Do you think Trump's advisers will urge him to stop Tweeting?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bob Adams
    • Sep 2000

Do you think Trump's advisers will urge him to stop Tweeting?

I know if I was one of them I would.
    You must be the change you wish to see in the world."
    Mahatma Gandhi
  • Norman Bernstein
    Liberaltarian
    • Nov 2004

Re: Do you think Trump's advisers will urge him to stop Tweeting?

Absolutely not. For a while, at least, Twitter has become the premium mass communications tool in political America, and Trump is going to use it constantly. I'm betting his advisers are encouraging him to govern via Twitter, and freeze out all conventional media.
    "Reason and facts are sacrificed to opinion and myth. Demonstrable falsehoods are circulated and recycled as fact. Narrow minded opinion refuses to be subjected to thought and analysis. Too many now subject events to a prefabricated set of interpretations, usually provided by a biased media source. The myth is more comfortable than the often difficult search for truth."

Comment

• TomF
      Recalcitrant Heretic
      • Jun 2003

What Norm said. It looks like he is still all rogue and anti establishment. In fact, this is going to be a core communications tool, and I suspect that part of the change will be that Bannon and his staff of headline writers take over some tweeting duties. Same style and "voice," but with only the appearance of spontaneity.
      If I use the word "God," I sure don't mean an old man in the sky who just loves the occasional goat sacrifice. - Anne Lamott

Comment

• Bob Adams
        • Sep 2000

Originally posted by TomF
        What Norm said. It looks like he is still all rogue and anti establishment. In fact, this is going to be a core communications tool, and I suspect that part of the change will be that Bannon and his staff of headline writers take over some tweeting duties. Same style and "voice," but with only the appearance of spontaneity.
        And maybe sanity?
        You must be the change you wish to see in the world."
        Mahatma Gandhi

Comment

• Norman Bernstein
          Liberaltarian
          • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Bob Adams
          And maybe sanity?
          Let's face it, Bob.... it's the era of the 'demagogue as President'. Let's just hope that it's a passing wave.
          "Reason and facts are sacrificed to opinion and myth. Demonstrable falsehoods are circulated and recycled as fact. Narrow minded opinion refuses to be subjected to thought and analysis. Too many now subject events to a prefabricated set of interpretations, usually provided by a biased media source. The myth is more comfortable than the often difficult search for truth."

Comment

• TomF
            Recalcitrant Heretic
            • Jun 2003

Wouldn't count on that. I think it is going to use the astroturf/fake new model. Will be at once more "personal" and less official/accountable than "real" White House coms.
            If I use the word "God," I sure don't mean an old man in the sky who just loves the occasional goat sacrifice. - Anne Lamott

Comment

• George Jung
              • Jan 2004

There's a lot of things they didn't tell me when I signed on with this outfit....

Comment

• genglandoh
                • Dec 2010

His excuse for tweeting was because the news media does not tell the story correctly.
                For example the crowd size of his rallies vs Hillarys' rallies.

So he had to tweet to get his message out.
                I expect like every president he will want to make sure his message gets out correctly, so he will keep tweeting.
                "The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can’t do." Captain Jack Sparrow

Comment

• TomF
                  Recalcitrant Heretic
                  • Jun 2003

That is what press releases are for.

Comment

• genglandoh
                    • Dec 2010

Originally posted by TomF
                    That is what press releases are for.
                    That was before social media.
                    New communications options are available today and like it or not Trump is using them.
                    "The only rules that really matter are these: what a man can do and what a man can’t do." Captain Jack Sparrow

Comment

• Canoez
                      Did I say that out loud?
                      • Sep 2007

Oh no. Could be gold.

"The pessimist complains about the wind; the optimist expects it to change; the realist adjusts the sails."
                      -William A. Ward

Comment

• TomF
                        Recalcitrant Heretic
                        • Jun 2003

Originally posted by genglandoh
                        That was before social media.
                        New communications options are available today and like it or not Trump is using them.
                        Then Trump is going to need to distinguish between when he is tweeting policy, and when he is just poking a celebrity or Gold Star family with a sharp stick.

He is in charge now, and his comments will have actual geopolitical consequences. If he chooses not to recognize and manage that risk, then we will see more consequences.

Comment

• Joe (SoCal)
                          Banned
                          • Feb 2002

Have any of you actually watched his twitter feed? No SERIOUSLY watching it LIVE !!! I look at it all the time its like watching a train wreck every day. It's a petulant bully thin skinned teenager with an itchy twitter finger. I don't follow him but I do look at and refresh it it all the time.

Comment

Working...