X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Paul Pless
    pinko commie tree hugger
    • Oct 2003

unverified, alleged, irresponsible to post publicly

the dossier on trump's ties to russia and compromising material that russia has on trump

link
    Simpler is better, except when complicated looks really cool.
  • jack grebe
    Misunderstood
    • Feb 2001

Re: unverified, alleged, irresponsible to post publically

Fake
    Originally posted by George Jung
    Don't under-estimate Jack. He's purty damned talented

Comment

• Norman Bernstein
      Liberaltarian
      • Nov 2004

Re: unverified, alleged, irresponsible to post publicly

"unverified, alleged, irresponsible to post publically"

Hmmmm... seems I recall a story about a pedophile sex ring run by Hillary Clinton, out of a NY pizza parlor. Was THAT the story you're referring to?
      "Reason and facts are sacrificed to opinion and myth. Demonstrable falsehoods are circulated and recycled as fact. Narrow minded opinion refuses to be subjected to thought and analysis. Too many now subject events to a prefabricated set of interpretations, usually provided by a biased media source. The myth is more comfortable than the often difficult search for truth."

Comment

• LeeG
        • May 2002

I haven't read it so it could be a hoax

Comment

• Norman Bernstein
          Liberaltarian
          • Nov 2004

I'm getting a good laugh out of all of this.

Of course, nobody knows if this is fake news or a real scoop, although it has the earmarks of fake news, all right....

...but it's interesting to muse a bit on the stuff. Would this be out of character, for Donald Trump? The ultimate misogynist, the man who admitted cheating on his first and second wives, who joked about sexual assault, who has disparaged many women on the basis of their looks... would it be so inconceivable that he'd be found in a Russian hotel with a couple of hookers?

I'd argue that what makes this 'fake news' (presuming it IS fake) so interesting, is that it precisely matches the character of the man.
          "Reason and facts are sacrificed to opinion and myth. Demonstrable falsehoods are circulated and recycled as fact. Narrow minded opinion refuses to be subjected to thought and analysis. Too many now subject events to a prefabricated set of interpretations, usually provided by a biased media source. The myth is more comfortable than the often difficult search for truth."

Comment

• C. Ross
            • May 2007

Hoax. I posted the link last night.

Comment

• Paul Pless
              pinko commie tree hugger
              • Oct 2003

Originally posted by C. Ross
              Hoax. I posted the link last night.
              of course its worthless, what i find especially amusing is its the right getting a taste of their treatment of the clintons for the last two and a half decades - none of that was real either. . .

Comment

• Ted Hoppe
                Irritant, Level 2
                • Nov 2006

Seems as valid as the report of yellowcake uranium that got the US to invade Iraq.
                Without friends none of this is possible.

Comment

• Norman Bernstein
                  Liberaltarian
                  • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Ted Hoppe
                  Seems as valid as the report of yellowcake uranium that got the US to invade Iraq.
                  Proving that there is nothing new under the sun; we've been living with fake news forever

Comment

• TomF
                    Recalcitrant Heretic
                    • Jun 2003

"Truthful hyperbole" Take Kellyanne Conway's advice, and don't pay attention to the specific words or claims. Pay attention instead to what you know "is in his heart."
                    If I use the word "God," I sure don't mean an old man in the sky who just loves the occasional goat sacrifice. - Anne Lamott

Comment

• Gerarddm
                      #RESIST
                      • Feb 2010

#5: yep.
                      Gerard>
                      Albuquerque, NM

Next election, vote against EVERY Republican, for EVERY office, at EVERY level. Be patriotic, save the country.

Comment

• Paul Pless
                        pinko commie tree hugger
                        • Oct 2003

Originally posted by TomF
                        "Truthful hyperbole" Take Kellyanne Conway's advice, and don't pay attention to the specific words or claims. Pay attention instead to what you know "is in his heart."
                        oh snap

Comment

• LeeG
                          • May 2002

Misc.

So what have we learned from this deep dive into the network of Donald Trump’s Russian/FSU connections?
                          First, the President-elect really is very “well-connected,” with an extensive network of unsavory global underground connections that may well be unprecedented in White House history. In choosing his associates, evidently Donald Trump only pays cursory attention to questions of background, character, and integrity.
                          Second, Donald Trump has also literally spent decades cultivating senior relationships of all kinds with Russia and the FSU. And public and private senior Russian figures of all kinds have likewise spent decades cultivating him, not only as a business partner, but as a “useful idiot.”

Comment

• George Jung
                            • Jan 2004

Front page, NYTimes. They state - 'unsubstantiated' - but were concerned enough to brief leadership that 'this is out there'. All shaping up to be a nasty, volatile season of politics.

There's a lot of things they didn't tell me when I signed on with this outfit....

Comment

• George Jung
                              • Jan 2004

An excerpt:

The decision of top intelligence officials to give the president, the president-elect and the so-called Gang of Eight — Republican and Democratic leaders of Congress and the intelligence committees — what they know to be unverified, defamatory material was extremely unusual

The former British intelligence officer who gathered the material about Mr. Trump is considered a competent and reliable operative with extensive experience in Russia, American officials said. But he passed on what he heard from Russian informants and others, and what they told him has not yet been vetted by American intelligence.
                              The memos describe sex videos involving prostitutes with Mr. Trump in a 2013 visit to a Moscow hotel. The videos were supposedly prepared as “kompromat,” or compromising material, with the possible goal of blackmailing Mr. Trump in the future.
                              The memos also suggest that Russian officials proposed various lucrative deals, essentially as disguised bribes in order to win influence over Mr. Trump.
                              There's a lot of things they didn't tell me when I signed on with this outfit....

Comment

Working...