PDA

View Full Version : I thought Executive Orders were bad.

TomF
01-23-2017, 03:24 PM
Mr. Trump seems to have not got the memo. And the Republican Congress seems to have misplaced all their copies too.

SKIP KILPATRICK
01-23-2017, 04:19 PM
Executive Orders are passť, they have been replaced by Imperial Decrees.

bobbys
01-23-2017, 04:42 PM
Mr. Trump seems to have not got the memo. And the Republican Congress seems to have misplaced all their copies too.

Yeah, well I told the forum this would happen..

I was told bush did it so Obama could do it now Trump can do it.

What's yer problem?

Sky Blue
01-23-2017, 04:58 PM
I used to think executive orders were bad too. I've changed my mind about that. I also used to think Harry Reid's "nuclear option" was a bad thing. I don't anymore.

TomF
01-23-2017, 05:02 PM
I used to think executive orders were bad too. I've changed my mind about that. I also used to think Harry Reid's "nuclear option" was a bad thing. I don't anymore.So unlike what folks on your side of the fence said in the past, it isn't the actual "tyranny" of an executive order that's the problem? Only having the wrong "tyrant"?

Tom Montgomery
01-23-2017, 05:11 PM
Of course.

Are you surprised? If so, why?

I have been taking these regressives seriously all along. I believe everything they say represents their views. Nothing that they do over the next four years will surprise me.

Steve McMahon
01-23-2017, 05:37 PM
Executive Orders are passť, they have been replaced by Imperial Decrees.

Sadly, I don't think you are joking.

Nicholas Scheuer
01-23-2017, 06:14 PM
Only "bad" when Obama did it.

Garret
01-23-2017, 06:38 PM
So unlike what folks on your side of the fence said in the past, it isn't the actual "tyranny" of an executive order that's the problem? Only having the wrong "tyrant"?

Nailed it! His hypocrisy shines through again.

Tom Montgomery
01-23-2017, 06:43 PM
Not only Trump's hypocrisy. Also WBF Bilge regressive's hypocrisy.

SMARTINSEN
01-23-2017, 07:17 PM
I used to think executive orders were bad too. I've changed my mind about that. I also used to think Harry Reid's "nuclear option" was a bad thing. I don't anymore.
You used to be somewhat entertaining to read. Not anymore.

Sky Blue
01-23-2017, 07:22 PM
I will try and do better, SMARTINSEN.

C. Ross
01-23-2017, 07:27 PM
No, Smartinsen is wrong. This is pure gold.

Bobcat
01-23-2017, 07:33 PM
No, Smartinsen is wrong. This is pure gold.

True colors show through

Dan McCosh
01-23-2017, 07:36 PM

Yeah, well I told the forum this would happen..

I was told bush did it so Obama could do it now Trump can do it.

What's yer problem? You forgot George Washington and Abraham Lincoln. FDR was the biggest player, by far.

TomF
01-23-2017, 09:30 PM
No, Smartinsen is wrong. This is pure gold.I was thinking gold paint, myself. ;)

bobbys
01-23-2017, 10:01 PM

Funny, I have evolved on this as well.

Sky Blue
01-23-2017, 10:03 PM

Funny, I have evolved on this as well.

I know. Pure gold, bobbys

David G
01-23-2017, 10:07 PM
Let's face it. Both parties use all available tools at need. Including Executive Orders.

The difference - to my mind - is that the liberals didn't seem to whine and moan when the other side did it. A lot of conservatives did. And now that they're in position to use those tools, the story changes. Now we liberals simply raise the issue to point out the obvious hypocrisy. Thanks SkyBlooie for the illustration.

