PDA

View Full Version : Trumpy responds to the Death March

Daniel Noyes
01-25-2017, 10:00 AM
Trumpy's response to the Pro-Abortion march on Washington... ?

he did not reflect the Hate, Negativity, Hysteria directed at him... Trumpy calmly cooly picked up his pen and signed a simple slip of paper:confused: but what could a flimsy pice of paper do?? you ask, well that slip and the Presidents pen have the ability to make Millions-Billion in Gov funding for NGO's abroad contingent on their adopting Pro Life best practices...

How do you like me now Womens March :ycool:

https://tse1.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIF.hPLKxXaDR29tKlfUiBnSmg&pid=15.1&P=0&w=243&h=163

LeeG
01-25-2017, 10:19 AM
This is a political football tossed back and forth with every switch in the party in office. The net result is less access to contraceptives and increase in unsafe abortions. The great legacy of American exceptionalism as expressed by the Christian Right. They know they're doing the right thing when it involves imposing their values on those with less power. Thanks for the reminder Dan, another $100 to NARAL.

Daniel Noyes
01-25-2017, 10:26 AM
This is a political football tossed back and forth with every switch in the party in office. The net result is less access to contraceptives and increase in unsafe abortions. The great legacy of American exceptionalism as expressed by the Christian Right. They know they're doing the right thing when it involves imposing their values on those with less power. Thanks for the reminder Dan, another $100 to NARAL.

Don't forget to mention tens- hundreds of thousands of lives... saved :D with the calm and efficient stroke of a Presidential pen!

http://cache3.asset-cache.net/gc/150638308-babies-sitting-on-floor-together-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=lpSEh3iDzL0NM3izrE0ypg1RwOry9lUHay3e%2fq8oPtk%3d

Keith Wilson
01-25-2017, 10:29 AM
Yep, Planned Parenthood and NARAL both. A 128-cell blastocyst is NOT a person deserving of legal rights. An 8-week fetus is NOT a person deserving of legal rights. An adult woman is. You can take your medieval religious nonsense and put where it belongs. Not in my country.

LeeG
01-25-2017, 10:34 AM
This policy switch is kind of like Trumps suspension of immigration from select Muslim countries, removing help from those in need.

Norman Bernstein
01-25-2017, 10:34 AM
Don't forget to mention tens- hundreds of thousands of lives... saved :D with the calm and efficient stroke of a Presidential pen!

Not to mention the increase in coat-hanger production.

LeeG
01-25-2017, 10:42 AM
Btw, the ops title is incorrect, DT is doing what previous Republican presidents have done. It's simply to secure political support of the Christian Right.

Steve McMahon
01-25-2017, 10:45 AM
I wonder when the emperor will let us know what jobs women will be allowed to do?

LeeG
01-25-2017, 10:47 AM
I wonder if Ivanka will be asked to comment

Peerie Maa
01-25-2017, 10:51 AM
I wonder when the emperor will let us know what jobs women will be allowed to do?

Cooking, cleaning, child minding?

Steve McMahon
01-25-2017, 11:05 AM
Cooking, cleaning, child minding?

Probably restricted from the pulpit too if he listens to his spiritual adviser, his buddy Franklin.

bob winter
01-25-2017, 11:35 AM
The US seems to go in circles a lot of the time. We have had the abortion, health care, death penalty and other issues sorted over the years. However, once things are decided, they are not changed every time a new party takes power. Our late, unlamented was pretty much a neo-con by Canadian standards but he had sense not reverse the past.

Shang
01-25-2017, 11:39 AM
Trumpy seems to be unable to keep his stumpy little fingers out of other people's pants.

PatCassidy
01-25-2017, 12:09 PM
I respect people's views who are pro-life. I also respect the views that are pro-choice. I don't respect the views of those that are against birth control. That alone was enough for me to leave the catholic church. To defund Planned Parenthood when post Roe vs Wade abortions have reached a low point does not make much sense.

