PDA

View Full Version : Fishing Story

Dave Hadfield
01-08-2017, 12:12 PM
This appeared in my Inbox this morning...

"I went fishing this morning but after a short time I ran out of worms. Then I saw a cottonmouth with a frog in his mouth. Frogs are good bass bait.
Knowing the snake couldn’t bite me with the frog in his mouth. I grabbed him right behind the head, took the frog, and put it in my bait bucket.
Now the dilemma was how to release the snake without getting bit. So, I grabbed my bottle of Jack Daniels and poured a little whiskey in its mouth.
His eyes rolled back, he went limp. I released him into the lake without incident and carried on fishing using the frog.

A little later, I felt a nudge on my foot.

There was that same snake with two frogs in his mouth."

amish rob
01-08-2017, 12:15 PM
A+!

Peace,
Robert

Breakaway
01-09-2017, 10:09 AM
Good one!!

Here's another.

A poacher is using hand grenades to harvest fish. He chucks it overboard, the concussion kills dozens of fish,and he scoops them up. He calls this fishing .

The conservation officer gets wind of this and stakes out the poacher. He tucks his boat behind a point. The poacher pulls up on the other side of the point and picks up a grenade.

"Stop right there!'" Says the officer.

The poacher freezes with his hand on the grenade pin as the conservation officer idles alongside.

"Got you!" declares the constable. "What do you have to say for yourself, you poacher?!"

With that the poacher pulls the pin on the grenade and tosses it to the officer. The officer reflexively catches the grenade as the poacher states:

" You got me. Now, you gonna fish or what? "

Kevin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

amish rob
01-09-2017, 10:22 AM
Another A+!

Peace.
Robert

Fitz
01-09-2017, 01:13 PM
Reminds me of a story - My grandfather was an old salt down on Cape Cod. He was a fisherman and a habitual pipe smoker. He would say that a pinch of tobacco placed in the mouth of an eel would kill it deader than hell. I was small at the time and I don't recall a demonstration, but I guess there is some truth to it.

Fitz