PDA

View Full Version : Do you think Mike Pence will be the next President?

jack grebe
01-22-2017, 01:38 PM
Many different scenarios, But do you think it will come to pass?

TomF
01-22-2017, 01:39 PM
yep.

Bobcat
01-22-2017, 01:43 PM
I don't think Trump will finish a full term. He is not temperamentally suited to the job and he is an obese 70 year old man living on junk food

Ian McColgin
01-22-2017, 01:44 PM
Yes. He's in line when Trump's impeached.

Pence is a talibanesque Christian supremacist who has an avowed goal of punishing women who seek birth control or abortion and he supports expanding the corporate kleptocracy but he has been a politician, can be pushed to compromise, and while he has a record of favoring legislation that would violate our Constitution, he has no record I can think of for just going ahead and violating civil rights by himself. He can be restrained.

Shang
01-22-2017, 01:59 PM
I don't think Trump will finish a full term. He is not temperamentally suited to the job and he is an obese 70 year old man living on junk food

Yep.
That and Apoplexy, brought on by frustration and anger when everyone does not do as he says.

peb
01-22-2017, 02:01 PM
No.

bobbys
01-22-2017, 02:04 PM

He worked his tail off campaigning while hillary faltered.

His strength is one reason he won..

he he seems pretty average for a 70 year old man prolly the same as any 70 year old bilge member.

Sky Blue
01-22-2017, 02:04 PM
No.

bobbys
01-22-2017, 02:05 PM

Pence is a talibanesque Christian supremacist who has an avowed goal of punishing women who seek birth control or abortion and he supports expanding the corporate kleptocracy but he has been a politician, can be pushed to compromise, and while he has a record of favoring legislation that would violate our Constitution, he has no record I can think of for just going ahead and violating civil rights by himself. He can be restrained.

One should have a reason to talk impeachmeant otherwise. One is just bitter.

genglandoh
01-22-2017, 02:08 PM
One thing even Trump hates will agree Trump does not quit.
Just look at how he conducted his campaign.

I expect Trump to run for a 2nd term.
If he wins it will make it very hard for Pence after a 2 term Rep President.
But not impossible Bush the elder won after 2 terms of Reagan.

jack grebe
01-22-2017, 02:18 PM
No.

Please explain

NickW
01-22-2017, 02:19 PM
Have you asked this question of a responsible gun owner?

Nick

jack grebe
01-22-2017, 02:21 PM
yep.

Please explain

jack grebe
01-22-2017, 02:22 PM
Have you asked this question of a responsible gun owner?

Nick

The question is being asked by a responsible gun owner.

Chris Coose
01-22-2017, 02:23 PM
How else could this insult work out?

Trump is stepping out on to the high wire he rigged himself and he forgot to attach the stays.

PatCassidy
01-22-2017, 02:23 PM
I would guess there is a 30% chance that Pence takes over - based on Trump serving one day as president. I imagine that Las Vegas will have a line on it.

Daniel Noyes
01-22-2017, 02:25 PM
2024!!! sure :D

ron ll
01-22-2017, 02:28 PM
The people hired Trump to do a job. When he discovers the amount of actual work involved and that he can't spend all day with his little fingers on a cell phone, he will pull a Sarah and resign.

skuthorp
01-22-2017, 02:31 PM
Trump is mocking you all and the electoral system, but barring dying from health issues I expect him to do his time and run again.
Good luck.

jack grebe
01-22-2017, 02:32 PM

Do you really expect Trump to be impeached by a republican controlled legislature?

That's pretty wishful thinking, don't you think?

ron ll
01-22-2017, 02:37 PM
Do you really expect Trump to be impeached by a republican controlled legislature?

That's pretty wishful thinking, don't you think?

I'm thinking he's eventually going to try something that even Republicans can't abide.

Jim Bow
01-22-2017, 02:44 PM
And when Pence goes it will be Paul Ryan.

But, what if they're all at the State of the Union address except for Dr. Carson, and a meteor strikes the building . . .

jack grebe
01-22-2017, 02:46 PM
But, what if they're all at the State of the Union address except for Dr. Carson, and a meteor strikes the building . . .

Party Time!

ron ll
01-22-2017, 03:09 PM

It's turtles all the way down.

Norman Bernstein
01-22-2017, 03:12 PM
Many different scenarios, But do you think it will come to pass?

Only if Trump resigns or is impeached.

jack grebe
01-22-2017, 03:23 PM
Only if Trump resigns or is impeached.

There is also a natural death, assassination, plane crashes, etc.

Ian McColgin
01-22-2017, 03:40 PM
Trump is already in violation of the emoluments clause but it's so early that even had we a congress with a democratic majority, he'd still have time.

I don't think real impeachment will get under way until he has both committed a new and rather blatant violation and the Democrats then use the continuing Trump scandals and Republicans' over-reaching case of 'victory disease' to take Congress in 2018. We have two years to maybe save our experiment in representative democratic self-governance.