Ed Harrow
01-25-2017, 12:31 PM
How do you like me now Womens March :ycool:

"But the saying is true, the empty vessel makes the greatest [Noise]."

Rum_Pirate
01-25-2017, 12:38 PM
I am Pro-Choice.

One reason I have is why should a woman (and family) be saddled with the emotional impact, the cost of bearing a child, the pain of giving birth to it, rearing it, the cost of feeding and clothing it and educating it, when it is a product of a rape by a man (my description) a 'piece of scum' who having inflicted the horror of rape just runs off (are most unlikely to be caught, and if so do they contribute to the cost) and does not contribute to the cost (exclude the emotional and role model element at present) of bringing up that child.

TRANSFERRED TO OWN THREAD "Pro-Choice"

LeeG
01-25-2017, 12:42 PM
Don't forget to mention tens- hundreds of thousands of lives... saved :D with the calm and efficient stroke of a Presidential pen!]

What this does is cut funding to clinics in Africa that provide education and birth control simply because they mention abortion as a choice not just perform them. No US aid money goes to funding abortions anyway. The net effect is to increase pregnancy and abortion.

The chauvinism and ignorance behind the Christian Right is tragic.

Daniel Noyes
01-25-2017, 12:55 PM
Yep, Planned Parenthood and NARAL both. A 128-cell blastocyst is NOT a person deserving of legal rights. An 8-week fetus is NOT a person deserving of legal rights. An adult woman is. You can take your medieval religious nonsense and put where it belongs. Not in my country.

actually Quickening was "medieval religious nonsense" the idea that a fetus becomes alive, a human with a soul, the first time the mother feels it kick...and it is "just a clump of tissue" before then...

http://cache3.asset-cache.net/gc/150638308-babies-sitting-on-floor-together-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=lpSEh3iDzL0NM3izrE0ypg1RwOry9lUHay3e%2fq8oPtk%3d

Keith Wilson
01-25-2017, 01:10 PM
Yeah, standard deceptive propaganda; show pictures of 6-month-old babies. This is not a debate on infanticide; I think that we can all agree that killing six-month old babies should be illegal - unless, of course, you want to repeal the ACA and take away their health insurance..

This is a miscarried 8-week fetus, a bit less than an inch long. It has nothing approaching human brain function, because it barely has a brain yet.

https://liveactionnews.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/Screen-Shot-2015-08-24-at-3.28.12-PM-700x355.png

So what's a 'soul'? How can you determine what has one? How do you know? How can you possibly justify making a law for everybody based on your idea of a 'soul'?

John of Phoenix
01-25-2017, 01:20 PM
This is a political football tossed back and forth with every switch in the party in office. The net result is less access to contraceptives and increase in unsafe abortions. The great legacy of American exceptionalism as expressed by the Christian Right. They know they're doing the right thing when it involves imposing their values on those with less power. Thanks for the reminder Dan, another $100 to NARAL.And another $100 for Planned Parenthood.

John of Phoenix
01-25-2017, 01:24 PM
And some for these folks when they get set up -

Up to 20 countries have indicated support for the Netherlands’ plan to set up an international safe abortion fund to plug a $600m funding gap caused by Donald Trump’s reinstatement of the “global gag rule”, the Dutch international development minister, Lilianne Ploumen, said on Wednesday.

https://www.theguardian.com/global-development/2017/jan/25/netherlands-trump-gag-rule-international-safe-abortion-fund

Bob Adams
01-25-2017, 01:53 PM
Are you really that dense? Stop insulting a good name.

Trumpy was a builder of fine wooden motor yachts.
http://backcreekyc.org/resources/Documents/2016/RUSTY-SU-Profile-Photo.jpg

Trump is the president of the United States.

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-Sv0q6lkSAGM/AAAAAAAAAAI/AAAAAAAAAY4/AMTATfeqra8/s0-c-k-no-ns/photo.jpg

LeeG
01-25-2017, 03:51 PM
Of course he's that dense. He wants to limit funding to health clinics in impoverished nations so that disease, limited access to family planning and abortions can increase. He truly is that dense. Just as Pence was eliminating needle share programs thereby allowing an AIDS outbreak to occur in a few counties of Indiana.

