PDA

View Full Version : Holding the feet

Boater14
01-21-2017, 08:47 AM
You trump backers, is there anything he said to get elected that you'll insist he do under penalty of voting for someone else in four years. The walls a metaphor, he ain't locking her up, 40% tariff etc. or as I suspect is his getting elected enough. Is pretty much leaving Obamacare OK? Up to you but this question can be answered without naming a democrat. They lost.

CWSmith
01-21-2017, 10:20 AM
Watch the coming trend in employment, medical care, and the stock market. Whatever else he does, he will be abandoned by the party when voters lose jobs, are bankrupt by medical care, and lose their retirement money. Then GOP politicians will be facing defeat in the coming election and Trump will be ushered out.

The Tea Party will never abandon him because they are driven by anger and a fundamental lack of understanding, but the Tea Party is not enough to get elected. Sadly, many voters will continue to hold the same opinions in spite of Trump's failure.

G.Sherman
01-21-2017, 10:27 AM
He is obviously NOT interested in his base.... unless that base is big banking, big oil, big pharma or anything or one that can increase his portfolio of wealth. Retired veterans will be taking a cut in benefits thanks to a recent vote. Things will really go to hell in America when the manufacturers of "wife-beater" tee shirts goes under... God bless the Chinese.

Boater14
01-21-2017, 11:26 AM
Great but how about a trump supporter answering. Any point where you say.....oops. Can you formulate an answer that doesn't contain...TED, BILL, HILLARY OR OBAMA? They lost....losers...why bring them up.

CWSmith
01-21-2017, 01:35 PM
He is obviously NOT interested in his base.... unless that base is big banking, big oil, big pharma or anything or one that can increase his portfolio of wealth.

I have real doubts that the bankers and the stock market will do well in the next 4 years. It is way too soon to tell. It's a little like telling the apex predator "Here is your live food supply for the next month - pace yourself." They just can't seem to do it. In the long run, if the workers don't do well the banks won't sell mortgages, foreclosure will bring losses, stocks will soften, prescriptions can't be paid for, and the wealth will flow out of the system. I don't believe that Trump is good for business with the likely exception of his own business.

G.Sherman
01-21-2017, 02:19 PM
I have real doubts that the bankers and the stock market will do well in the next 4 years. It is way too soon to tell. It's a little like telling the apex predator "Here is your live food supply for the next month - pace yourself." They just can't seem to do it. In the long run, if the workers don't do well the banks won't sell mortgages, foreclosure will bring losses, stocks will soften, prescriptions can't be paid for, and the wealth will flow out of the system. I don't believe that Trump is good for business with the likely exception of his own business.
My bad, not banking. Wall Street. They're still looking for ways to wring a few dollars more out of the American public with the help of a pathological liar and con-man. Not a supporter, unless it's to hold his legs as the mob strings him up.

CWSmith
01-21-2017, 03:12 PM
My bad, not banking. Wall Street. They're still looking for ways to wring a few dollars more out of the American public with the help of a pathological liar and con-man. Not a supporter, unless it's to hold his legs as the mob strings him up.

At one point in the campaign Trump was talking about taking the bubble out of the stock market. I don't hear that lately.

The stock market may be about "buy low and sell high", but something has to move the prices up. Speculation is a method for profit, but a poor dynamic. I do not believe that GOP policies are good for long-term growth.