Daniel Noyes
01-23-2017, 10:21 PM
So unlike what folks on your side of the fence said in the past, it isn't the actual "tyranny" of an executive order that's the problem? Only having the wrong "tyrant"?

that's why we have morals and taboos that have been passed down through centuries of generations of humans... not just political ways of doing things, but social and ethical etc... the Counter Culture generation thinks they are soooo smart and know sooo much better than past generations... lets see if they are right ;)

remember Obama's slogan "Change"... when we are the strongest freest most peaceful country on earth??? hey some voters fell for it, just curious what they were expecting the USA to "change" into???

C. Ross
01-23-2017, 10:23 PM
President Trump is all about the gold. It's so shiny. It reflects hypocracy and synchophantism so clearly!

Steve McMahon
01-23-2017, 10:35 PM
... we are the strongest freest most peaceful country on earth???

Strongest? There are many ways to measure strength. There may be some metrics that this could stand true to a point, and many by which it would not.
Freest? LOL, not likely.
Most Peaceful? Only in your delusions.

TomF
01-24-2017, 08:04 AM
that's why we have morals and taboos that have been passed down through centuries of generations of humans... not just political ways of doing things, but social and ethical etc... the Counter Culture generation thinks they are soooo smart and know sooo much better than past generations... lets see if they are right ;)

remember Obama's slogan "Change"... when we are the strongest freest most peaceful country on earth??? hey some voters fell for it, just curious what they were expecting the USA to "change" into???I dunno what you are talking about, seriously.

You figure that thrice-married serial philanderer Trump is more moral than straight laced, no-mistresses mom-jeans Barack Obama? Really? You figure that Trump's business practices demonstrate how he's going to bring morality and compassion back to Washington? Really?

And if America is the freest, most peaceful country on earth ... then what was that Inaugural speech all about? American "carnage," which had been going on for decades and had to stop now.

Seriously Daniel, can't you see your own contradictions?

Daniel Noyes
01-24-2017, 08:30 AM
I dunno what you are talking about, seriously.

You figure that thrice-married serial philanderer Trump is more moral than straight laced, no-mistresses mom-jeans Barack Obama? Really? You figure that Trump's business practices demonstrate how he's going to bring morality and compassion back to Washington? Really?

And if America is the freest, most peaceful country on earth ... then what was that Inaugural speech all about? American "carnage," which had been going on for decades and had to stop now.

Not at all, in fact permisivness of serial divorce's is another recent change in Society... we'll have to wait and see if the destruction of traditional marriage is the wonderful societal change Liberals think it is or if there are unintended consequences... with Liberals inability to see the future of a Binary National Election out come just a day or two away... I am beginning to question their ability to predict the affects of Major cultural changes generations into the future.

TomF
01-24-2017, 08:40 AM
For the record, Daniel. Are you actually saying that Trump's personal morality as shown in his very public life for decades is the antidote required for Barack Obama's horrifying personal morality, as shown in his family life and ethics in office?

Just say it.

Canoez
01-24-2017, 08:42 AM
President Trump is all about the gold. It's so shiny. It reflects hypocracy and synchophantism so clearly!

https://www.fugly.com/media/IMAGES/Random/adhd_highway_to_squirrel.jpg

Daniel Noyes
01-24-2017, 08:48 AM
For the record, Daniel. Are you actually saying that Trump's personal morality as shown in his very public life for decades is the antidote required for Barack Obama's horrifying personal morality, as shown in his family life and ethics in office?

Just say it.

They are equally Morally reprehensible... I did not vote for Trump or Obama for similar ethical reasons... just so happens that Trumpys policys for the Economy seem superior to the Multinational Global Corporation agenda of Obama/Clinton/Republican Establishment...

and the group of Republican support staff coming into office with Trump is hopefully morally superior to the crew slinking and slithering back under their rocks and soggy bottoms now that Obama has left office.
https://tse1.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.M59c7963c9838f51e2b62483b1171a4f7o2&pid=15.1&P=0&w=337&h=169

Norman Bernstein
01-24-2017, 08:53 AM
remember Obama's slogan "Change"...

Every single presidential campaign is about 'change'... Republican or Democratic.