Jim Mahan
01-25-2017, 03:58 PM
PLease, Bob, warn a guy. And don't ever post that image again. Or at least make it only big enough to be an avatar.

Trumpies are boats. Trumpies are boats. Trumpies are boats. Trumpies are boats. Trumpies are boats. Trumpies are boats. Trumpies are boats. Trumpies are boats.

Bob Adams
01-25-2017, 04:03 PM
PLease, Bob, warn a guy. And don't ever post that image again. Or at least make it only big enough to be an avatar.

Trumpies are boats. Trumpies are boats. Trumpies are boats. Trumpies are boats. Trumpies are boats. Trumpies are boats. Trumpies are boats. Trumpies are boats.

Sorry. Trying to get his attention. I'm really fond of Trumpys and seeing the name misused kinda pi$$es me off!

LeeG
01-25-2017, 04:07 PM
And I'm in the building where they were made!

Bobcat
01-25-2017, 04:25 PM
Sorry. Trying to get his attention. I'm really fond of Trumpys and seeing the name misused kinda pi$$es me off!

and you know that's why it continues. Just another way to seek attention

PeterSibley
01-25-2017, 04:34 PM

Back to the 1930's and backyard abortions . My mother was a nurse in the 1930's and had some horrible tales about cleaning up after unqualified and self administered abortions. Trump's new America sounds like a dangerous place for a woman .

Chris Smith porter maine
01-25-2017, 04:34 PM
The thread is incredibly disturbing Daniel taking joy and trying to score trump points on the misery of millions of impoverished women and their families, disgusting.

Peerie Maa
01-25-2017, 05:46 PM
The thread is incredibly disturbing Daniel taking joy and trying to score trump points on the misery of millions of impoverished women and their families, disgusting.

That is why I no longer read his posts, unless someone quotes them. Many of his posts were beneath contempt, and I see that little has changed.

Garret
01-25-2017, 05:49 PM

This is why many agreed with the descriptor "deplorable".

isla
01-25-2017, 07:04 PM
Emboldened by the election the red brigade have increasingly allowed their inner nazi to creep out.

PeterSibley
01-25-2017, 07:31 PM
Emboldened by the election the red brigade have increasingly allowed their inner nazi to creep out.

https://swilliamsjd.files.wordpress.com/2016/12/neo-nazis.jpg

Dave Hadfield
01-25-2017, 07:35 PM
The Trumpy boat part was good though.

I'm using that.

Bob Adams
01-25-2017, 08:05 PM
The Trumpy boat part was good though.

I'm using that.

Permission granted!;)

Daniel Noyes
01-25-2017, 10:34 PM
Yeah, standard deceptive propaganda; show pictures of 6-month-old babies. This is not a debate on infanticide; I think that we can all agree that killing six-month old babies should be illegal - unless, of course, you want to repeal the ACA and take away their health insurance..

This is a miscarried 8-week fetus, a bit less than an inch long. It has nothing approaching human brain function, because it barely has a brain yet.

https://liveactionnews.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/Screen-Shot-2015-08-24-at-3.28.12-PM-700x355.png

So what's a 'soul'? How can you determine what has one? How do you know? How can you possibly justify making a law for everybody based on your idea of a 'soul'?

