PDA

View Full Version : Free Jig (Tom Hill Daisy Mae canoe)

nickajeglin
01-24-2017, 09:18 PM
If I'm violating the rules by posting this, please let me know. I'm just looking to help someone get a jump start on a project. |;)

I have a building jig (strongback+molds+stringers) for a completed build of Tom Hill's Daisy Mae canoe. It's located in Nebraska. If you can prove that you have bought the plans, and are willing to pick it up, it's yours. You'll probably want to replace the stringers and resquare everything, but I'm pretty confident about the accuracy of the molds. The jig would probably save you a weekend of work and about 40 bucks, so I wouldn't drive more than a couple of hours to pick it up.

Pictures can be found here: https://imgur.com/a/Z8yIF

If anyone is interested, just shoot me a PM, and we'll figure it out from there.

Edit: I called the members of this forum "wise geezers" in the album, the phrase is meant with all possible affection and appreciation.

openboater
01-24-2017, 09:36 PM
Cute boat. I really like the y shaped post holding the floor above !

nickajeglin
01-24-2017, 10:47 PM
Thanks. That there is a NIST select grade structural tree trunk. The crazy thing is, the original 6x6 is laying around down there, so someone actually removed the 6x6 and replaced it with this tree.

upchurchmr
01-24-2017, 11:42 PM
Nice looking boat and build.

nickajeglin
02-21-2018, 09:40 PM
Last call on this. I'm about to start a new build, and I need the shop space. I'll be tearing it down to bare molds next weekend if no one is interested.