PDA

View Full Version : BROTM Doodle again.

amish rob
01-25-2017, 01:29 PM
http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h62/kitchenfiddle/IMG_1582_zpsxxk4w5u4.jpg (http://s61.photobucket.com/user/kitchenfiddle/media/IMG_1582_zpsxxk4w5u4.jpg.html)
Well, well, well. Three holes in the ground. :)

The numbness in my leg was obviously a precursor of what was to come, but I thought I could self therapy through.
Nope.
Some inversion and some back cracking and I'm feeling better.
Feeling slightly poorer, too.
Did you know chiro isn't medicine? And, even if you blow out discs and crack bones, it's still just lumbago. Yep. All older people get it, it's all lumped in the same category. Sore lower back.
What?!
Insurance is dumb.

Anyway. Bet you're all happy I can see straight today, eh? :)

Peace,
Emperor Two Legs, Again, Mostly...

Jimmy W
01-25-2017, 01:51 PM
He's a toothy fellow. ;)
Glad to hear you are feeling a bit better.

bob winter
01-25-2017, 01:54 PM
What now? Chiro is a dangerous thing, good friend of mine ended on long term disability because a bad spinal manipulation.

amish rob
01-25-2017, 02:03 PM
What now? Chiro is a dangerous thing, good friend of mine ended on long term disability because a bad spinal manipulation.
Well, the doctor offers only dope. Nobody wants to operate on it, because it probably won't help. And we don't have great insurance. And we're not rich. And what we did have has already been sunk into my back.
The Chiro and DPT offer stretches, massage, and, yes, manipulation.
Pushing that crud back in line sure does help more than dope. Dope makes me useless. And feel terrible.

Strength and flexibility are the keys to movement, and movement is life. I'm going to go for a walk today, on uneven ground, because my leg's not asleep anymore.:)

Peace,
Robert

bob winter
01-25-2017, 02:06 PM
Hopefully the leg stays awake. Have good walk.

amish rob
01-25-2017, 02:20 PM
Meh. It's a burning fuse, Bob. Only so many resets left, you know? That's why I burn the candle at all three ends. I know, if I live long enough, I WILL be unable to work my leg(s).
I have very limited nerve tissue operating, and that will probably only degrade.
The good part is the blown out part of one disc sort of cushions the bones from the nerve. When this guy slips, I feel the pressure. So, a little inversion, a little softening up of the "defense" muscles, and slip you back in line...

I really did not mean to disparage "doctors", either. I certainly DID mean to disparage our so called health care system.
I have benefited from doctors many times in my life. The fantastic hamburger MRI machine I got to do my last back scans in, for example. My own emergency appendectomy these years ago. My mother's heart surgery. Father in laws knee replacement. I am truly thankful for all these wonders.

I am very happy there are people who enjoy healing other people.

Peace,
Robert

amish rob
01-25-2017, 02:21 PM
He's a toothy fellow. ;)
Glad to hear you are feeling a bit better.

What? You never met a guy what flosses his eyes? :)
Thanks, Jimmy.

Peace,
Robert

bob winter
01-25-2017, 02:43 PM
I really did not mean to disparage "doctors", either. I certainly DID mean to disparage our so called health care system.
I have benefited from doctors many times in my life. The fantastic hamburger MRI machine I got to do my last back scans in, for example. My own emergency appendectomy these years ago. My mother's heart surgery. Father in laws knee replacement. I am truly thankful for all these wonders.

I am very happy there are people who enjoy healing other people.

Peace,
Robert

The health care system in the US is far from what I would classify as satisfactory. Not to say the Canadian system is the be all and end all but it is a way ahead of what a lot of your fellow citizens seem to have. My wife went through a bout of minor cancer in 2015. No cost to us for anything apart from a few minor prescription costs. I was just reading on the CBC website about a case in Ontario that involved removing the lungs from a young lady and keeping her alive for six days pending the arrival of a suitable replacement set. Seems her own lungs were badly infected and the infection was starting to kill off other organs. I don't even want to contemplate what the cost of that procedure was but I doubt that she or her husband will be very much out of pocket. I realize that I am contributing in very small way to her treatment but that is what our system is all about.