Wow... tough photo to look at but thanks for posting Keith. :(

In philosophy class we read an interesting article about abortion asking the question "is killing a Fetus the same as killing a person?" they approached the question by asking "is killing a acorn the same as killing an oak tree?" of course the knee jerk reaction is No it's not the same AT ALL end of discussion... but on closer and more thought full response we realized that there was some philosophical slight of hand at work, True a Towering oak tree is not a tiny ovoid acorn... but what are they both?... neither are Ash, neither are pine, or elephant... the acorn and the towering Oak tree are both OAK (Quercus) and if you kill a acorn or an oak tree you are killing Oak... not such a big deal we cut down oak trees all the time

PatCassidy
01-25-2017, 10:40 PM

In philosophy class we read an interesting article about abortion asking the question "is killing a Fetus the same as killing a person?" they approached the question by asking "is killing a acorn the same as killing an oak tree?" of course the knee jerk reaction is No it's not the same AT ALL end of discussion... but on closer and more thought full response we realized that there was some philosophical slight of hand at work, True a Towering oak tree is not a tiny ovoid acorn... but what are they both?... neither are Ash, neither are pine, or elephant... the acorn and the towering Oak tree are both OAK (Quercus) and if you kill a acorn or an oak tree you are killing Oak... not such a big deal we cut down oak trees all the time

Now you have crossed the line. Oak trees are being murdered to build wooden boats.

amish rob
01-25-2017, 10:45 PM

This was well said. You might get your passionate views across better with more posts like this.
The attack attack attack only puts people on the defensive, but expressing your thoughts or feelings to a person humanizes your viewpoint.
It's harder to discount a person if you start from the premise they are a human with feelings, and not just more angry words.
I don't mean to pick or single you out, but this is really a nice post. It shows you are a caring person with thoughts and feelings. Sometimes we humans talk at cross purposes because we don't listen, but sometimes it's because we don't say anything worth listening to.

Peace,
Emperor For Life
Who Rarely Says ANYTHING Worth Listening To :)

LeeG
01-25-2017, 10:47 PM

Goof ball reasoning

Keith Wilson
01-25-2017, 10:47 PM
I see you avoided dealing with my questions about the 'soul'. Well, never mind, I don't blame you. That may be a bit much for the Bilge. I do appreciate your civility; this is often a subject the produces a lot of ill will. I'll try to do the same.

An acorn is not an oak tree, nor is that fetus in the picture a baby yet. Some acorns eventually develop into oak trees, and some fertilized eggs will develop into a baby, given time and good luck. That doesn't tell us what we should do, nor does it particularly shed any light on whether abortions should be legal.

My own take on it is that what defines a human being is thought and consciousness. This is what makes us fundamentally different from spiders or pigs or chimpanzees (less different from chimpanzees, obviously), and we casually squash spiders and eat pigs. Thought and consciousness is a function of brain activity; it is something our brain does. Before it has that capability and after it is lost, whatever makes us ourselves doesn't occur. Higher brain function starts to happen in a developing fetus around the time of viability, 34-36 weeks or so (you can measure this with EEGs). Before that, no; the necessary circuitry just isn't in place yet. And this, as well as innumerable practical reasons, is why I think abortion should be legal at earlier stages of pregnancy.

I also think abortion is almost always best avoided if possible, and strongly support easy access to birth control and very, very comprehensive sex education for everybody.

Daniel Noyes
01-25-2017, 11:26 PM
I see you avoided dealing with my questions about the 'soul'. Well, never mind, I don't blame you. That may be a bit much for the Bilge. I do appreciate your civility; this is often a subject the produces a lot of ill will. I'll try to do the same.

An acorn is not an oak tree, nor is that fetus in the picture a baby yet. Some acorns eventually develop into oak trees, and some fertilized eggs will develop into a baby, given time and good luck. That doesn't tell us what we should do, nor does it particularly shed any light on whether abortions should be legal.

My own take on it is that what defines a human being is thought and consciousness. This is what makes us fundamentally different from spiders or pigs or chimpanzees (less different from chimpanzees, obviously), and we casually squash spiders and eat pigs. Thought and consciousness is a function of brain activity; it is something our brain does. Before it has that capability and after it is lost, whatever makes us ourselves doesn't occur. Higher brain function starts to happen in a developing fetus around the time of viability, 34-36 weeks or so (you can measure this with EEGs). Before that, no; the necessary circuitry just isn't in place yet. And this, as well as innumerable practical reasons, is why I think abortion should be legal at earlier stages of pregnancy.

