PDA

View Full Version : For Norman

Joe (SoCal)
01-26-2017, 12:56 PM
Comedians in cars getting coffee - LEWIS BLACK !!!

http://comediansincarsgettingcoffee.com/lewis-black-at-what-point-am-i-out-from-under

amish rob
01-26-2017, 01:01 PM
I saw Seinfeld talking about this show. Apparently, nobody wanted to touch it when he proposed it, and he was bummed. I remember him wondering what a person had to do in that biz to prove they could carry a show? Hehe.

Oh, well, Joke's on everyone!

Peace,
Robert

Norman Bernstein
01-26-2017, 01:18 PM
Thanks, Joe... I intended to watch it last night when it aired, but had to attend to my Mom for a few things... I figured I'd get it 'on demand' tonight, but WTF, I just watched it.

I love Lewis Black! :)

Joe (SoCal)
01-26-2017, 01:46 PM
Thanks, Joe... I intended to watch it last night when it aired, but had to attend to my Mom for a few things... I figured I'd get it 'on demand' tonight, but WTF, I just watched it.

I love Lewis Black! :)

It's all in the fingers. The fingers are like fireworks :D

Norman Bernstein
01-26-2017, 01:50 PM
It's all in the fingers. The fingers are like fireworks :D

Hehehehehe.... I actually think his essential tremor ( a minor medical problem he suffers with) actually HELPS his comedy! :)

Figment
01-26-2017, 02:57 PM
I love comedians in cars. So many of them are just effing brilliant.

A while ago I kinda thought Lewis Black had lost his edge. He seems to have regained it recently though, so maybe he was just bored after 6 years of Obama and needed a Trump-start.

Norman Bernstein
01-26-2017, 03:06 PM
I love comedians in cars. So many of them are just effing brilliant.

A while ago I kinda thought Lewis Black had lost his edge. He seems to have regained it recently though, so maybe he was just bored after 6 years of Obama and needed a Trump-start.

I might agree with you. I have three of his scripted stage shows dating back to the mid-2000's, and they were fantastic... hysterically funny, at every turn. His last two HBO specials were a bit dissapointing... and I saw him live, in the Wilbur Theater in Boston last year, and admit that he wasn't quite as funny as he's been, at his best.

On the other hand, when he fully scripts a piece, like he does for his occasional Daily Show appearances, he's still at the top of his form... I can't think of a single Daily Show appearance which wasn't well written and bitingly funny!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sE3MPHBJkcQ

Gerarddm
01-26-2017, 04:37 PM
#7: That clip is very funny.

Lordy lordy lordy... imagine what Sam Kinnison could have done with this had he still been alive. Or Hunter S. Thompson!

CWSmith
01-26-2017, 07:12 PM
That was excellent! Thank you.