amish rob
01-25-2017, 02:49 PM
The health care system in the US is far from what I would classify as satisfactory. Not to say the Canadian system is the be all and end all but it is a way ahead of what a lot of your fellow citizens seem to have. My wife went through a bout of minor cancer in 2015. No cost to us for anything apart from a few minor prescription costs. I was just reading on the CBC website about a case in Ontario that involved removing the lungs from a young lady and keeping her alive for six days pending the arrival of a suitable replacement set. Seems her own lungs were badly infected and the infection was starting to kill off other organs. I don't even want to contemplate what the cost of that procedure was but I doubt that she or her husband will be very much out of pocket. I realize that I am contributing in very small way to her treatment but that is what our system is all about.

Heck, yes! We have some of the best medicine in the world here, if you can afford it...

My father in law is a vet suffering from AO, so his was free. My mom's heart surgery a few years back bankrupted her.

It's crazy, really. Ah, well. Nothing is perfect.

Peace,
Robert

TomF
01-25-2017, 03:12 PM
I get the sense that if I got the megapixel version of the doodle, every one of those whiskers turn out to be little mouths too. Mouths all the way down, so to speak. :D

Listening would be tough, but shaving would be tougher.

David G
01-25-2017, 03:49 PM
I have this vague sense... I have no idea where it might come from... that all those mouths are somehow a parody of those here who might be a bit 'mouthy'. I don't know what that goofy thought pops up, and I certainly can't THINK of anyone here like that. But maybe I'm just mis-rememberating. Can you?

amish rob
01-25-2017, 03:53 PM
I get the sense that if I got the megapixel version of the doodle, every one of those whiskers turn out to be little mouths too. Mouths all the way down, so to speak. :D

Listening would be tough, but shaving would be tougher.

All the world's a mouth...:d

Peace,
Ben Jonson (doh!)

amish rob
01-25-2017, 04:00 PM
I have this vague sense... I have no idea where it might come from... that all those mouths are somehow a parody of those here who might be a bit 'mouthy'. I don't know what that goofy thought pops up, and I certainly can't THINK of anyone here like that. But maybe I'm just mis-rememberating. Can you?

Whoa, whoa, whoa. I keep telling you guys, these are just doodles. Simple little calisthenics to keep my hand and eye sharp. To keep the juice flowing, if you will.

Can you possible THINK of even ONE piece of art, or so called art, was ever ABOUT anything? Artist are just silly dreamers, like musicians. I don't have a care. Heck, I don't even pay attention to any important stuff. I spend my time prancing around in the grassy meadows singing to the happy little trees, scribbling on paper like a trained ape.

Hey. I like that. Trained Ape. Hehe. Hoo, hoo, hooo!

Wait, were you saying something, David? I wasn't listening. :d

Peace,
Emperor For Life, aka Scribbles the Clown

TomF
01-25-2017, 04:06 PM
Here I thought it was a deep exploration of consumerism. (Either that or a toothpaste ad.)

amish rob
01-25-2017, 04:07 PM
Here I thought it was a deep exploration of consumerism. (Either that or a toothpaste ad.)
Brush your eyes! :)

Peace,
Robert

TomF
01-25-2017, 04:10 PM
"Some things can't be unseen," but that doesn't mean you can't take a whack at it.

David G
01-25-2017, 04:41 PM

Well... I thought that whole 'mouthy' thing was only the obvious surface meaning - which overlaid a deeper subtle poke at solipsism. But I wasn't going to attempt THAT deep a dive with THIS mob. I've been burned before... and besides, SkyBlooie or bbbbbbys would just come along and imply that anyone who finished high school is a pernicious poopoohead.

TomF
01-25-2017, 04:44 PM
If I can't spell it, I can't be it. :D

amish rob
01-25-2017, 04:46 PM
1,2,3, Not It! ;)

Peace,
Robert

amish rob
01-25-2017, 04:49 PM
Well... I thought that whole 'mouthy' thing was only the obvious surface meaning - which overlaid a deeper subtle poke at solipsism. But I wasn't going to attempt THAT deep a dive with THIS mob. I've been burned before... and besides, SkyBlooie or bbbbbbys would just come along and imply that anyone who finished high school is a pernicious poopoohead.