I also think abortion is almost always best avoided if possible, and strongly support easy access to birth control and very, very comprehensive sex education for everybody.

As far as a Soul I get the sense that a Soul is a life force... so I guess any living human would have a soul... not a sperm and an egg but a distinct individual never existed before or again unique Human Life... regardless of age.

but to get back to the march...

https://scontent.fbed1-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/16113894_1012478972219473_2124862408679593388_n.jp g?oh=a91fca1daef1340b638428df0562f443&oe=5911CFB9
(https://www.facebook.com/RowdyConservatives/photos/a.217983685002343.55586.217926015008110/1012478972219473/?type=3)

Keith Wilson
01-25-2017, 11:39 PM
Well, I would say that it takes more than a unique combination of DNA to make a human individual with thought and consciousness.

But to get back to the march, that stupid fatuous cartoon bears not the slightest resemblance to the march that my wife and I and 100,000 other people attended. So much for civility. http://forums.liveleak.com/images/smilies/rolleyes.gif

WX
01-26-2017, 03:45 AM

Over 50,000 women die each year from botched abortions. Trump has just ensured a steep increase in that number.

WX
01-26-2017, 03:55 AM

You may well ask is potentially condemning a women to a slow and painful death at the hands of a backyard abortionist more important than ensuring the birth of an unwanted child?
Maybe when you talk about pro life you could ask yourself just what does that imply and just whose life you are being pro about?

Peerie Maa
01-26-2017, 05:11 AM
An acorn is not an oak tree, nor is that fetus in the picture a baby yet. Some acorns eventually develop into oak trees, and some fertilized eggs will develop into a baby, given time and good luck.
Yes, only about 30% will go to term, the rest are aborted naturally. Good luck is important and kind of puts the viability argument into perspective.

My own take on it is that what defines a human being is thought and consciousness.
<snip>
Higher brain function starts to happen in a developing fetus around the time of viability, 34-36 weeks or so (you can measure this with EEGs). Before that, no; the necessary circuitry just isn't in place yet. And this, as well as innumerable practical reasons, is why I think abortion should be legal at earlier stages of pregnancy.

Even tough the foetus is viable at about 30 weeks, it is still not fully developed. The brain continues to develop and rewire as it grows. Speech is hard wired by 8 years, the process only stops when the skull sutures fuse at about 18 for females and 22 for males. The last thing to be wired up is common sense and native caution, which is why girls are more mature than boys at 20. So the thought and consciousness bit is subjective as well.
So the viability argument is best settled by the experts after scientific debate. Which is what realistic, pragmatic nations do.

lupussonic
01-26-2017, 05:30 AM
Consensual sex leading to an unwanted pregnancy is one thing, but what about rape Daniel? I don't know if you have one, but suppose your 16 year old daughter is raped by 4 men.... Do you think you'd be so vehemently anti abortion then? If so, and she didn't want the pregnancy, you'd then condemn her to a back street abortion where some idiot is going to put a coat hanger inside her, potentially killing her, and at the very least traumatising her a second time.

Are you still so sure your ethics should be imposed on everyone else?

People are different Daniel, in different situations and in different places; 'one size fits all' enforced policy from a bunch of privileged white males over all of woman-kind is reduculous not to mention abhorrent in my view. You choose your rules for your house, that's your right, but don't come steaming into mine to tell me how mine MUST be run.

PeterSibley
01-26-2017, 05:48 AM
Yes, only about 30% will go to term, the rest are aborted naturally. Good luck is important and kind of puts the viability argument into perspective.

Even tough the foetus is viable at about 30 weeks, it is still not fully developed. The brain continues to develop and rewire as it grows. Speech is hard wired by 8 years, the process only stops when the skull sutures fuse at about 18 for females and 22 for males. The last thing to be wired up is common sense and native caution, which is why girls are more mature than boys at 20. So the thought and consciousness bit is subjective as well.
So the viability argument is best settled by the experts after scientific debate. Which is what realistic, pragmatic nations do.