To prove my point, who was the last Presidential candidate who ran on a platform of doing exactly what his predecessor did? :):)

TomF
01-24-2017, 08:56 AM
Obama's personal morality, characterized by a faithful marriage and devotion to family, is as morally reprehensible as the guy whose philandering and sexual predation led millions to March on Saturday? Really?

I am with you on Anthony Weiner, all the way. But we were talking about Presidents.

Daniel Noyes
01-24-2017, 08:56 AM
Every single presidential campaign is about 'change'... Republican or Democratic.

To prove my point, who was the last Presidential candidate who ran on a platform of doing exactly what his predecessor did? :):)

Hillary.

Daniel Noyes
01-24-2017, 09:04 AM
Obama's personal morality, characterized by a faithful marriage and devotion to family, is as morally reprehensible as the guy whose philandering and sexual predation led millions to March on Saturday? Really?

I am with you on Anthony Weiner, all the way. But we were talking about Presidents.

Trumpys disgrace over Personal Sin Vs Obama's support and pride over National Sin... both disqualified them from earning my vote

Canoez
01-24-2017, 09:07 AM
"National Sin?"

Uh...

Daniel.

Behavioral Health is covered under all health care policies in the State of Massachusetts...

SKIP KILPATRICK
01-24-2017, 09:07 AM
Sky, I get that your political views are evolving, but I'm curious are you loyal to a political ideology or to your country. I haven't seen evidence that you are both.

from the embassy tread:

http://forum.woodenboat.com/images/misc/quote_icon.png Originally Posted by Sky Blue http://forum.woodenboat.com/images/buttons/viewpost-right.png (http://forum.woodenboat.com/showthread.php?p=5136544#post5136544) Oh, it's much more than that. It also serves to create yet another fault line in the Democratic Party. Consider the difficulty that the de facto leader of the party, Sen. Schumer, would have in openly opposing such a move given his own support base and other very close ties to Israel, balanced against the dire necessity that the party coalition stay as intact as possible to oppose the Republican agenda. The progressive hate mob will go wild and demand that Democrats oppose the move, with their de facto leader most probably unable (and unwilling) to do so."

If I understand your argument (note: you didn't say that you agreed with the move, so I have no idea if you think this is a good or bad decision). you are saying it is a political move at the expense of our country's interests and security. Is that correct?

Do you agree or disagree with the move?

Hugh Conway
01-24-2017, 09:17 AM
There are no political views to evolve.

Bobcat
01-24-2017, 10:07 AM

Jaw-droppingly amazing that anyone can believe this

TomF
01-24-2017, 11:02 AM
Oz is right; it's that Irish thing.

David G
01-24-2017, 01:51 PM
I dunno what you are talking about, seriously.

That's alright... neither does he, it seems. 'National Sin'. YeeeeeeHaaaaaaa!!!

Garret
01-24-2017, 01:55 PM
Notice how - whenever someone points out an issue with Trump - that his supporters here immediately start throwing out "What are you doing about the Democratic Party?" questions?

Of course they have never pointed out any of their issues with Obama over the last 8+ years... [insert sarcasm meter pegged image here]

The hypocrisy continues in full force!

George Jung
01-24-2017, 02:00 PM
Looks like Trump is going to circumvent his own Congress - lots of EO's. The Republicans screamed bloody murder when Obama did it; haven't heard a 'peep', lately.

Looks like he'll try to ram through Keystone XL, and Dakota Access pipelines.

Bad times a'coming.

skuthorp
01-24-2017, 03:10 PM
Governing by fiat from the start. Did the party Donald took over really think that they could contain/control him?
For a sniff of power the GOP has sold it's long standing moral position. Sure they got a sniff over the matter of birth control advice etc. but Donald like couldn't care less and has much bigger fish to fry. Keep tuned folks.

TomF
01-24-2017, 04:16 PM
Yep, as I said above ... the problem isn't with Tyranny, just with the wrong Tyrant.