PDA

View Full Version : Do you think Trump wanted to be President?

genglandoh
01-20-2017, 10:31 AM
When Trump announced he was running for President many said he does not want to be President but instead he just wanted publicity.
Then when he won the Rep nomination people said he knew he would lose to Hillary and he only wanted to start a TV News network.

I dismissed this talk because every time he had a setback in the campaign he would work harder and not give up.
Just look at the number of campaign rallies he did at the end of the campaign.

This shows the way he succeed in business and I expect it will be something he will continue as President.

What do you think?

switters
01-20-2017, 10:33 AM
the answer is always no

peb
01-20-2017, 10:43 AM
I think he never expected to be president. Did he want to be president? I don't know. I do not believe it was his goal at the start of the campaign.

Dan McCosh
01-20-2017, 10:46 AM
He leaves the impression that he doesn't know what it is to be president.

LeeG
01-20-2017, 10:52 AM
This shows the way he succeed in business and I expect it will be something he will continue as President.

What do you think?

Four bankruptcies with Russian investors following since no banks will deal with him. $25 million settlement for defrauding customers of Trump U. You have a funny standard for success.

TomF
01-20-2017, 10:56 AM
He didn't want to be President, but also doesn't want to be a loser. He is the dog who caught the car.

Norman Bernstein
01-20-2017, 10:56 AM
I believe that his obvious narcissism was the motivation to run: he was in love with his own image, as President. I don't think he expected to win, until perhaps a month before the election.

Once he won the election, he couldn't let go of the narcissism, the need to disparage his critics, especially.

Whether he can 'sober up' and recognize that a President, even the best of Presidents, will never be completely successful... and whether he can let go of his ego and actually govern, is yet to be seen.

switters
01-20-2017, 10:57 AM
He didn't want to be President, but also doesn't want to be a loser. He is the dog who caught the car.

Perfect.

genglandoh
01-20-2017, 11:02 AM
Four bankruptcies with Russian investors following since no banks will deal with him. $25 million settlement for defrauding customers of Trump U. You have a funny standard for success.

Just to be clear, when 4 projects fail that does not mean the entire business failed.

I am a project engineer most of our projects he make money, but once in a while we do not.
I think I have had 2 or 3 key projects fail, where we did not make money.
But that does not mean the entire business failed.

genglandoh
01-20-2017, 11:10 AM

Interesting way to look at it.
So he worked hard to win the election and now that he has won it he will not know what to do with it.
If might have been a good argument back in Nov but looking at all then he had done since the election does not fit your argument.

After the election he continued to work hard no sign of slowing down.
1. Got all his cabinet picks in place.
2. Has had meeting with may key people to move his agenda ahead.
3. Started work on getting jobs.

Norman Bernstein
01-20-2017, 11:14 AM
Just to be clear, when 4 projects fail that does not mean the entire business failed.

I am a project engineer most of our projects he make money, but once in a while we do not.

The difference: When most businesses fail, the loss is carried by people who willingly invested and assumed the risk.

When Donald Trump's projects fail, it means that he isn't the loser... the creditors are... the people who provided materials and services with the expectation of getting paid. These people did not willingly take on the risk of those projects. Admittedly, small businessmen sometimes encounter bad debts... but as the record and the testimony shows, Donald Trump wasn't incapable of paying his bills... he simply decided to screw the vendors and refuse to pay.... and since he was very wealthy, very powerful, and had a fleet of lawyers, those small businessmen couldn't afford to sue for redress.

It should be noted that, through the four bankruptcies, Trump himself made money, by paying himself big fees.

Sleazeball.

Sky Blue
01-20-2017, 11:17 AM
You men say some very silly things sometimes, mostly involving politics.

JimD
01-20-2017, 11:40 AM
... He is the dog who caught the car.Good one.

Bob Adams
01-20-2017, 11:43 AM
I don't think he ever dreamed he was really going to make it. I'm surprised he didn't bail after the primaries.

LeeG
01-20-2017, 11:50 AM

Just to be clear, banks would not touch him because of his lack of success and history of filing lawsuits. He paid $25 million to settle a lawsuit against him.

Keith Wilson
01-20-2017, 11:51 AM
Mr. Trump, consistent with the symptoms of Narcissistic Personality Disorder (link (http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/narcissistic-personality-disorder/basics/symptoms/con-20025568)), wanted to feed his ego. All else follows from that, and is subordinate to that goal.