Yes, God does a lot of aborting !

Keith Wilson
01-26-2017, 08:15 AM
Even though the foetus is viable at about 30 weeks, it is still not fully developed.Only with VERY fancy medical care and lots of luck, and even then it may result in pretty severe developmental problems. By 35 or 36 weeks the odds are quite good. This is something my wife deals with all the time at the hospital; people's decisions about whether to try to save a very very premature birth. Hard stuff.

But 'viability' is really a function of technology. 100 years ago babies born at 36 weeks usually died. Eventually, we'll probably be able to build an artificial womb that can take an egg fertilized in a dish and allow it to develop into a healthy infant. No help for the abortion issue there.

And to be honest, the fact that a majority of fertilized eggs fail to survive in the course of nature really doesn't tell us anything about whether performing an abortion is OK or not. Nature is not necessarily just.; what is is not necessarily right. Everybody dies eventually, but it's not OK to kill people.

Arizona Bay
01-26-2017, 08:57 AM
To be accurate... DN, as well as the Predator and Chief, are acting Pro-Birth, not Pro-Life.

Peerie Maa
01-26-2017, 09:19 AM
Only with VERY fancy medical care and lots of luck, and even then it may result in pretty severe developmental problems. By 35 or 36 weeks the odds are quite good. This is something my wife deals with all the time at the hospital; people's decisions about whether to try to save a very very premature birth. Hard stuff.

But 'viability' is really a function of technology. 100 years ago babies born at 36 weeks usually died. Eventually, we'll probably be able to build an artificial womb that can take an egg fertilized in a dish and allow it to develop into a healthy infant. No help for the abortion issue there.

And to be honest, the fact that a majority of fertilized eggs fail to survive in the course of nature really doesn't tell us anything about whether performing an abortion is OK or not. Nature is not necessarily just.; what is is not necessarily right. Everybody dies eventually, but it's not OK to kill people.

I said "about 30" because some have survived fro 24 or 26 weeks. It was meant to be a big "about".

As to the "artificial mother" that is a huge call. Did you know that a frogs genome is much bigger and more complex than ours? That is because frog spawn has to cope with wild fluctuations in temperature and so on, so the genome needs instructions for different enzymes to cope with all of the variability.
Being placental means that our development depends on a walking incubator that dumps the correct hormones into the incubator at the correct time. For example the X or Y chromosome is useless if the incubator does not flood the foetus with the correct amount of hormones at the correct stage of development. It is a lot more complex than just a food supply and waste removal system with a thermostat.
Bit of a red herring though, you are not going to go through donating an egg and paying for 9 months of sophisticated science by an accident that you might come to regret.

Daniel Noyes
01-26-2017, 09:20 AM
To be accurate... DN, as well as the Predator and Chief, are acting Pro-Birth, not Pro-Life.

more alternative facts...

Noticed that Dems tried to Re-start the Killing over seas... But a compassionate powerful response by Congressional Republicans crushed the Democrats blood thirsty dreams... or should we all say Night Mares!

https://tse2.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.M27d409db59589f89e1c2070928871162o0&pid=15.1&P=0&w=196&h=182 https://tse2.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.Me14b69685760eeb2d300827fe2285c06o0&pid=15.1&P=0&w=299&h=188 https://tse2.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.xvOtXUWlXDpYECSCmh9zKAEsDh&pid=15.1&P=0&w=225&h=169 https://tse2.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.ojqPTAE9nK_JjjPxUJuEugEsCo&pid=15.1&P=0&w=321&h=181

Keith Wilson
01-26-2017, 09:39 AM
. . . tried to Re-start the Killing overseas . . .
Petitio Principii: (http://philosophy.lander.edu/logic/circular.html) (circular reasoning, circular argument, begging the question) in general, the fallacy of assuming as a premise a statement which has the same meaning as the conclusion.Once again, you are assuming the point that you must demonstrate to be convincing. It's a common enough logical fallacy, but a fallacy nonetheless. And posting pictures of cute children is a fundamentally dishonest argument. We are not arguing the virtues of infanticide, nor Mr. Swift's A Modest Proposal. (http://art-bin.com/art/omodest.html)