This is also the time to discover the next generation of national leaders.

Jim Mahan
01-22-2017, 03:56 PM
...Apoplexy, brought on by frustration and anger when everyone does not do as he says...

...along with all the immense popular scorn and ridicule, spawned by the blatant lies.

That is where the smell of smoke is coming from.

pcford
01-22-2017, 05:04 PM

But his doctor said he would be the most fit President in the nation's history. Not the most egregious lie they have told of course.

Bob Adams
01-22-2017, 05:27 PM
There is also a natural death, assassination, plane crashes, etc.

Or Madonna blows him up.:rolleyes:

jack grebe
01-22-2017, 05:31 PM

Would that be assassination or a patriotic act.

Bob Adams
01-22-2017, 05:55 PM

Your call.

George Jung
01-22-2017, 06:03 PM

Been watching Designated Survivor, eh?

Patriot, definitely. I'd even pin the Medal of Honor on her lapel, or somewhere near.

bobbys
01-22-2017, 06:10 PM
Been watching Designated Survivor, eh?

Patriot, definitely. I'd even pin the Medal of Honor on her lapel, or somewhere near.

This is why the the women's March had Madonna speak, some are saying ignore her but this post is evidence how they really feel and would act..

Traitors to our process.

bob winter
01-22-2017, 06:17 PM

This is why the the women's March had Madonna speak, some are saying ignore her but this post is evidence how they really feel and would act..

Traitors to our process.

Your process is garbage.

Reynard38
01-22-2017, 06:26 PM
Wasn't Clinton impeached? Didn't seem to slow him down.
Barring Trump vapor locking he'll finish out his term.

I stand by my previous statement.

Without W there would have been no Obama.
Without Obama there'd be no Trump.
Without Trump there'd be no....

Get over it and get to work DNC. You've been handed an incredible opportunity.

SKIP KILPATRICK
01-22-2017, 06:28 PM
I hope not.....talk about out of the fry pan into the fire!

Cuyahoga Chuck
01-22-2017, 06:50 PM
One thing even Trump hates will agree Trump does not quit.
Just look at how he conducted his campaign.

I expect Trump to run for a 2nd term.
If he wins it will make it very hard for Pence after a 2 term Rep President.
But not impossible Bush the elder won after 2 terms of Reagan.

He's gonna' be 71 in June. Being obese and possessing a potato sack full of character and psychological flaws will shorten his life for certain. In our 70th decade most of us and The Donald too will suffer physical declines that are very hard to ward off. Trump is trying to be an impressive young buck again and it will only work to wear down his 70+ year old hide. Today I heard he doesn't sleep much. He will never outrun Mother Nature if he is tired all the time. Existing in a sleep deprived fog makes him a danger to our coutry. Our adverseries will be watching him closely.

TomF
01-22-2017, 06:50 PM
Please explainas you said, there are a few paths leading this way. I have some concern, as I've said before, that a disaffected Trump hardliner will take a shot at him when he doesn't build a wall, or when employment numbers are worse than Obama's, or etc. He has rallied his base by inflaming anger, and that can slide the other direction.

I also anticipate scandals, dealing with conflicts of interest and/or Intel emerging from Russia or etc crony capitalism. If it happens as soon as it may, and is matched by the economic issues I've already mentioned, the Dems could gain enough seats to impeach after 2018.

Finally, whatever blather his personal doctor gave, Trump has the body of a 70 year old who has eaten too much rich food and not exercised enough. It would not be surprising at all for him to have a health crisis, like many with his physiology. Guys in his shape can live another 20 years, but many also drop dead every day at younger ages.

George Jung
01-22-2017, 07:13 PM
Rich food? In what universe is a Big Mac (super-sized, of course) considered 'rich food'?

TomF
01-22-2017, 07:49 PM
Rich as in calorie, fat and salt dense.

The thing about physiques, is that apart from surgery, they don't lie. No Kellyanne Conway can spin Trump's waistline and jowls into anything other than what they are. Just as a bodybuilder has a physique that shows his commitment of the previous decade(s), so does someone of Trump's shape. You don't build those proportions on salads, steamed chicken breasts, and an hour a day at the gym.

bobbys
01-22-2017, 07:53 PM
Your process is garbage.

Why? No one grabbed the Mike and said it does not reflect on the March., The forum member agreed with the sentiment..

Seems you may be embarressed about madonnas vile rant and choose to attack me instead..

Strange.

john welsford
01-22-2017, 09:34 PM
Rich food? In what universe is a Big Mac (super-sized, of course) considered 'rich food'?

Rich in just about everything harmful to ones health!
My brother in law owned a Maccas,made a lot of money at it, ( lost all of it since) gained a heap of weight and his doctor put him on a very controlled diet to keep him alive.

John Welsford