out to destroy Islam... and every act we perform to discriminate against Muslims reinforces the belief, and generates converts.

Israel does the same thing: every time they bulldoze a Palestinian family's home, and build a settlement on the land for Jews only, they reinforce the impression (which is the truth, as it happens) that Israel wants to eradicate Palestinians from 'Judea and Samaria'.

And people wonder why they don't just give up, lay down, and permit Israel to run right over them.

Peerie Maa
01-31-2017, 03:05 PM
^ I think Bluey has lost it. Tickets to La La Land anyone?