PDA

View Full Version : He's not 'enjoying himself' in the White House

Norman Bernstein
01-25-2017, 08:34 AM
...and we all feel really bad about that :)

“Donald Trump holds the most powerful office in the world. But he’s dogged by insecurity over his loss of the popular vote in the election and a persistent frustration that the legitimacy of his presidency is being challenged by Democrats and the media, aides and associates say,” the AP (https://apnews.com/61415760238042f2ad7bc38acc2f468c) reports.“

Trump’s fixation has been a drag on the momentum of his opening days in office, with his exaggerations about inauguration crowds and false assertions about illegal balloting intruding on advisers’ plans to launch his presidency with a flurry of actions on the economy.”

“The bad press over the weekend has not allowed Trump to ‘enjoy’ the White House as he feels he deserves, according to one person who has spoken with him.”

Canoez
01-25-2017, 08:37 AM
I really think that he'll be bored and petulant the whole time because he doesn't get the adulation that he desires and thinks he deserves.

I like that thought. Makes me happy.

SMARTINSEN
01-25-2017, 09:04 AM
Good thing he is not the petty vindictive type.

Figment
01-25-2017, 09:19 AM
I rather thought he'd be flattered by the women marching. The biggest crowd the town has ever seen, all because of HIM!

I'm honestly surprised that he hasn't tried to spin it as a demonstration of his might.

Norman Bernstein
01-25-2017, 09:32 AM
Good thing he is not the petty vindictive type.

Dammit... coffee coming out of my nose! :)

Keith Wilson
01-25-2017, 09:34 AM
I hate to say it, but our new president is not mentally OK.

StevenBauer
01-25-2017, 09:34 AM
If he or his team had half a brain they would have welcomed the marchers, maybe invited a few of them in to the Whitehouse for tea, made some empty promises about actually caring about women, and turned the whole thing into a PR success. But no, he was too busy obsessing about the inauguration flop. Welcome to trump's petty America.

Canoez
01-25-2017, 09:35 AM
I hate to say it, but our new president is not mentally OK.

I'm not a mental health professional, but that is apparent.

Jim Mahan
01-25-2017, 09:36 AM
...not allowed Trump to ‘enjoy’ the White House as he feels he deserves...

Fock him.

Deep.
Wide.
And continuously.

If somehow he manages to stay in office for being relatively benign after all, the entire term will be a facepalm event. We will begin, no it's already started, to suffer from Trump-fatigue. It's going to be harder to listen and harder to pay attention. The general population that still doesn't get it are going to be bored into complacency. That'll make the surprise really pop. It is designed to make it more likely for the shiny object to retain all the attention while the world changes in the gilt chambers overnight.

We need to establish an appropiate Darth Vaderish theme music to play during the evening dose of Trump. It is probably an aspergers thing but I cannot even face the tv when they have that fecalith in chief in a still behind the announcer. It's a good thing I don't carry cash because you just know if he hangs on and stays in power he's gonna put his mug on the money.

Hey, buddy, can you break a trump? Nope, ain't got a nickel.

[shiver]

Gerarddm
01-25-2017, 09:36 AM
Responding to a pointed goad by an NBC reporter, they are going to launch a deep investigation into the supposed systemic voter fraud tbat denied him the popular vote. Bad mistake. Either they find nothing whuch exposes them as foolish, or they invent 'alternative facts ' and are exposed as certifiable liars not to mention wasting taxpayer money.

No. The only systemic voting problem was the concerted Republican attempts to restrict voting rights.

TomF
01-25-2017, 09:51 AM
Olbermann was correct again, eh? Wish he hadn't been.

Peerie Maa
01-25-2017, 10:00 AM
^ None of that bothered the Reps over the last 8 years.

Arizona Bay
01-25-2017, 10:02 AM
The Orange skinless one.

Daniel Noyes
01-25-2017, 10:03 AM
...and we all feel really bad about that :)

" He's not 'enjoying himself' in the White House"
hmmm not sure about that... but, WE certainly are enjoying him in the White House :ycool:

Daniel Noyes
01-25-2017, 10:11 AM
Naaaaahh... that's silly talk :)