Well. To be fair, I think Sky Blue probably gets the stupid humor. He may not like it, but I think he can appreciate it.
bobbys is just gonna b mad because there's still no tank. Don't worry, bobbys, I got a tank on tap for you.
Hey, I take requests from everyone. :)

Peace,
Emperor for Life

David G
01-25-2017, 04:51 PM

Even polite partakers of Poutine can spell poopoohead. Imagine you're speaking to a hockey foe. <G>

amish rob
01-25-2017, 04:55 PM
Even polite partakers of Poutine can spell poopoohead. Imagine you're speaking to a hockey foe. <G>
Or lacrosse, eh?

Peace,
Just Regular Old Curdless Fries

TomF
01-25-2017, 04:55 PM
It's the pernish, parnooshi, pernodishous word I can't cope with. I before E, except after something...

David G
01-25-2017, 05:47 PM
Well. To be fair, I think Sky Blue probably gets the stupid humor. He may not like it, but I think he can appreciate it.
bobbys is just gonna b mad because there's still no tank. Don't worry, bobbys, I got a tank on tap for you.
Hey, I take requests from everyone. :)

Peace,
Emperor for Life

Wait - you have another version of THIS Art fellow... who'll soon be wearing a tank-top? I've known bbbbbbys a long time (he's my neighbor, yanno... though most of the neighbors don't like to admit it) and I don't think that'll do it. You'll need to graft on the head of Sarah or Kellyanneconway. If you do that... THEN he might accept a tank-top version. Maybe. As long as he doesn't think Glen approves, or that I suggested it. :rolleyes:

Garret
01-25-2017, 07:22 PM
Hope the Chiro helps! It's been a lifesaver for me. However, My BC/BS insurance covers it. It counts towards my deductible & then gets paid once the deductible is reached (usually about Dec. 23rd) - 12 visits/year unless I get more requested by my doctor.

That's a toothy grin - or is it gummy ears?

amish rob
01-25-2017, 07:32 PM
Hope the Chiro helps! It's been a lifesaver for me. However, My BC/BS insurance covers it. It counts towards my deductible & then gets paid once the deductible is reached (usually about Dec. 23rd) - 12 visits/year unless I get more requested by my doctor.

That's a toothy grin - or is it gummy ears?

Oh, chiro helps, but I really only go when I get a slippage. I do a pretty involved regimen of PT exercises everyday.

Our insurance system is odd in that not all insurance policies are the same, and not are they honored everywhere.

I don't think food production nor health care should be run as businesses, but I'm simple.

The ears it was. I thought of mouths for ears, and it was all over for me. :)

Peace,
Robert

Garret
01-25-2017, 09:46 PM
Ditto for me on only going when I need to & agree that health care needs to change. I'm sure the new administration will make it more available & fairer for all. Food is a tougher one. I have huge respect for farmers, but not so much for a lot of the middlemen. At least for dairy we have some good coops around here.

amish rob
01-25-2017, 09:52 PM
Ditto for me on only going when I need to & agree that health care needs to change. I'm sure the new administration will make it more available & fairer for all. Food is a tougher one. I have huge respect for farmers, but not so much for a lot of the middlemen. At least for dairy we have some good coops around here.

I endeavor to acquire all my food from people I know. I like to keep it as close to home as possible, and as clean.:)
I'm descended of farmers, and many of my friends are.

We might should look more closely at our ties to the Earth. It is us, after all, if only because all of our food comes from it.

Peace,
Robert

Garret
01-25-2017, 09:58 PM
I endeavor to acquire all my food from people I know. I like to keep it as close to home as possible, and as clean.:)
I'm descended of farmers, and many of my friends are.

We might should look more closely at our ties to the Earth. It is us, after all, if only because all of our food comes from it.

Peace,
Robert

See what I meant about washing & patchouli? ;)

amish rob
01-25-2017, 10:06 PM
See what I meant about washing & patchouli? ;)
Oh, man. I don't know if I said it here, or not, but that was FUNNY. I showed my wife and she laughed as loudly as I did.

Peace,
Still Laughing, and Still Not Ready to Wash

Garret
01-25-2017, 10:10 PM
Damn hippies.

Oh wait...