Most abortions take place when the fetus looks about like this.

https://edhambleton.files.wordpress.com/2012/12/eight-week-old-fetus-size.jpg

And describing those who favor keeping abortion legal as 'bloodthirsty' is also fundamentally a lie. Everyone would like to make abortions unnecessary; only some people want to make them illegal. The gag order will most likely increase the number of abortions by reducing access to birth control. It will certainly increase the amount of human suffering.

Arizona Bay
01-26-2017, 09:45 AM

Noticed that Dems tried to Re-start the Killing over seas... But a compassionate powerful response by Congressional Republicans crushed the Democrats blood thirsty dreams... or should we all say Night Mares!

https://tse2.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.M27d409db59589f89e1c2070928871162o0&pid=15.1&P=0&w=196&h=182 https://tse2.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.Me14b69685760eeb2d300827fe2285c06o0&pid=15.1&P=0&w=299&h=188 https://tse2.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.xvOtXUWlXDpYECSCmh9zKAEsDh&pid=15.1&P=0&w=225&h=169 https://tse2.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.ojqPTAE9nK_JjjPxUJuEugEsCo&pid=15.1&P=0&w=321&h=181

not a Dem

If you support the death penalty, you are NOT pro-life.

Do you support the death penalty?

John of Phoenix
01-26-2017, 09:48 AM
In philosophy class we read an interesting article...

This is the most amazing thing I've read in some time.

:D LMAO :D

TomF
01-26-2017, 09:52 AM
not a Dem

No, I don't support the death penalty. In some few occasions I support war, or other instances of killing, but less frequently than many. In exactly that vein, I support the availability of abortion, though I do view it as killing. Not directly like killing a child or adult, but still killing.

Keith Wilson
01-26-2017, 09:57 AM
If you do not support universal access to health care regardless of income, you are not 'pro-life'.

Shang
01-26-2017, 10:26 AM
Daniel Noyes: In philosophy class we read an interesting article about abortion...

Daniel, how old are you?

Arizona Bay
01-26-2017, 10:26 AM
No, I don't support the death penalty. In some few occasions I support war, or other instances of killing, but less frequently than many. In exactly that vein, I support the availability of abortion, though I do view it as killing. Not directly like killing a child or adult, but still killing.

I'm Pro-choice, Pro-life and non-violent... and I'll never have an abortion ;)

Arizona Bay
01-26-2017, 10:34 AM
If you do not support universal access to health care regardless of income, you are not 'pro-life'.

As well as, guaranteed food, shelter, education, personal support and safety.
And that's regardless of color, ethnicity, national origin, religion or sexual orientation.

and... nationality
...party affiliation
...philosophy
... tattoo's
... etc.

TomF
01-26-2017, 10:54 AM
Sr. Joan Chittister observes that there is quite a distinction between being "pro-life" and merely "pro-birth."

SKIP KILPATRICK
01-26-2017, 12:02 PM
http://www.politicususa.com/2017/01/25/hypocrisy-alert-trump-white-house-private-rnc-email-system-again.html?utm_source=fark&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=im

LOCK HIM UP!!!!!!!

Garret
01-26-2017, 02:57 PM
http://www.politicususa.com/2017/01/25/hypocrisy-alert-trump-white-house-private-rnc-email-system-again.html?utm_source=fark&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=im

LOCK HIM UP!!!!!!!

No, no, no. It's fine when a Republican does it. Get with the program!

Daniel Noyes
01-27-2017, 08:40 PM
not a Dem

Yes! I think that life is soooo precious that anyone who Murders someone should be put to death to make sure they do not take any more lives...

Daniel Noyes
01-27-2017, 08:40 PM
Nuff said...

https://scontent.fbed1-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-0/s526x296/15966159_1826136404265530_4411332466199625558_n.jp g?oh=cfc4bb978bfd43a88c8545a175e4821b&oe=5918AAE6
(https://www.facebook.com/1675418022670703/photos/a.1675461412666364.1073741828.1675418022670703/1826136404265530/?type=3)

LeeG
01-27-2017, 09:05 PM
In philosophy class we read an interesting article...

This is the most amazing thing I've read in some time.

:D LMAO :D

But that shows he has a reference to sanity!

lupussonic
01-27-2017, 09:13 PM
Daniel, just TRY to understand the broader picture, the one where a diverse population in diverse situations live. No-one is blood thirsty, wants to kill babies (although you have advocated here on publicly murdering mentally ill people, but I digress), or enjoys mass slaughter of infants. They just don't.

The fact is that sometimes it is the best of an already bad situation to have a safe abortion than to carry the pregnancy to full term and attempt to raise a child, or to attempt a back street mutilation to the same aim. The situations where this might be the case could include extreme poverty, mental illness on the part of the mother, rape ( I note you still have not answered my post on this), or other personal reasons. To impose your hot headed ignorant point of view on someone at the seventh point of separation just shows you have no empathy, understanding or much awareness of the larger world, the plethora of people living in it, their myriad of situations, cultures and activities.

You our seem to be of the mindset that people just get pregnant willy-nilly and don't give a damn if they get pregnant because they can just go and get that fixed. That is reduculous. Ask any woman who has had one, and she will tell you it was the saddest, most traumatic, scary, regretful thing she has done probably.

Travel a bit, meet others, talk to them, understand them. You have demonstrated here that you live an extremely narrow life, and are not qualified to pass judgment on anyone, to most forum members who contributed to this thread. Remember this conversation Daniel; in 30 years, think back on it and see if you spoke wisely, with authority and worldliness here and now.

Daniel Noyes
01-27-2017, 09:16 PM
But that shows he has a reference to sanity!

Yes! yes, hold on to that truth, "I have a reference to sanity"... now follow the sound of my voice, I will do my best to lead you out of the maniacal, mental, Fun House that is Lefty-Liberal thought.... just keep following the sound of my voice toward sanity...

TomF
01-27-2017, 09:18 PM
That's a cliff you're nearing, Daniel.

Daniel Noyes
01-27-2017, 09:19 PM
Daniel, (although you have advocated here on publicly murdering mentally ill people, but I digress),

? your going to provide an example of that... right?

Daniel Noyes
01-27-2017, 09:21 PM

Wow Trumpy won... just WoW

#ThankfulandBlessed

lupussonic
01-27-2017, 09:22 PM
Of what? The execution of the kid who shot up a church, that you were baying for his blood a week ago....?

...or the 12 year old Down's syndrome girl raped by her uncle who became pregnant?

Which one?

LeeG
01-27-2017, 09:24 PM
Yes! yes, hold on to that truth, "I have a reference to sanity"... now follow the sound of my voice, I will do my best to lead you out of the maniacal, mental, Fun House that is Lefty-Liberal thought.... just keep following the sound of my voice toward sanity...

Daniel, you may be sane but your ideology is reprehensible.

JimD
01-28-2017, 10:03 PM
A facebook meme, if I may

https://scontent-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/16195569_1476380832396613_4794771059632341142_n.jp g?oh=df87a8fbf2d09a7e44d97f81d729d847&oe=5916DC76

PeterSibley
01-28-2017, 10:14 PM
Nuff said...

https://scontent.fbed1-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-0/s526x296/15966159_1826136404265530_4411332466199625558_n.jp g?oh=cfc4bb978bfd43a88c8545a175e4821b&oe=5918AAE6
(https://www.facebook.com/1675418022670703/photos/a.1675461412666364.1073741828.1675418022670703/1826136404265530/?type=3)

Blastocysts actually. A definition for you .

a mammalian blastula in which some differentiation of cells has occurred.